PDA

View Full Version : Interior trims and A/C

climrgrl
03-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Well, I'm ready to order an X3 and now the only question is: what color? I definitely like the mystic blue exterior, but I'm getting stuck on interior color and trim options. I'm thinking either gray leather or black leather interior.

I think the black leather inteiror looks really sharp with the dark wood trim, but I'm worried about how hot it may get in the summer. My boyfriend has a black leather interior in his VW R32, and it's stifling. It wouldn't be a big deal if the air conditioning cooled the car off quickly, but the A/C in that car is a DOG!! (No offense to dogs). So if you have the black leather interior, what is your experience with summer heat and the air conditioning?

I like the gray interior as well, and I think I might like the light wood trim the best, but I haven't actually been able to see one with that combo. Does anyone have pictures of their gray interior plus light wood?

Thanks! I'm very excited to be buying my first performance vehicle!

iChick
03-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Well, I'm ready to order an X3 and now the only question is: what color? I definitely like the mystic blue exterior, but I'm getting stuck on interior color and trim options. I'm thinking either gray leather or black leather interior.

I think the black leather inteiror looks really sharp with the dark wood trim, but I'm worried about how hot it may get in the summer. My boyfriend has a black leather interior in his VW R32, and it's stifling. It wouldn't be a big deal if the air conditioning cooled the car off quickly, but the A/C in that car is a DOG!! (No offense to dogs). So if you have the black leather interior, what is your experience with summer heat and the air conditioning?

I like the gray interior as well, and I think I might like the light wood trim the best, but I haven't actually been able to see one with that combo. Does anyone have pictures of their gray interior plus light wood?

Thanks! I'm very excited to be buying my first performance vehicle!I have the black leather/dark wood interior and it looks great, I think. (Exterior is Black Sapphire.) The A/C works pretty quickly, but then, I haven't owned this vehicle during a Summer yet, since I've only had it for about a month. It all depends on how much you park outside, I guess. I've owned several 3-series with the light gray leather interior and it's nice, but it shows dirt more and after a few years you can start to see wear marks in the leather. I think the black will hold up better in that regard. Good luck on whatever you decide - they all look pretty sharp.

exthree
03-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Take a look at the flamenco red with sand interior before you decide.

echelon153
03-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Silver Gray Exterior.
Terracotta Leather, Maple Sycamore Darkwood Trim

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/echelon153/DSCN3974.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/echelon153/DSCN3976.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/echelon153/DSCN3980.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/echelon153/DSCN3973.jpg

tonymey
03-07-2005, 03:02 AM
Sorry guy but that's ugly and the colors don't seem to match. But That's my opinion, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I tend to agree with extree, "Take a look at the flamenco red with sand interior before you decide."

echelon153
03-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Sorry guy but that's ugly and the colors don't seem to match. But That's my opinion, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I tend to agree with extree, "Take a look at the flamenco red with sand interior before you decide."

You don't have to say SORRY to call other people's choice UGLY! I could say the same on that hard to clean sand color interior but I won't. I just preffer MY beauty than yours :tsk:

tonymey
03-07-2005, 08:16 AM
:thumbup:

dkl
03-07-2005, 02:42 PM
I have had both the black and gray interior and personally don't feel that much of a heat difference in either color. The black does hides dirt better and it looks a bit more classy. But the lighter gray does make the cabin feel a bit more "airy". So...either one should be a great, yet conservative choice! :thumbup:

climrgrl
03-07-2005, 10:19 PM
So...either one should be a great, yet conservative choice! :thumbup:

Oh my lord....I don't believe I've just been called conservative! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!! :rofl: :cry:

I think I'll laugh.....because I just ordered my new X3!!! I'm so excited!!! This is my first cool car that I'm actually proud to own and show off. I haven't been able to stop smiling all night. Thanks for the feedback, and here's what I went for:

X3 3.0i
Manual transmission
Mystic Blue Metallic
Gray Leather Interior
Maple (dark wood) Interior (hey, I can always order the Matte Titanium later on if I don't like it)
Premium Package
Heated Front Seats

Now I'm beginning the long 8-week wait.... :D

torzeck
03-07-2005, 10:27 PM

Thanks! I'm very excited to be buying my first performance vehicle!

Check out the Bmw Canada site {bmw.ca}. Go to the Build Your X3 section.
They have a Quick time VR engine that will allow you to try out all your color combinations.
Its not perfect but better than any of the other BMW "Build Your Own" sites in my oppinion.
For what it is worth I think the Black interior looks the best as it makes the car interior look of one piece. Also, get the Privacy Glass and that will help keep the heat down. For the exterior try the Highland Green. It reads as dark green or dark grey depending on the lighting.
It is very rare, unlike my silver grey which everyone has! No matter what, good luck.

dkl
03-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Oh my lord....I don't believe I've just been called conservative! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!! :rofl: :cry:

I think I'll laugh.....because I just ordered my new X3!!! I'm so excited!!! This is my first cool car that I'm actually proud to own and show off. I haven't been able to stop smiling all night. Thanks for the feedback, and here's what I went for:

Ahhhhhh....Don't feel bad being called conservative :D We've all been there one time or another :rofl: To me, most all of the interior offerings seem a bit tame, other than that pumpkin orange looking color.

Excellent combo choice that you've made BTW. I don't think you'll be able to sleep much for the next 8 long weeks.

jdeday
03-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Hello everyone,

My X3 is Mystic Blue with the Beige Leather interior, I love this color combo. I can post pics if needed.

Jeff

iChick
03-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Now I'm beginning the long 8-week wait.... :D

CONGRATS! It is so worth the wait to get exactly what you want. I must have tracked my X3 several times a day after I got the VIN # from the dealer....

mysticbluex3
03-09-2005, 08:26 AM
I have mystic blue w/ grey leather and silver trim. I think the grey leather goes better with the mystic blue than black. Black makes the car too dark and gloomy when you sit in it. I was never a big fan of the wood trims. I think wood trims only looks good in really classy cars like the 7 series. The X3 was meant to look sporty. Go with the silver trim. Don't stress too much about the trim cause you can always buy and install the other color trims.