PDA

View Full Version : Problems with key remote

x3man
02-27-2005, 03:30 PM
I was unable to lock my X3 today with the key remote. This is the 2nd time this has happened and it is only a month old. Anyone else experiencing these problems? Could it be a low battery? If so, how do you open the key to change the battery?

tonymey
02-28-2005, 06:28 AM
My dealer told me ( and it says in the maual) that the battery is recharged everytime you drive you car. So it should not be a battery problem, but then again it could be several things. First check if it only happens with one peticular key, then you can narrow it down to the keys program being bad or maybe you do have a faulty battery. Good luck :rolleyes:

x3man
02-28-2005, 07:00 AM
My dealer told me ( and it says in the maual) that the battery is recharged everytime you drive you car. So it should not be a battery problem, but then again it could be several things. First check if it only happens with one peticular key, then you can narrow it down to the keys program being bad or maybe you do have a faulty battery. Good luck :rolleyes:

I was unable to lock the X3 with either key remote. I had to do it manually so that may rule out the battery unless both are bad.

Ryouko
02-28-2005, 07:38 AM
I was unable to lock my X3 today with the key remote. This is the 2nd time this has happened and it is only a month old. Anyone else experiencing these problems? Could it be a low battery? If so, how do you open the key to change the battery?

We had a total electronic meltdown of sorts in our 2005 3.0 the other. Day. It started with Serius going down, the radio wouldn't turn on, then the seatbelt indicator was on, the the radio came back, but the volume didn't work, the car wouldn't lock, etc. We brought it to the dealership and they took care of it.

Now, they told us they couldn't replicate the problem (even though we had all those symptoms for at least 10 hours that day) but what I think they did was as soon as they brought it into the shop and plugged it into their computers, it reset the system, which is probably why they couldn't replicate the problem...

Anyway, keep an eye out for other electrical problems, otherwise, make an appointment to bring your X3 in.

sfca-325i
02-28-2005, 09:55 AM
IIRC, there is a service bulletin that covers this.

Check out this link (http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e83/6094643-1.html)

x3Pilot
03-09-2005, 08:43 PM
After complaining several times to the dealer that the button on my key sometimes just will not open the door, he said that a new service bulletin outlined this problem and says to replace the alarm antenna, which goes into the inside rear view mirror, with an improved one. He has ordered one for me.

I knew that it was not the battery in the key because I have the same problem with both keys and the problem often happens after I have already driven the car earlier in the day, giving the key time to recharge.

In other words, call your dealer and tell him about the bulletin. Good luck.