PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Brilliance Souveran for white?

dcrocker
02-28-2005, 06:44 PM
I know there are lots of threads on waxes and I searched through some of them
but couldn't find the answer to this question. Sorry if I missed it. :angel:

Would this be a good product to use on a white car? It seems to look awesome
on dark colors (Barney comes to mind ;) ) but is billed as a wax for dark
colors. If this isn't a good choice, is there a better one? Also, I am curious
why this product seems to be targeted at dark colors. Is it formulated specially
in some way or is it just the way it's marketed?

Thanks,
Dan

F1Crazy
03-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Unless wax has color specific fillers in it I don't think it matters what paint it goes on. Some waxes look better for some reason on certain colors and I think this is why they may be marketed like that.

White is a tough one, it's hard to make it look deep or reflective. My advise is stick with synthetic like Klasse or Zaino, they really look great on light colors.

dcrocker
03-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Unless wax has color specific fillers in it I don't think it matters what paint it goes on. Some waxes look better for some reason on certain colors and I think this is why they may be marketed like that.

White is a tough one, it's hard to make it look deep or reflective. My advise is stick with synthetic like Klasse or Zaino, they really look great on light colors.

Thanks for the response. I have Zaino and ashamed to admit that I only used it once
or twice on my old 540 which was white. I used it on the new 330 (also white) but
only had time for one coat of Z5 and Z6. I was considering trying klasse as I've read
lots of good things about it. It sounds like it's more work to apply so I'm not
sure I'd be up for that. I'm not as much of a detail fanatic as many on this forum
but I do want to protect the finish and have it look nice. Do you think I would
be frustrated with the effort required for klasse after I've used Zaino?

Test_Engineer
03-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Personally, I wouldn't spend that much time or money on a white car. Just use Klasse AIO and SG and be done with it. On a Dark color car, the more money and time you spend is usually rewarded, but with white it is hard to tell if you did anything at all.

F1Crazy
03-01-2005, 02:31 PM
If you have Zaino already I wouldn't spend money on Klasse. One product you may wanna consider though is some paint polish or cleaner, I love Einszett one but Klasse AIO is a good one step product and you can put Zaino on top of it.

I didn't like Z5 all that much, definitely try Z2 for more reflectivity.

And yes, you would hate Klasse SG after you tried Zaino.