PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Bimmerfest Attendies.

Sumptuous
03-09-2005, 02:53 PM
So when Bimmerfest rolls around . . Well first off let me start by sayin I am in the Los angeles Area. . So when Bimmerfest rolls around . . does everyone from los angeles meet up and go together in a huge parade of BMWs? and if so how many? at what speeds do they all drive? Would it be obvious on the freeway that there is some sort of bmw madness going on to a daily freeway driver? Let me know what its like?

94is
03-09-2005, 03:56 PM
So when Bimmerfest rolls around . . Well first off let me start by sayin I am in the Los angeles Area. . So when Bimmerfest rolls around . . does everyone from los angeles meet up and go together in a huge parade of BMWs? and if so how many? at what speeds do they all drive? Would it be obvious on the freeway that there is some sort of bmw madness going on to a daily freeway driver? Let me know what its like?

There are caravans leaving from several Socal locations. The madness that ensues on the drive up is legendary. :angel:

A couple years ago my boyfriend brought a BearCar police scanner with him and the morning of bimmerfest we could hear the police on the radio freaking out over a 'pack of bmw's'. :eeps:

Matthew330Ci
03-09-2005, 06:31 PM
hopefully by now you've seen the so cal caravan thread.

i also wonder what the general speed of the group is like this being my first bf.

operknockity
03-09-2005, 07:41 PM
A couple years ago my boyfriend brought a BearCar police scanner with him and the morning of bimmerfest we could hear the police on the radio freaking out over a 'pack of bmw's'. :eeps: I forgot to dig out and bring my scanner last year. Maybe I'll remember this year.

car_for_mom
03-13-2005, 05:54 AM
hopefully by now you've seen the so cal caravan thread.

i also wonder what the general speed of the group is like this being my first bf.

Hmmm....Somewhere between Mach 1 and Warp 6 :eeps: :p

Bimmerfest 2003 was my first Bimmerfest (work prevented me from attending Bimmerfest 2004 :cry: ), and being used to driving a 1996 Camry (which is no more - see thread in the Off-Topic Section) and driving At A Normal Rate Of Speed did not prepare me for the grande vitesse of the caravan (which included a large complement of M3's

After a while, I elected to try and not keep up with the group and proceeded up to Santa Barbara at more usual highway speeds in my 325i....

Matthew330Ci
03-13-2005, 02:53 PM
snip

thanks for the feedback. do you mean like 80-85mph or 100+? i saw the thread about gta:ch, sorry to hear, instead of asking here, i'll check the other thread for updates.

car_for_mom
03-13-2005, 10:44 PM
thanks for the feedback. do you mean like 80-85mph or 100+? i saw the thread about gta:ch, sorry to hear, instead of asking here, i'll check the other thread for updates.

Yep, I'd say the average speed was about 100...especially the M3's :angel:

Matthew330Ci
03-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Yep, I'd say the average speed was about 100...especially the M3's :angel:

:eek: @ the caravan.

that's pretty retarded, like the caravan wouldn't stand out enough without speeding? when i was part of a honda (!) group drive, everyone was very well behaved, i was surprised.

LordGop
03-13-2005, 11:29 PM
:eek: @ the caravan.

that's pretty retarded, like the caravan wouldn't stand out enough without speeding? when i was part of a honda (!) group drive, everyone was very well behaved, i was surprised.

There were a few people who did.... :eeps: drive a bit fast :D , but I think the majority of us where in a very well behaved and drove freeway flow of traffic speeds..... :thumbup:

I don't want people to think you're going to have to drive fast to join the caravan, that is NOT the case you will be perfectly alright driving speed limit/ flow of traffic speeds to stay with the pack....

The caravan extends over a mile or so since we do get broken up a little by other traffic, but large groups of BMWs do form and there are plenty of people to drive with....

EDIT: THe caravan is for sure a caravan rather then a race/rally to bimmerfest, make no mistake :)

LordGop
03-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Is it just me or are other new or veteran attendees unusually excited about this year’s fest?:D

I guess that I have been to the past two I know what the deal is and all the stress that I had when attended my 1st and 2nd, about where to go and what goes on is pretty much gone...seems like I can really take it all in now. :D