PDA

View Full Version : After Fest Dinner

Mug
03-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Hey Jon,

Have you thought about organizing a dinner after the event? Usually there's lots of confusion as to where we're going to dinner (followed by a long wait at the place we decide on going :cry: ) Maybe we can actually make a reservation somewhere this year :thumbup: . Or, if we get enough people, we can make it more of a banquet. Do you know of a restaurant in the area that could accomodate maybe 30-50 people? :yikes:

beewang
03-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Hey Jon,

Have you thought about organizing a dinner after the event? Usually there's lots of confusion as to where we're going to dinner (followed by a long wait at the place we decide on going :cry: ) Maybe we can actually make a reservation somewhere this year :thumbup: . Or, if we get enough people, we can make it more of a banquet. Do you know of a restaurant in the area that could accomodate maybe 30-50 people? :yikes:

I dunno about you guys... but I am having a drink at "Joe's" on State Street and eating at the "Palace" around the corner. :D

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:

LordGop
03-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Do you know of a restaurant in the area that could accomodate maybe 30-50 people? :yikes:

A while ago at a meet in pasadena 30-40 were going to eat and we just called the place and were like you busy? lol cause we'll book 30-40 right now :)

marvelphx
03-09-2005, 10:40 AM
I have been working with Jon on having a Bimmerfest Afterparty. My goal is to help make Bimmerfest a full day event instead of a lot of attendees traveling hundreds, if not thousands, of miles for 9am-1pm and then possibly the rally.

A couple ideas I have had are extending Bimmerfest's hours to 4pm and then a Sunset Rally. This gives everyone more time to relax and enjoy the show. Plus, imagine the cool background of the sun setting beyong the ocean from the mountains in your pictures.

Then, I was calling around SB looking for a location to have a few hundred of us gather as friends in a banquet hall or such. The "Bimmerfest Afterparty". With music, munchies, pay bar, etc... someplace to make it a full day and night of fun, prizes, and such. I was trying to find something where like $5 a person would cover expenses, but the only location large enough and staffed would have been $40+ a person... that effectively shot the idea down...

Does anyone live in/near Santa Barbara that wants to spearhead hunting down a location to have an Afterparty in with reasonable cost?

JAWJr
03-09-2005, 02:19 PM
I dunno about you guys... but I am having a drink at "Joe's" on State Street and eating at the "Palace" around the corner. :D

Sounds good! I'll be there

~Jon :thumbup:

Jon Shafer
03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey Jon,

Have you thought about organizing a dinner after the event? Usually there's lots of confusion as to where we're going to dinner (followed by a long wait at the place we decide on going) Maybe we can actually make a reservation somewhere this year. Or, if we get enough people, we can make it more of a banquet. Do you know of a restaurant in the area that could accomodate maybe 30-50 people?
I was actually thinking about the traditional Friday evening (before) dinner at the E-Bar, and then Crawfish-stuffed Filet Mignon, Bread Pudding, and Cajun Martinis at The Palace on Saturday evening (afterwards)...

:yumyum:

Mug
03-09-2005, 08:11 PM
I was actually thinking about the traditional Friday evening (before) dinner at the E-Bar, and then Crawfish-stuffed Filet Mignon, Bread Pudding, and Cajun Martinis at The Palace on Saturday evening (afterwards)...

OK Jon, since you're local, it's your job to reserve 40 spots at The Palace :eek:

BTW, congrats on finishing grad school today :thumbup:

Jon Shafer
03-09-2005, 08:22 PM
OK Jon, since you're local, it's your job to reserve 40 spots at The Palace :eek:

BTW, congrats on finishing grad school today :thumbup:
Thanks Mug!

:supdude:

marvelphx
03-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Do we have to address you as Dr. Shafer now????? :confused:

Keith
03-11-2005, 05:49 PM

Hey Jon, I will be calling there (EB) soon to speak to the manager about what we can do.
I'll keep you posted.
Also, do me a favor and PM me your email addy, I tried to email you a couple weeks back and it came back like it didn't work.

Talk to ya later,

JonathanIT
03-11-2005, 06:15 PM
A couple ideas I have had are extending Bimmerfest's hours to 4pm and then a Sunset Rally. This gives everyone more time to relax and enjoy the show. Plus, imagine the cool background of the sun setting beyong the ocean from the mountains in your pictures.
LOVE this idea!! I think a late afternoon rally start would be great; sunset doesn't come until later in May so it wouldn't be in the dark. Plus, the weather (heat) wouldn't be as intense as it turned out to be last year (for us cabrio drivers who bake in the sun).

Just my $.02

--J.

Jon Shafer
03-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey Jon, I will be calling there (EB) soon to speak to the manager about what we can do. I'll keep you posted. Also, do me a favor and PM me your email addy, I tried to email you a couple weeks back and it came back like it didn't work. Talk to ya later,
Jon@bimmerfest.com.

:)

BMWenthusiast
03-12-2005, 06:40 PM
I have been working with Jon on having a Bimmerfest Afterparty. My goal is to help make Bimmerfest a full day event instead of a lot of attendees traveling hundreds, if not thousands, of miles for 9am-1pm and then possibly the rally.

Then, I was calling around SB looking for a location to have a few hundred of us gather as friends in a banquet hall or such. The "Bimmerfest Afterparty". With music, munchies, pay bar, etc... someplace to make it a full day and night of fun, prizes, and such. I was trying to find something where like $5 a person would cover expenses, but the only location large enough and staffed would have been $40+ a person... that effectively shot the idea down...

Does anyone live in/near Santa Barbara that wants to spearhead hunting down a location to have an Afterparty in with reasonable cost?

i like the 4pm idea :D

BMWgrl75
04-06-2005, 04:47 PM

Any more info on dinner at the Palace? That place is relatively small and 40+ people would
take up a good chunk of their space. If it has been previously worked out and reservations are solid for a group I would love to join, but just in case I am making a reservation for dinner Saturday. The only reservations they do are for Fri and Sat @ 5:30pm :thumbdwn: . After that, it's on a first come basis and the line gets huge! But let me tell you, it is worth it!!!! :thumbup:

Another top knotch restaurant in the area is Chad's. Keep me updated, I'll be there.
Anyone else from the Seattle area going?

BMWenthusiast
04-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Any more info on dinner at the Palace? That place is relatively small and 40+ people would
take up a good chunk of their space. If it has been previously worked out and reservations are solid for a group I would love to join, but just in case I am making a reservation for dinner Saturday. The only reservations they do are for Fri and Sat @ 5:30pm :thumbdwn: . After that, it's on a first come basis and the line gets huge! But let me tell you, it is worth it!!!! :thumbup:

Another top knotch restaurant in the area is Chad's. Keep me updated, I'll be there.
Anyone else from the Seattle area going?

or...who has a house in the area and would let 1500+ people gather :D

scottn2retro
04-06-2005, 09:20 PM
i like the 4pm idea :D

With the staggering amount of raffle prizes being racked up by Shafe, I wouldn't be surprised if the road rally got a little later start than in years past. Maybe not as late as 4, but I'd be surprised if it got started at 1:30 - just my guess.

marvelphx
04-06-2005, 11:29 PM
I'd actually like to let the show run until 4, then start a Sunset Rally... make it a full day event to enjoy!