PDA

View Full Version : Any Canadian Fans out there? IPOD Fans?

ceo2b
02-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Just picked up my X3 today in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Sapphire Black Metallic
X3 3.0i
Premium Package - Pan Sunroof, Premium Sound, Leather, AutoDim Mirror.

I absolutely love it. This is my 7th BMW in 10 years. I am a car nut.

My only disappointment is finding out the BMW IPOD adapter is not available with the premium package stereo.
The dealer has heard about the ICE-Link product but has not tried one.

540x3
02-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Sapphire Black Metallic
X3 3.0i

My only disappointment is finding out the BMW IPOD adapter is not available with the premium package stereo.

What color is the interior? What other options?

ICEBERG
03-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Congrats on the new car. Post some pics. when you have time. Also hope the ipod works out. The dealer should help you out.

tom@densionusa
03-01-2005, 11:04 AM

Plenty of people out there with X3s and the ice>Link Plus! :D

ceo2b
03-01-2005, 11:12 PM
What color is the interior? What other options?

I got the black leather interior. It came with the dark tiger maple wood trim. In Canada the 3.0i includes a lot of options as standard. Power seats, heated seats, Xenon, prem sound, privacy glass, and the step automatic.

bredi
03-03-2005, 12:01 AM
I got the black leather interior. It came with the dark tiger maple wood trim. In Canada the 3.0i includes a lot of options as standard. Power seats, heated seats, Xenon, prem sound, privacy glass, and the step automatic.

wait. seriously?
those options where standard? this is my biggest complaint about the X3.
it doesn't come with enough standard features.

maybe its because you have a better health care system? pro-active and for everyone!
better seats for the back, heated seats for better circulation, Xenon lights for the eyes, cleaner sound for the ears and less UV for the skin. Steptronic for...uh... stress?

to think, that all we need to keep heathcare costs down in the US, is for more standard options! I didn't realize it was so simple.

:dunno:

santiago
03-03-2005, 09:40 AM
wait. seriously?

maybe its because you have a better health care system? pro-active and for everyone!
better seats for the back, heated seats for better circulation, Xenon lights for the eyes, cleaner sound for the ears and less UV for the skin. Steptronic for...uh... stress?

to think, that all we need to keep heathcare costs down in the US, is for more standard options! I didn't realize it was so simple.

There are lot of standard features but I'm sure they're factored into the price. My 325 came with xenons. I didn't even know that the US had to pay for this option but like I said, it's likely factored into the price.

Base price of an X3 3.0 is $49,900 CAD. From BMWNA it's $36,300 CAD. Using today's exchange rate of 1.2443 (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=USDCAD=X) the same base US model comes out to $45,168 CAD. That's a difference of just over $4700 I don't know what's inluded as base in the Canadian model but it better be worth at least $4700 CAD over the US equivalent.

ceo2b
03-03-2005, 11:00 AM
There are lot of standard features but I'm sure they're factored into the price. My 325 came with xenons. I didn't even know that the US had to pay for this option but like I said, it's likely factored into the price.

Base price of an X3 3.0 is $49,900 CAD. From BMWNA it's $36,300 CAD. Using today's exchange rate of 1.2443 (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=USDCAD=X) the same base US model comes out to $45,168 CAD. That's a difference of just over $4700 I don't know what's inluded as base in the Canadian model but it better be worth at least $4700 CAD over the US equivalent.

About 2 years ago when the model was introduced your dollar (US) was much stonger and trading at close to 1.38 or so. So BMW was probably making tons of money in the US and squeaking by in Canada (more options are standard). But now with our strong dollar and your weak one, I think we are probably helping to support you guys, hahah. Just kidding.

Traditionally, Canadian BMW models are sold with more options in the base price and fewer optional packages to reduce the number of possible combinations due to our small marker. Whatever the issue, I am in love with my X3 and I am glad I spent a bit and got a few extras.

JG
03-05-2005, 05:48 AM
wait. seriously?

I just purchased an X3 3.0 after far too much research, and cost comparing.

What struck me however was - although a base 2.5 lists for $5300 less than a base 3.0. If the standard equipment on the 3.0 were available for the 2.5 - the 3.0 would only be $700 or so more than a similarly equiped 2.5. Essentially under a grand to get the 3 litre engine vs the 2.5. The base 2.5 in Canada is $44,600 and the 3.0 $49,900.

Here is a list of the standard items (as far as I can tell) on the 3.0 not available on the base 2.5. I don't think you can even get most of the estimated items on a 2.5 although some are available under the option packages.

I put down actual prices where available - and estimated the others (est). These are Canadian dollars. There were a couple of other items standard that I don't recall.

Privacy Glass $450
Electric Seats $1800
Xenon Headlights $1,000 (est)
Side Window Trim $50 (est)
Auto Air - Filter - recirculate $100 (est)
Front Seatbak Storage Nets $50 (est)
Parcel Rails $200 (est)
Reading Lights footwells $100 (est)
Reversable Luggage Liner $50 (est)
Storage Net Left Side Luggage $50 (est)
Storage Net Tunnel Console $50 (est)
Illuminated Vanity Mirrors $100 (est)
Alum, birch, maple trim $585

Total $4585

manuj
03-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Which dealer did you go to? I am in Vancouver and looking to buy a new X3 within next 2-3 weeks.

Did you get the MP3 working on yours? I thought the business CD CAN play mp3 out of the box on 2005 models.

Sapphire Black Metallic
X3 3.0i