PDA

View Full Version : Neighbourhood cats- Car cover on new paint

Fifty_Cent
02-27-2005, 09:44 AM
After re-spraying the hood and the 2 doors of my car, now its time to adress the cats issues.

I may need to get some guns out and start shooting at the damn cats, but one thing is for sure, last night there were not one, but two cats sitting on my hood. (yeap, the freshly painted one)

These cats are fed by the family who stays at the house opposite mine, but I think they dont really belong to anyone. They just go here and there.

So, 2 claw scratches last night, I have addressed them with some mild OEM BMW polish. I think they are almost invisible.

So, i have two choices:

1. Get a good car cover, and use it regularly.
2. Get some rat poison and send them to where they re supposed to be, after messing around with my car.

I mean, some people are so inconsiderate. They feed the f*cking cats of the neighbourhood, and then they come and sleep on my expensive car, with a new finish.

I dont want to start arguing with the neighbours, (they will deny it anyways) but this is really making my life difficult.

Problem is, I dont know if I can use a car cover on a new finish. It must dry up nicely, and it needs to get fresh air to do that. Maybe a very good quality expensive thick cover?

Oh, well, I think i ll just drop some rat poison, quietly so that no one will know who did it.:)

Now, I have temporarily put two soft beach towels on the hood, so that they cats of the neighbourhood will sleep on a 40k$ (current price of my car here) car.

Pathetic.:confused:

Alex Baumann
02-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Get a car cover. The climate in Cyprus is warm enough, so drying shouldn't be an issue.

But poisoning the cats is not the human way of solving the problem, IMO.

Fifty_Cent
02-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Get a car cover. The climate in Cyprus is warm enough, so drying shouldn't be an issue.

But poisoning the cats is not the human way of solving the problem, IMO.Well, i know its not the human way, but these cats are all over the place. they must be 4 of them.

I want to see how you would react, Alex, if some cats were having a party on the bonnet of your B3:) .

Anyways, I ll see.

Alex Baumann
02-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Well, i know its not the human way, but these cats are all over the place. they must be 4 of them.

I want to see how you would react, Alex, if some cats were having a party on the bonnet of your B3:) .

Anyways, I ll see.

I hear you, it is frustrating and it would drive me crazy too. But this is why I rented a flat with a garage in the same house.

Get a car cover, life will be much easier :)

MatWiz
02-27-2005, 10:02 PM
There is an electric mat that you put on your car to zap pets off your car. After doing it a few times they will learn.

No, I don't know what its called or where to get it.. :p

SergioK
02-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Wait til summer and the temps increase, give them some antifreeze to 'cool off'. :D

Fifty_Cent
03-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Wait til summer and the temps increase, give them some antifreeze to 'cool off'. :D
Sorry for not replying earlier, I was busy stying to get rid of the cats> Well, I got a hand pistol with a silencer and last night I killed them all!Nah, I am joking, I wish, hand guns (and all guns) are prohibited here, all except hunting guns with big barrels that use only hunting bullets with alot of small led. Single bullet guns are all prohibited, and you can go to jail for having one.

Thats the reason we dont really have any killings (from guns I mean) over here. Well, we have alot of accidents though. There is a trend of young guys "rising" up their japanese cars wih turbochargers, and this is a real problem here now. With japanese cars easily accessible from Japan (RHD) it is fairly cheap to buy a japanese rocket.

The police is confiscating any cars that have any engine mods, other than the OEM.

Anyways, back to my subject, I got a new car cover today, and fitted it. It is an external cover, waterproof with inside lining made of a special antiscratch material.

Lets hope with will solve things.

Here's a couple of photos of my freshly painted car.
As previously said, job was done at BMW Cyprus, and it is almost perfect, besides a couple of dots on the hood, and one on the door.

2 right doors painted and hood.

Price 584$, which is really good for a main dealer I must say.

So this is my baby!
Since I got the doors re-painted, I thought I might get some new door strips, so I did.

Here it is..(door stripping not installed on this photo, still has the old ones) Photos taken with my Panasonic mobile phone, so are not really high res.

CascadeTelcom
03-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Sorry for not replying earlier, I was busy stying to get rid of the cats> Well, I got a hand pistol with a silencer and last night I killed them all!Nah, I am joking, I wish, hand guns (and all guns) are prohibited here, all except hunting guns with big barrels that use only hunting bullets with alot of small led. Single bullet guns are all prohibited, and you can go to jail for having one.

Thats the reason we dont really have any killings (from guns I mean) over here. Well, we have alot of accidents though. There is a trend of young guys "rising" up their japanese cars wih turbochargers, and this is a real problem here now. With japanese cars easily accessible from Japan (RHD) it is fairly cheap to buy a japanese rocket.

The police is confiscating any cars that have any engine mods, other than the OEM.

Anyways, back to my subject, I got a new car cover today, and fitted it. It is an external cover, waterproof with inside lining made of a special antiscratch material.

Lets hope with will solve things.

Here's a couple of photos of my freshly painted car.
As previously said, job was done at BMW Cyprus, and it is almost perfect, besides a couple of dots on the hood, and one on the door.

2 right doors painted and hood.

Price 584$, which is really good for a main dealer I must say.

So this is my baby!
Since I got the doors re-painted, I thought I might get some new door strips, so I did.

Here it is..(door stripping not installed on this photo, still has the old ones) Photos taken with my Panasonic mobile phone, so are not really high res.

MY wife has two cats and the neighbors have two which love my garage when the door is left open for extended periods of time. The first time I found one of the critters on the warm hood of my 57 Bird I knew something needed to be done short of killing the felines.
I visited Petco and found a device called "Tattle Tale" which is nothing more than a cheap motion detector with two settings for about $20.00. I set it on my windshield and happened to be in the area when one of the cats jumped on the fender and ran like hell when the noise commenced. The cats no longer approach the hoods of the BMW and Bird when the "Tattle Tales" are working. Don't think the "Tattle Tale" would survive rain but it might work on dry evenings and in a dry wheel well.

TeamM3
03-06-2005, 05:39 AM
yeah, get one of those talking car alarms with motion sensors :dunno:

"Please step away away from the vehicle kitty" :rofl: