PDA

View Full Version : Factory non-sport X3 3.0L springs on sport package 3.0L????

540x3
02-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Placed an order for a 2005 X3 3.0 w/sports package. Love the seats, rims, and steering wheel, but like the ride of the non-sport suspension. Thinking of changing the springs only to the non-sport factory spring. Any thoughts???

Thanks.

bredi
02-28-2005, 11:42 AM
I thought of doing the same thing.

but part of the equation for the stiff ride is the low profile tires.

I thought of simply swapping out the tires and rims and keeping the suspension.

I wonder which would have more impact.

bredi

lilskel
06-26-2005, 03:28 PM
How much does the sport package lower the car?

IMR
06-26-2005, 07:27 PM
I thought of doing the same thing.

but part of the equation for the stiff ride is the low profile tires.

I thought of simply swapping out the tires and rims and keeping the suspension.

I wonder which would have more impact.

bredi

I'd bet money that the springs make over 80% of the difference. My advice - do the springs first and see what happens. But get ready for big bucks. BMW springs are expensive, and I doubt you'll easily find them on the used market yet.

x3drive
06-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Ride height is not reduced with Sport package. Says so in the Options List.

simonlondon
02-25-2006, 10:11 AM
I have the same problem with my 05 X3 3l Sport. Everything about the car is spot on apart from the ride, which, on London's roads, is very rough indeed. My brother in law has the non-sport x3, with the standard suspension set-up and 17" wheels and the difference is incredible... Much smoother and no more body roll etc

So, what to do? worth spending some money on the standard spings tp see if this sorts out the ride?

818Guy
03-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Don't forget if you're going to change the springs you should change the shocks/struts as well. I'm sure they are "matched" with the springs (standard vs. sport).