PDA

View Full Version : Ready to change

gr8330
03-03-2005, 08:38 PM
I've been using Griots and the results are good but want to try Zaino. Do any of you use a buffer with Zaino. I dont mind not using a buffer but want the best results. I dont use a buffer with "Best Of Show" .....just to da&$ hard to wipe off.

PropellerHead
03-03-2005, 09:03 PM
I've been using Griots and the results are good but want to try Zaino. Do any of you use a buffer with Zaino. I dont mind not using a buffer but want the best results. I dont use a buffer with "Best Of Show" .....just to da&$ hard to wipe off.My first experience with Zaino was in the past few weeks. I found application VERY easy (especially after a few coats). Removal was also very easy and could be done by hand.

F1Crazy
03-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Leave buffer for paint preparation, there is not much to gain by using it with Zaino.
Prop, you wanna try PC next time? I wonder how thin we can apply Z2 with it...

PropellerHead
03-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Leave buffer for paint preparation, there is not much to gain by using it with Zaino.
Prop, you wanna try PC next time? I wonder how thin we can apply Z2 with it...Zaino says its a waste. Not that we dont have enough. :eeps:

Bimmer ese
03-06-2005, 10:29 PM
I love Zaino! Recently used it with the Porter Cable buffer. If you're conservative, the Zaino polish will go a long way. Once the pad gets soaked with the stuff, it will pretty much do the whole car (obviously adding a little bit here and there). Application and removal are extremely easy.

I've tried Griot's wax and polish products. I think they are great for older paint jobs that need some TLC, but was very dissatisfied with the results from my BMW. Since I have a dark car, it seems the swirl marks from drying the car appear quicker and are more visible with Griot's than with Zaino. In regards to protection, Zaino seems to last longer than Griot's.

Also, I think many products offered by Griot's garage are quite expensive, as well as shipping.