PDA

View Full Version : Another awesome Einszett product!

F1Crazy
03-06-2005, 09:45 PM
I don't understand why Einszett (1Z) products are not discussed more often here :dunno:

Anyway, Einszett makes some great products, I love their polishes, use Cockpit Premium weekly and found that their Lederpflege (leather cleaner and conditioner) makes leather softer than any conditioner I've ever tried.

Last two weekends I was working with Propellerhead on interiors in our cars and we've tried 1Z Plastik Reiniger (plastic cleaner) and came away very impressed. I couldn't believe how much dirt we were able to remove from the dash of his car that didn't seem dirty at all. This product worked wonders on door panels, removing dirt and scuffs. You know how your steering wheel gets dirty and no leather cleaner seems to do the job? Well, last week I used Plastik Reiniger on 2 steering wheels and got them looking like new!

I highly recommend all Einszett products and if you're looking for interior cleaner then definitely get both Plastik Reiniger and Cockpit Premium. I don't think Autopia store sells 1Z anymore but Detailers paradise does for sure.

Alex Baumann
03-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Agreed, their plastic cleaner is very good. I'm using it too. I also have their engine gloss for the plastic parts in the engine.

PropellerHead
03-09-2005, 07:55 PM
I also have their engine gloss for the plastic parts in the engine.They....have engine gloss? :fingers: :bawling:

Alex Baumann
03-10-2005, 03:40 AM
They....have engine gloss? :fingers: :bawling:

No part should remain untouched :D :p

BrettInLJ
03-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Is there a popular retail chain store that carries Einzett products? Like Autozone, PepBoys, Wal-Mart, etc... Anything that would be in the L.A. area.

F1Crazy
03-11-2005, 01:57 PM
AFAIK no retail chain carries 1Z products but try this place: Detailers Paradise (http://detailersparadise.com/_System/_AdvancedStore/ProductList.asp?PageTo=2&SortBy=&DeptID=176102003207572%2D1225212614010&CatID=796102003209582%2D1225212614019) They even have plastic cleaner on sale for $3.95!

You can of course find the list of retailers by going to 1Z US website: 1Z - USA (http://www.1z-usa.com/sys-tmpl/storefront/)

BrettInLJ
03-11-2005, 02:24 PM
I don't understand why Einszett (1Z) products are not discussed more often here :dunno:

Anyway, Einszett makes some great products, I love their polishes, use Cockpit Premium weekly and found that their Lederpflege (leather cleaner and conditioner) makes leather softer than any conditioner I've ever tried.

Have you used Lexol products? If so, do you recommend 1Z over Lexol's Leather conditioner and Vinyl cleaner?

F1Crazy
03-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Have you used Lexol products? If so, do you recommend 1Z over Lexol's Leather conditioner and Vinyl cleaner?
Yes, I've used lexol products for years, I still have them but never use them anymore. Lexol's leather cleaner is a decent product that I'd definitely use again. I didn't like their conditioner that much and the smell it left made me sick every time I used it. Vinylex is way too shiny to me and I'd never use it on BMW dash, it would ruin the matte effect and introduce glare that I hate, it's best left for tires.

1Z Lederpflege is a different animal since it's a cleaner and conditioner in one, sort of like OEM BMW product, but it works really well. If the seats are really dirty I'd use either leather cleaner (Lexol's fine) or dilluted Woolite first and then treat them with 1Z stuff.
For all vinyl and rubber surfaces I'd use 1Z Plastik Reiniger from now on and condition with either their Tiefenpfleger or 303 Aerospace protectant. Both products leave matte finish if buffed.

NH-SHICKS
03-14-2005, 07:02 AM
I've got a question about this 1Z plastic cleaner. Does it restore the dash to the original matte finish? I use a dilluted mix of woolite and water to clean the dash and platics in the car, then treat with 303, then buff. I usually get a good amount of grime off, but I still have a hint of sheen, not bad though.

I also have an issue with my seats, for a 2001, they are in great condition, but the fronts are getting the shiney vynle look, I guess because of wear, is there a way to restore a more matte finish? I use either Lexol cleaner or woolite to clean the leather before treating it with Zaino Z-10. The same goes for the arm rest, it is kind of glossy. Any suggestions on reducing the worn shine on seats?

Steve

JAWJr
03-16-2005, 09:11 AM
I have one additional question to add before I purchase some of their products. F1- does the plastic cleaner remove the scuffs that get on the lower part of the door trim from your shoes when you get out of the car? A simple damp towel won't remove them, and they're an eye sore. I'm hoping the scuffs you were referring to were these ones. Thanks

~Jon

PropellerHead
03-16-2005, 09:47 AM
I have one additional question to add before I purchase some of their products. F1- does the plastic cleaner remove the scuffs that get on the lower part of the door trim from your shoes when you get out of the car? A simple damp towel won't remove them, and they're an eye sore. I'm hoping the scuffs you were referring to were these ones. Thanks

~JonIt DOES! (With some elbow grease. You should have SEEN my wife's door. :mad: And then she goes and props the door open with her foot the NEXT day! :mad:

PropellerHead
03-16-2005, 09:48 AM
I've got a question about this 1Z plastic cleaner. Does it restore the dash to the original matte finish? I use a dilluted mix of woolite and water to clean the dash and platics in the car, then treat with 303, then buff. I usually get a good amount of grime off, but I still have a hint of sheen, not bad though.
SteveThe Cockpit Premium is better for a matte finish. Plastic cleaner is better suited as a more intensive cleaner than woolite/water.

JAWJr
03-16-2005, 10:48 AM
It DOES! (With some elbow grease. You should have SEEN my wife's door. :mad: And then she goes and props the door open with her foot the NEXT day! :mad:

She props the door open with WHAT?? :yikes: Oh man is that a no no.

Well I can't wait to try this stuff, seems like a miracle. Thanks for the response!

~Jon

F1Crazy
03-16-2005, 10:53 AM
She props the door open with WHAT?? :yikes: Oh man is that a no no.

Well I can't wait to try this stuff, seems like a miracle. Thanks for the response!

~Jon
Jon, as long as there is no damage to the plastic it'll work but if you scratched it it is beyond repair.

JAWJr
03-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Jon, as long as there is no damage to the plastic it'll work but if you scratched it it is beyond repair.

I figured as much. My door's not scratched, but the scuffs haven't come out with a normal wipe down or with soap. I just ordered the Einszett plastic cleaner and metal polish, as both are still on sale at Detailers Paradise. I'm hoping the metal polish will clean my exhaust pipes which have baked-on dirt after a ski trip. Thanks for your help.

~Jon

F1Crazy
03-16-2005, 11:26 AM
You may need a soft brush if towel doesn't work.

I haven't used Chrompflege myself but I've seen Prop use it on chrome exhaust tips and it worked like a charm! :thumbup:

JAWJr
03-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Just an update- both plastik reiniger and chrompflege work like a charm. Shoe scuffs are history (after some elbow grease) and road scum is no where to be seen on my exhaust tips. Thanks to Prop and F1 for the advice. :thumbup:

~Jon

icemanjs4
04-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Just an update- both plastik reiniger and chrompflege work like a charm. Shoe scuffs are history (after some elbow grease) and road scum is no where to be seen on my exhaust tips. Thanks to Prop and F1 for the advice. :thumbup:

~Jon

What are you guys using (to help with the elbow grease) to apply the plastik Reiniger? I just got a bottle and tried to use it to remove a scuff on the door. It definitely weaked the scuff, but it's still there a little. I used an MF towel and scrubbed - and reapplied the product several times. Anyone have any good advice please?

F1Crazy
04-27-2005, 06:35 AM
Try Mr Clean Magic Eraser.

icemanjs4
04-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Try Mr Clean Magic Eraser.

F1, do you think it matters if I use the Auto version or the home version? I have a home version lying around - would rather use that than have to buy a new one. And do you use the eraser with the plastic reineger?

F1Crazy
04-27-2005, 08:18 AM
F1, do you think it matters if I use the Auto version or the home version? I have a home version lying around - would rather use that than have to buy a new one. And do you use the eraser with the plastic reineger?
I really don't think they are different. Try water first.

Johnz3mc
04-27-2005, 07:59 PM
What are you guys using (to help with the elbow grease) to apply the plastik Reiniger? I just got a bottle and tried to use it to remove a scuff on the door. It definitely weaked the scuff, but it's still there a little. I used an MF towel and scrubbed - and reapplied the product several times. Anyone have any good advice please?
I use Amazing Roll-Off to remove those pesky scuff marks on the bottom of the door and any other problem blemish/stain that causes me grief. I spritz it on and let it sit for 10 seconds or so and the scuff marks come off quite easily.
-John C.