PDA

View Full Version : Complementary Neowerkes 1/4 Mile Drag Race Ticket for Jimmy540i

DC@neowerkes
07-04-2002, 01:30 AM
Jimmy,
I am a Director at Neowerkes. I have read your posts over the last few years and have a proposal for you. There is considerable interest in seeing your car at the track. Let's give the people what they want. You can also help us promote a positive message by showing people how to "Take racing off of the streets and onto the track." I would like to invite you to our 8/11 Neowerkes European Tuner Challenge at The California Speedway. I will provide a complementary 1/4 drag race ticket for you. Please respond to the post or email me.

Thanks,
Derek
www.neowerkes.com

Jon Shafer
07-05-2002, 02:53 PM
Hey Jimmy,

Derek is a straight-up guy...
The Neowerkes event will be a heckuva lotta fun...

I say go for it!!

:thumbup:

DC@neowerkes
07-05-2002, 11:16 PM
I appreciate your assistance in capturing the spirit of my offer. Jimmy's got an awesome ride and his participation would be a nice addition to the event. Entertainment for the people! A lot of fun for Jimmy too.

Heads up, I'll be calling my Bimmerfest buddy soon. I want to make sure you are coming out to the event. I know it's a bit of a drive but we need the Bimmerfest celeb to join us. I also have a friend that's interested in an new X5. You and Karzag did a great job on the last sale. If you keep this up, there's going to be a lot of happy friends driving BMWs

Derek

:thumbup:

Jimmy540i.com
07-05-2002, 11:33 PM
Hey Derek:

Thanks for the offer, sorry I didn't see your post til now (I followed Jon's new E39 New Flash here, great post Jon!)

I did a 1/4 mile ran at Fairplex in Pomona last year and I was very happy with the result, I don't mind do it again with you fine people. The thing is I will be visiting China this early Augest and I'm not sure if I can make it back on the 11th, but I'll see if things can be re-arranged.

Please e-mail me @ Jimmy540i@aol.com and we can work things out.
:)
Regards,
JIMMY
www.Jimmy540i.com

DC@neowerkes
07-05-2002, 11:47 PM
Hey Jimmy,
I'll go ahead and email you. Have a safe trip to China. I hope you make it back in time to join us at the Neowerkes event on 8/11.

Derek
www.Neowerkes.com

DanB
07-08-2002, 01:04 AM
I have a virtually identical car to Jimmy's less the 3.15 LSD, brembos, and a few other mods. If you pay for my cheap a$$, I'll run the 1/4 mile with my Dinan S/C 540i. (Hey, I might even have the M5 3.15 LSD I just bought popped in there by then) If you buy me lunch, you can do a few runs yourself in my car. ;-P

-DanB

P.S. I ran the 1/4 mile at carlsbad yesterday

www.e39garage.com

humanoid
07-08-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by DanB
If you buy me lunch, you can do a few runs yourself in my car. ;-P

-DanB

P.S. I ran the 1/4 mile at carlsbad yesterday

www.e39garage.com

Hell Dan, I'll buy you lunch:)

DC@neowerkes
07-09-2002, 01:35 AM
Dan,
Your offer has got me thinking.... I have the chance to drive it on the track for a lunch... wow :thumbup:

Dinan should probably pay you a commission. After driving your car, I'll have to get the S/C! BTW, Humanoid has got a nice setup, after driving your car, he'll get a Dinan S/C too. :D

DC

humanoid
07-09-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by DC@neowerkes
Dan,
Your offer has got me thinking.... I have the chance to drive it on the track for a lunch... wow :thumbup:

Dinan should probably pay you a commission. After driving your car, I'll have to get the S/C! BTW, Humanoid has got a nice setup, after driving your car, he'll get a Dinan S/C too. :D

DC
I made the mistake of Driving Dan B's car:) I'm ruined for life! OMG it just jumps at 20mph and puts you back in the seat. I cant wait till Dan puts in his 3.15 lsd his car will be in complete balance. It's a Z06 killing machine...

My SC goes in about April 2003 unless I trade her in for something else, however, I don't expect to have over 450 HP like Dan B's car and Jimmy's, but I would be happy with about 430HP:-)

Dan if you read this I need a fix man:bawling:

AKA_AC
07-25-2002, 07:30 PM
Humanoid, you lucky bastage! You got to drive Dan's car? Damn, how was it. Take me from the beginning...since we have an almost equal car.

humanoid
07-25-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by AKA_AC
Humanoid, you lucky bastage! You got to drive Dan's car? Damn, how was it. Take me from the beginning...since we have an almost equal car.

Dan said get in and drive. He went and asked the BMWCCA staff if it was ok. Talking about a nice guy Dan is awsome. Anywayz Dan says to take it down to the end of the parking lot at the Stadium. So I'm cruzin and getting very anxious. I get to the end and Dan says turn it around and get to about o 20mph and floor it. It was like wooooo "hello now" pushed back in the seat and grinning from ear to freekin ear. I'm ruined for life until I get my car SCed. It is a major rush and one I can't get out of my mind!

DC@neowerkes
08-01-2002, 11:57 PM
Jimmy,
I tried your email but did not get a response. Email me at derek@neowerkes.com. I'd like to get this complementary ticket to you.

Derek
www.neowerkes.com

Jimmy540i.com
08-02-2002, 01:15 AM
Derek:

Sorry I didn't receive your last e-mail. Can you please e-mail me:
Jimmy540i@aol.com

May I have your e-mail account please?

Regards,
JIMMY
www.Jimmy540i.com

DC@neowerkes
08-02-2002, 01:59 AM
I hope all is going well with you. I just emailed you at Jimmy540@aol.com. Let me know if the email failed to reach you.

Thanks,
Derek

www.neowerkes.com

Jimmy540i.com
08-02-2002, 02:27 AM
Derek:

My e-mail is Jimmy540i@aol.com

I think you are missing an "i" =)

Regards,
JIMMY

DC@neowerkes
08-02-2002, 03:07 AM
Hello Jimmy,
Our mail system has compatibility issues with AOL. I had the "i" in the email address but left it off of the post. Here's basically what I wrote in the email:

I hope all is going well with you. I would like to extend our offer to have you participate in our race event complements of Neowerkes. The last time we conversed you had a trip planned to China. Hopefully, your trip does not preclude you from participating.

Part of what we do is to create a memorable event. I am happy to report that the show is really coming along with quite a few attractions. Jimmy with your car in the 1/4 mile, we have one more opportunity to add interest to our event for the spectators. I also believe you will have a lot of fun too.

Let me know what we can do to welcome you to our inaugural event. If you do accept our offer, we can mail the ticket to you or have it placed at will call for pickup at the day of the event.

Derek

www.neowerkes.com

Jimmy540i.com
08-02-2002, 04:12 AM
Hi Derek:

Please see here:

http://www.jimmy540i.com/cgi-bin/cgiforum.pl?action=showentry&thesection=default&entry=9138

JIMMY

5_sport
08-06-2002, 01:41 PM
JIMMY,
I would love to see your car on the track this Sunday. Hope you can make it.

DAN,
No doubt. Your car is the B.O.M.B. I got to see it a few months ago when we had the e39 brunch meet in La Jolla/Cardiff. I saw you peeling out big time. Hope to see you this Sunday.

HUMANOID,
I'm sure you will get your baby SCed.

Later...