PDA

View Full Version : BMW Car Care Products

Bavarian
02-28-2005, 05:59 AM
Well, yesterday, while the world watched the lame Oscars, I was putting myself and my time to better use. I was in the garage cleaning the X on the inside.

I purchased the BMW All-Purpose Cleaner for plastics, vinyl, wood trim, etc. And I purchased the BMW Leather Cleaner & Conditioner for uhhh...leather.

The dash cleaner worked REALLY well - it removed anything foreign that was even caked on the plastics. Also, what I like about the cleaner is that it doesn't leave your plastics "glossy" after you use it, and it doesn't feel sticky after it dries either.

Then I went over the seats and door panels (the leather part) with the leather product. This was a little harder to work with...it's like a gel which, on one hand you gotta apply ALL over, and EVENLY, too. But then you gotta buff it out immediatly with another clean cloth. That took some time. I did the headrests, and steering wheel, and everything made of cow.

Finally, I used my Shark Steam Cleaner to steam the carpets. I had some white salt stains from the earlier ski season. The carpets look like new after an hour of labor.

The leather conditioner has seeped in by this morning, and I enjoyed a morning drive in soft leather to the touch. It actually feels softer. I recommend the BMW line of products to anyone who is curious. I know people you Lexol and other such products, but the cheap BMW stuff works well enough I think.

Anyway, today it's time to wash the car outside (in a touchless carwash of course). Is there any way to apply some sort of wax to the wheels to make brake dust removal easier?

Rocketir
02-28-2005, 09:29 AM
I have had good luck with the Zaino Bros Products. www.zainobros.com

Rangerfan
02-28-2005, 11:08 AM
I too am a huge fan of Zaino stuff, inside and out!

KingEazy
03-01-2005, 06:40 AM
I as well am a huge fan of the BMW lether care pachage. Can anyone recomend what the best way to clean the carpets?

Bavarian
03-01-2005, 08:50 AM
I as well am a huge fan of the BMW lether care pachage. Can anyone recomend what the best way to clean the carpets?

Steam the carpets. It is by far the best solution in my opinion because:

1) Stains and such are taken out with the natural way of steam, and not chemicals
2) Your carpets don't possess an overwhelming scent from the chemicals afterwards
3) Your carpets don't get wet like with chemicals, just moist (they dry in just one night)

Quicksilver
03-01-2005, 02:25 PM

I have found nothing better than Woolite Heavy Traffic Foam Carpet Cleaner, 22 fl oz.
I have cleaned almost every kind of carpet with it in the house and in the car and it is surpurb.

Does not over wet the carpet and removes stain after stain. Spray it on scrub with a stiff brush, dries in about 20 mins.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=89406&catid=33270&aid=333971&aparam=woolite_heavy_traffic_foa

mscoins
03-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Then I went over the seats and door panels (the leather part) with the leather product. This was a little harder to work with...it's like a gel which, on one hand you gotta apply ALL over, and EVENLY, too. But then you gotta buff it out immediatly with another clean cloth. That took some time. I did the headrests, and steering wheel, and everything made of cow.

I also use the BMW leather care product, but it is a white creamy liquid, not a gel (purchased in late 2003). Anyway, it goes on and wipes off easily and does a good job preserving that new car look and smell.

jimwh
04-06-2005, 03:50 PM
I have found nothing better than Woolite Heavy Traffic Foam Carpet Cleaner, 22 fl oz.
I have cleaned almost every kind of carpet with it in the house and in the car and it is surpurb.

Does not over wet the carpet and removes stain after stain. Spray it on scrub with a stiff brush, dries in about 20 mins.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=89406&catid=33270&aid=333971&aparam=woolite_heavy_traffic_foa
Resolve carpet cleaner (the powder) is also very effective. Sprinkle on, scrub in variuos directions (to keep the carpet fluffy) and then vacuum out. Works wonders on many different stains. Usually the bottle will come with a scrub brush.