PDA

View Full Version : Heated Seats

tonymey
03-02-2005, 11:46 AM
We've had the X3 for 2 weeks now and the temperture here has range from 10 to 30 F. So obviously the heated seats have been a very welcome addition, but my wife says (she drives the X3 90% of the time) the seats don't heat up enough. My 740i seats heat up to the point you have to turn them down after a while or your butt starts to sweat. But X3 only gets luke warm even on High. She wants me to take it to the dealer and have it checked out, I says luke warm is OK, but she thinks something is wrong. Has anyone notice any difference ? :dunno:

saccorator
03-02-2005, 12:57 PM
We've had the X3 for 2 weeks now and the temperture here has range from 10 to 30 F. So obviously the heated seats have been a very welcome addition, but my wife says (she drives the X3 90% of the time) the seats don't heat up enough. My 740i seats heat up to the point you have to turn them down after a while or your butt starts to sweat. But X3 only gets luke warm even on High. She wants me to take it to the dealer and have it checked out, I says luke warm is OK, but she thinks something is wrong. Has anyone notice any difference ? :dunno:

Take it in for a look. My wife and I are impressed with the heated seats and how quickly they heat. The temperature is pretty hot when on High. I also have a TSX and the heated seats on that car don't heat up as fast or as hot.

Woody
03-02-2005, 01:14 PM
I agree with your wife, tonymey. Our seats don't get that hot either, compared with our Mercedes C240 wagon.

Do you have leather or Sensatec upholstery? I have the Sensatec. I wonder if there is a
difference-do leather seats get hotter because the leather can contract & expand?

x3man
03-02-2005, 02:00 PM
We have leather heated seats and they seem to work just fine. However, it is our first car with heated seats. There is a setting that can be adjusted from 1-3 where 3 is the hottest but I assume you've already know that.

exthree
03-02-2005, 03:17 PM
I have heated seats with leather. Even in very cold weather the no. 3 setting is impossible to take after more than a minute or two. Usually I can go to the lowest setting, or even turn the heater off, and the leather holds a comfortable temperature for the reat of my ultimate drive.

echelon153
03-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Leather w/ heated seats as well. I find the heated seats really heats up well especially on the 3rd (HI) setting. I will only turn them on for a few minutes and turn them off as they heat up pretty quickly and toasty :yikes:

I would have it checked out, it wouldn't hurt.

FireFly
03-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Heated seats on the X3 don't get nearly as warm as the heated seats on my 330xi.

bredi
03-03-2005, 12:45 AM
i have never had heated seats before.

i like it.

i turn it on when my girlfriend is in the passenger seat.
she doesn't know about it.

:bigpimp:

tonymey
03-03-2005, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the replies, I won't make a special trip to the dealer now ( I hope Spring comes early) but I will mention it to them on the next service. As I said I don't mind the luke warm feeling but the boss lady said we paid too much money for luke warm,, she wants it hot ..

adc
03-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the replies, I won't make a special trip to the dealer now ( I hope Spring comes early) but I will mention it to them on the next service. As I said I don't mind the luke warm feeling but the boss lady said we paid too much money for luke warm,, she wants it hot ..

Well if you don't take it now, they may not be able to tell later on when it's warm outside... :dunno:

The heated seats in my ex-M3 and current ZHP are VERY hot... cannot use High setting for more than a couple of minutes at most.

I'd take it asap...

adc

ERdoc
03-16-2005, 09:59 PM
I just noticed today when driving my wife's X3 that even on the highest setting the leatherette seats didn't get particularly warm. I wouldn't be suprised if this is just a function of the seat material. Anyone out there with leatherette seats find that they get very hot when on the highest setting?

lewissalem
03-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Just picked up a x3 for my wife last weekend. Used the seats on the way to work today, and they didn't feel as warm as my 330i.

JonathanIT
03-17-2005, 11:06 AM
or your butt starts to sweat.
:rofl: :rofl:

I love the heated seats on my 330cic (Montana leather), but they get so hot I never use it past the first setting!

--J.

Tayrum
03-18-2005, 08:22 AM

I did not get the leather and the heated seats do not get as warm as I would like. I just got rid of my Saab 93 and the seats were leather and got quite warm so I am a bit disappointed in the X3 where the heated seats are concerned. Maybe the leather takes on the heat better since it is a natural material rather than synthetic.
Now the heated steering wheel is fantastic....

tonymey
03-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Mention my heated seat problem to the dealer and they did something (don't know what) and now they warm up nicely. The wife is happy and now so am I :thumbup: