PDA

View Full Version : Order To Delivery - Time Line

BarrowJon
03-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Placed an order with dealer for M3 on 2/22/05, within several days it showed up as "On Order" through order tracking. Still not scheduled for production.

What has been experience of others - time laspe from "on order," to "scheduled for production," to "awaiting transportation," to "en route," to "at prep center," and finally "at BMW center."

bren
03-10-2005, 07:16 PM
You need to find out what production week you have, that will tell you when it's due to start production. Dealer allocations can vary widely...you could have a production date sometime next week or next month.

I ordered in early Feb and took delivery in late May. 2-3 months is normal.

eluder
03-11-2005, 10:05 AM
I hope you don't mind me posting a similiar thought!

My car is currently "waiting for it's vessel". What's the time frame on this, and what's it usually take for a boat ride from it's port of exit to SC?

Cowboy Bebop
03-11-2005, 01:23 PM
90 days is not uncommon, and the wait at port can be from 1 day, to 2 weeks.
check the shipper's website and look for the next ship headed to your port and you will know the date it will be shipped.

Pinecone
03-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Tyr SEARCHING first. This has been covered SEVERAL times.

And bottom line, it all depends. Mine was 58 days from placing order to delivery. Others have taken months. The other threads wil explain what affects the timeline.

mark07960
03-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Placed an order with dealer for M3 on 2/22/05, within several days it showed up as "On Order" through order tracking. Still not scheduled for production.

What has been experience of others - time laspe from "on order," to "scheduled for production," to "awaiting transportation," to "en route," to "at prep center," and finally "at BMW center."

I place my M3 order on January 31, and it went into production Tuesday of this week, March 8. Looking at the Vehicle Inquiry Status Report, which I received from my dealer when I enquired about the vehicle's Production Number, the dealer had an M3 allocation placed on January 20, which became my car with a few adjustments to color and options. So, you might use either of these dates to figure when your car should be constructed.

In addition, the VISR included a week number for completion. Mine was week 11, which is next week. So figure that production will start sometime in the week prior to scheduled completion.

eluder
03-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Wow. I placed my order on Feb 16th and production was completed on March 5th. It's currently waiting on the dock. I assume it's waiting for the Takasago, looking at the schedule.

I've found the website to be a little more up-to-date than it was when I ordered my 330i 2 years ago. Calling BMW USA though and getting the info that way (the automated line) gives me even more up-to-date info though, and is more detailed.

BarrowJon
03-11-2005, 06:44 PM
You need to find out what production week you have, that will tell you when it's due to start production. Dealer allocations can vary widely...you could have a production date sometime next week or next month.

I ordered in early Feb and took delivery in late May. 2-3 months is normal.

How does one get their "production week?" Called the 800 number today and got same information that is posted "order received, not yet scheduled for production."

bren
03-11-2005, 06:48 PM
How does one get their "production week?"
Ask your salesman.

RaceTripper
03-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Woohoo...

Mine is now out of production and awaiting transport. So I guess I'm looking at about 4 weeks till delivery.

I'm on the edge of my seat...
:D

JohnnyDanger
03-21-2005, 02:40 PM
New member here. I ordered mine on 1/26 and right now its at the processing center waiting for a truck to bring it to my dealer. I ordered an 05 jet black coupe w/ SMG, black leather, premium, cold weather, nav, xenons, and hk sound. Its replacing my silver 99 E36 M3 convertible. I called the dealer thursday and they said it should only be a few days now. I'm in upstate ny and I'm assuming the processing center is the one in NJ since it was dropped off at the port in nyc. If I get it before the weekend I'll post pictures.

M3JB
04-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Another new member here. Placed an order on March 17th for the same exact car config as JohnnyDanger - a 2005 M3 Coupe, jet black with black leather, SMG, premium, cold weather, nav, xenons, and HK sound. It just went into production yesterday and should be done on the 13th of April. I'm guessing it should be here the 3rd or 4th week of May. Can't wait! :drive:

TD330ci
04-06-2005, 01:21 PM
New member here. I ordered mine on 1/26 and right now its at the processing center waiting for a truck to bring it to my dealer. I ordered an 05 jet black coupe w/ SMG, black leather, premium, cold weather, nav, xenons, and hk sound. Its replacing my silver 99 E36 M3 convertible. I called the dealer thursday and they said it should only be a few days now. I'm in upstate ny and I'm assuming the processing center is the one in NJ since it was dropped off at the port in nyc. If I get it before the weekend I'll post pictures.

I am scheduled for production the last week of April. Hopfully looking at an early june delivery.

Same situation as you JonnyDanger. I have a 99 M3 convertable as well, but she is staying. ;)

JohnnyDanger
04-07-2005, 11:20 AM
I am scheduled for production the last week of April. Hopfully looking at an early june delivery.

Same situation as you JonnyDanger. I have a 99 M3 convertable as well, but she is staying. ;)

I picked up my car on 3/29 and have been nothing but impressed since then. I'm about 700 miles into the break in and there is such a world of difference between the E46 and E36. A much more ferocious sound and such a better feeling of power. I haven't even really dipped into the full power of the thing yet and I can't wait too. I never really pushed my E36 all that much, I don't think I ever took it above 110mph but I can't wait to see what the new one can do.

Here are some pics of my new and old M3's

e36M3r
04-07-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm about 700 miles into the break in and there is such a world of difference between the E46 and E36. A much more ferocious sound and such a better feeling of power.

Yes, totally agree... I'm just back from Euro Delivery with 1992 miles. The sounds this car makes are fantastic. The e36 was like an electric motor, linear but no indication other than the butt dyno. The e46 screams. On those two lane Italian roads where you drop down a gear to pass... the sound is so alive, as is the car. A friend from London met me for this delivery as he did for my 97 ED with the e36 and even he noticed how much more raw this car feels, that from a week in 97, and only a couple of other times in the car since.

RChoudry
04-07-2005, 01:04 PM
hey gene,

welcome back! sounds like the trip was a blast.

we had fun too but going to Colorado a day after getting home was painful.

we're off to San Fran tomorrow and then Miami. that sould round out the traveling for a while.

I'm anxiously awaiting the car (damage-free). The boat should dock NYC on 4/9 and I figure another couple of days until I get the car. I'll be away when it arrives.

The Euro license plate holder is the standard size for a Euro plate but we got Tourist plates (520 mm vs 420 mm) which are smaller. I may have to get my hands on a Euro plate one of these days to go with the holder I bought. Oh well.

Did you do the 1200 mile service while you were over there?

e36M3r
04-07-2005, 01:11 PM
He Rashad,

That was fun meeting everyone over there and spending the day with you two and the Regensburg tour.

It was an excellent trip. I didn't do the service not wanting to part with the car for a day, and have some unknown dealer in Italy doing a test drive, so I kept it to 5500 rpm or less the entire trip. Though, as you probably remember, I didn't keep to the lower speed recommendation.

I got hit by some flying debris on the road from Italy to Munich on drop-off day! :mad: But the insurance is covering it, and the car is right now at the Munich factory getting a newly painted hood and new windshield.

So, I'm probably two months from seeing it again (west coast).

Good luck on the rest of the time away from home, and hope our cars arrive swiftly and safely.

hey gene,

welcome back! sounds like the trip was a blast.

we had fun too but going to Colorado a day after getting home was painful.

we're off to San Fran tomorrow and then Miami. that sould round out the traveling for a while.

I'm anxiously awaiting the car (damage-free). The boat should dock NYC on 4/9 and I figure another couple of days until I get the car. I'll be away when it arrives.

The Euro license plate holder is the standard size for a Euro plate but we got Tourist plates (520 mm vs 420 mm) which are smaller. I may have to get my hands on a Euro plate one of these days to go with the holder I bought. Oh well.

Did you do the 1200 mile service while you were over there?

TD330ci
04-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I got hit by some flying debris on the road from Italy to Munich on drop-off day! :mad: But the insurance is covering it, and the car is right now at the Munich factory getting a newly painted hood and new windshield.

:yikes:

So sorry to hear. I hope she comes out perfect!! :thumbup:

I sure the driving experiance was awesome. :D

TD330ci
04-07-2005, 01:24 PM

Hey JonnyDanger,

What a beautiful cab!! :thumbup:

Was is a 5spd and any regrets letting it go?

Congrats on the new M as well. ;)

JohnnyDanger
04-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Hey JonnyDanger,

What a beautiful cab!! :thumbup:

Was is a 5spd and any regrets letting it go?

Congrats on the new M as well. ;)

Thanks a lot!
The E36 was an auto (unfortunately). I don't really have any regrets on letting it go. I'm in upstate ny so the winter here can last from mid october till early april sometimes. I left the hardtop on for about half the year. It even snowed a few years ago on my graduation day from college in mid may. A few months after I got it I developed seasonal allergies so on a nice spring day with the top down my eyes would suddenly water and want to shut on the way into work... so I'd only get to put the top down for about 1 or 2 months out of the year. I loved it when I could put the top down and enjoy it but I found it attracted a lot of unwanted attention after a while. I drive by a community college at least twice a day on the way to and from work and its filled with guys who think wearing a crooked baseball cap and a scowl makes their neon into a ferrari. I've actually had a wendy's cup half full of sprite thrown at me with the top down before. I'm hoping to avoid any of that kind of nonsense with the E46.

e36M3r
04-07-2005, 02:29 PM
:yikes:
So sorry to hear. I hope she comes out perfect!! :thumbup:
I sure the driving experiance was awesome. :D

Yes, thanks very much. I'm just past the bummed stage, and when I talked to the fellow actually at the BMW plant, knowing they would make it as new, I felt better.

I'll say one thing about a real road trip on Euro Delivery... (2K miles) the car becomes 'yours' much sooner than if you had it here first and were babying it for a long time. I had four people in the car (Rashad) the day I picked it up, and for the next week four (others) of us were schlepping a completely full trunk load of luggage in and out of her. While it rained like crazy, there was snow on the ground, and the car was very dirty for much of the time!

Well, it's just a car after all... but it will still be essentially perfect when I get it back.

Moderato
04-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Why didn't I get an E46 M3 instead of the 04 330? :tsk: Oh well, I can look foward to the E90 M3. Damn the depreciation. :mad:

M3JB
04-08-2005, 08:51 AM
I picked up my car on 3/29 and have been nothing but impressed since then. I'm about 700 miles into the break in and there is such a world of difference between the E46 and E36. A much more ferocious sound and such a better feeling of power. I haven't even really dipped into the full power of the thing yet and I can't wait too. I never really pushed my E36 all that much, I don't think I ever took it above 110mph but I can't wait to see what the new one can do.

Congrats on the new car! She is beautiful.

Thanks for the pictures. My car is the same exact config, so now I know what it will look like :) I was torn between the carbon black and jet black, but in the end decided to go with the jet black. Glad to see how nice it looks!

Good luck with the car, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

JohnnyDanger
04-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Congrats on the new car! She is beautiful.

Thanks for the pictures. My car is the same exact config, so now I know what it will look like :) I was torn between the carbon black and jet black, but in the end decided to go with the jet black. Glad to see how nice it looks!

Good luck with the car, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Thanks!
I too was torn between jet black and carbon black. I hadn't seen carbon black in person but in the pics I had seen it looked too blue for my tastes. I was concerned about whether or not the jet black would look too flat but now I'm happy I went with it after seeing how shiny it is in person.

JohnnyDanger
04-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Just to give an idea of how shiny the jet black can look. It was a beautiful day so I headed up to the Saratoga auto museum and took these pics in the parking lot. :)

M3JB
04-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Just to give an idea of how shiny the jet black can look. It was a beautiful day so I headed up to the Saratoga auto museum and took these pics in the parking lot. :)

Thanks for the pics! Jet black does look good. I thought the same thing as you - that carbon black looked way too blue and that jet black might be a little bit dull, but I'm glad to see I was wrong. It looks great.

By the way, what do you think of SMG? Any tips?

JohnnyDanger
04-12-2005, 09:17 AM
By the way, what do you think of SMG? Any tips?

I really like SMG so far but I'm probably not the best person to ask on that question. My first 2 cars were automatics. I've hardly had any experience driving stick other than my old roommate's Geo tracker from time to time in college, so it would be tough for me to compare the two. The only stick driving I've done on any real performance cars has been on test drives in moderate to heavy traffic so I couldn't really open them up. A week after I learned how to drive stick I took out an M roadster and a Boxster S, then I tried an S4 about a year ago. Basically my manual skills aren't great yet and I use it for a daily driver so I went with SMG.

I've mostly kept it in S4 since I'm still breaking it in, but try to vary the programs once a day here and there. I haven't used any of the auto modes yet. My break in period should be up next week so I'm looking forward to being able to use S5 and S6. The revs can get up there pretty fast in sport mode so I've had the tach go up to 6000 a handful of times but not much farther past that. I tend to use the paddle to downshift and the toggle to upshift, it just suits my driving position better.

Downshifting to a stop at low speeds was awkward at first with the car bucking a bit when I'd shift down to first coming to a stop. Now I shift down to second and roll to a stop only shifting down to 1st at the last second although its kind of unnecessary since the car will do it for you once you fully stop. Other than that I haven't had any issues with it.

M3JB
04-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the tips! :thumbup:

My car is done production now and waiting to be released to shipping. Another month and it should be here. Can't wait!

RaceTripper
04-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the tips! :thumbup:

My car is done production now and waiting to be released to shipping. Another month and it should be here. Can't wait!
Mine is now leaving the VPC. Last stop in the epic journey coming up....

:)

BarrowJon
04-16-2005, 07:34 AM
Well latest update is that my order is now "in production, with a completion date of 4/22," this is exactly two full months since I placed order with dealer on 2/22. Dealer has indicated that order is a "priority" and should get pushed through remaining process gates.

RaceTripper
04-16-2005, 08:14 AM
Well latest update is that my order is now "in production, with a completion date of 4/22," this is exactly two full months since I placed order with dealer on 2/22. Dealer has indicated that order is a "priority" and should get pushed through remaining process gates.
Wow, that's a long time. Mine was ordered 2/28 and it's on the way to the dealer from VPC. But my dealer had an allocation when I sat down to put the order together.

niktee
04-16-2005, 08:26 AM

I was really fortunate this time. I ordered my 530i on 11/27/04. It was produced on 12/7/04, and was shipped, went thru port at Charleston, S.C. on 12/29, and arrived at dealer on 12/31/04. I picked it up 1/04/05. All told, just under 6 weeks. I was pleased! However, your ///M3 prob. will take a bit longer....but the wait will be worth it! It also has a lot to do with what allocation the dealer has in system. It does seem like you have waited an inordinately long time for the car to come to production, however. I'd start asking some pointed questions.

Pinecone
04-16-2005, 11:15 AM

Entirely possbile that this is normal.

Allocations come out for the next motnhs production, but they actually come out late the month before that. So if you got an allocation that came out in late Feb, it would be for a car built SOME time in April. So late April is well within what would be expected.

Of coursee, some dealers have accepted orders without actually having an alloaction in hand, and this can push the order to production even further.

M3JB
04-17-2005, 04:26 PM

I placed my order with the dealer on March 17th. Every time I called for a status in the beginning it just said "order is in system with no confirmed production date" then on April 5th it said "in production with an estimated completion date of April 13th". On the 13th it was waiting to be released to shipping, and as of yesterday (the 16th) it is with the carrier on its way to port of exit. So I'm guessing it will be on the boat in the next week or so.

My next step is to figure out what boat it's on and then track that. People laugh at me when they hear I check and track this car every step of the way. Glad to know I'm not alone and you guys do the same :)

BarrowJon
04-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Certainly very encouraging, after waiting so long for order to finally be scheduled, it will be great to see things move at a faster pace. I will also look forward to tracking progress, once loaded onto a ship. Mean while must wait until targeted production completion for the 22nd.

BarrowJon
04-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Status update received today, 4/21/05, on my order is "in body shop with a 4/22/05 completion date." Anyone know what's meant by "in body shop."

RaceTripper
04-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Status update received today, 4/21/05, on my order is "in body shop with a 4/22/05 completion date." Anyone know what's meant by "in body shop."
It was crashed in testing and that have to fix it up before sending it to you. :rofl:

M3JB
04-22-2005, 09:20 AM

I don't remember my car ever having that status, but the day before my scheduled completion date it was in the paint shop. Maybe before it goes to the paint shop it's in the body shop :dunno: The good news is it is just about done. It will probably be on it's way up to the port next week.

My car status is at the port waiting a shipping vessel. No information on the shipping vessel yet, but I hope it gets loaded on one soon. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Pinecone
04-22-2005, 02:47 PM
In body shop means they are building/painting the body.

BarrowJon
04-22-2005, 06:49 PM
We're really moving now - status yesterday "body shop" today's status "enroute to port" WOW

M3JB
04-23-2005, 02:38 PM
We're really moving now - status yesterday "body shop" today's status "enroute to port" WOW

Yeah, I was amazed at how fast it goes through those steps as well. Your car should be at the port on Monday or Tuesday if it follows the same schedule as mine. I just called up and found out my car is in transit, so it must have been loaded on a ship yesterday or today. Looks like we'll be getting our cars around the same time.

M3JB
04-25-2005, 09:04 AM
I just found out my car is on a shipping vessel making its way to the port in NY. It should arrive on May 2nd.

BarrowJohn - Just to give you an idea, my car was finished production on the 13th of April and was loaded on a US bound ship April 21st. So if your car follows the same track, it should make it for the boat leaving on the 28th or 30th of April. It won't be too much longer.

plien69
04-25-2005, 01:15 PM
M3JB,

Looks like you and I are on the same boat, the Madame Butterfly. I'm taking PCD but it won't be until May 26. Waiting's a b*tch... :)

M3JB
04-26-2005, 09:01 AM
M3JB,

Looks like you and I are on the same boat, the Madame Butterfly. I'm taking PCD but it won't be until May 26. Waiting's a b*tch... :)

Yep, you're right, we're both on the same boat. :thumbup:
I was so glad to see they got my car on the shorter voyage. The boat that left a couple days later takes 17 days to get here instead of 11.

Ouch, the 26th is a long wait. PCD ought to be cool though. When you get it, I'd like to hear how it went. I was thinking about PCD myself, but in the end just decided to get the car as quick as I could. I'm hoping mine will be at the dealer the week of the 9th or 16th. Too bad there isn't a GPS on the boat, that way I could track its voyage across the atlantic. haha

Pinecone
04-26-2005, 04:49 PM
You can track it at the Wallenius lines page.

Blax
04-27-2005, 11:12 AM
I have an e90 on the same boat. M. Butterfly. It's almost half way across the atlantic today from Southhampton to NY.

Shipping tracker (http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/vesselSchedule.do)

M3JB
04-28-2005, 05:16 PM
I have an e90 on the same boat. M. Butterfly. It's almost half way across the atlantic today from Southhampton to NY.

Congrats, Blax! At first I didn't like the E90 styling, but it's growing on me and now I kinda like it. You'll definitely be one of the first E90 owners out there. Enjoy the new car!

Our boat should be here Monday, so we'll both be driving new cars real soon. :D

BarrowJon
04-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Today's update has my car at port waiting for a vessel.

M3JB
04-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Today's update has my car at port waiting for a vessel.

It's still possible your car got on the boat that left yesterday, the Trianon. It took a couple days before the system was updated for me. If you didn't get on that boat, then you'll probably get on the one that leaves next (which is Monday, May 2nd).

By the way, anyone else with cars on the Madame Butterfly have an Estimated Delivery Date posted on the Owner's Circle (located under Order Information)? Mine says May 4th, but the boat isn't scheduled to dock until May 2nd. Can that be right? My dealer is in NJ, so once it's released it won't take long to get to the dealer, but two days seems a little fast. I hope it is right because that is about two weeks earlier than I originally planned.

RChoudry
04-29-2005, 02:32 PM
are you at Turnersville M3JB?

plien69
04-29-2005, 02:59 PM
By the way, anyone else with cars on the Madame Butterfly have an Estimated Delivery Date posted on the Owner's Circle (located under Order Information)? Mine says May 4th, but the boat isn't scheduled to dock until May 2nd. Can that be right?

I'm on that boat. It's scheduled to dock in Charleston on May 7th, and my estimated delivery date is May 10th. Doesn't much matter for me because my PCD date is not until May 26th.

BarrowJon
04-30-2005, 06:40 AM
Appears that I'm still sitting at the port, my VIN isn't found in the cargo tracking search, unless ther is a delay in captuing this info.

M3JB
05-01-2005, 10:42 AM
are you at Turnersville M3JB?

RChoudry,

No, I'm at Flemmington. By the way, I see you're in the Philly area, too. Where do you get your cars serviced? Is there a dealer around Philly that works well with OCD M3 owners? :D

RChoudry
05-01-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm close to Mainline and they're okay with problems. Otto's has the best techs and I've had good success with them also.

Look me up sometime when you get your car. I'm in the suburbs!!

BarrowJon
05-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Well I must be on a vessel, assume it to be the Maersk Teal as my car is scheduled to arrive at processing center on 5/16. Can't get it to show up on cargo tracking at the WW site. Maybe I'm not doing something right here or it takes seversl days for WW to be updated. At any rate, it won't be long now. Order placed 2/22, should have by 5/22, a full three months.

M3JB
05-06-2005, 07:52 AM
Well I must be on a vessel, assume it to be the Maersk Teal as my car is scheduled to arrive at processing center on 5/16. Can't get it to show up on cargo tracking at the WW site. Maybe I'm not doing something right here or it takes seversl days for WW to be updated. At any rate, it won't be long now. Order placed 2/22, should have by 5/22, a full three months.

My car is at the dealer! Received the call yesterday. I'll be taking delivery tomorrow, May 7th. I placed the order on March 17th, so it took a little over 7 weeks. Not too bad at all.

My car showed up on the WW site about three or four days after the ship was scheduled to sail. So it may be normal for it not to show up right away for you. Your dealer can also tell you exactly which ship your car is on. 5/22 isn't too bad.. only a couple more weeks.

M3JB
05-06-2005, 07:59 AM
I'm close to Mainline and they're okay with problems. Otto's has the best techs and I've had good success with them also.

Look me up sometime when you get your car. I'm in the suburbs!!

Thanks for the info! I've used Thompson in the past, but I'd like to find a dealer a little closer to the city, so I'll check those guys out. Thanks again.

BarrowJon
05-07-2005, 06:56 AM
My car is at the dealer! Received the call yesterday. I'll be taking delivery tomorrow, May 7th. I placed the order on March 17th, so it took a little over 7 weeks. Not too bad at all.

My car showed up on the WW site about three or four days after the ship was scheduled to sail. So it may be normal for it not to show up right away for you. Your dealer can also tell you exactly which ship your car is on. 5/22 isn't too bad.. only a couple more weeks.

Enjoy your day, which I know you will, hope to be doing same in a couple weeks. Still no show on WW, but am stopping by dealership today, so will gather info then. Thanks & Have Fun Today

M3JB
05-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Enjoy your day, which I know you will, hope to be doing same in a couple weeks. Still no show on WW, but am stopping by dealership today, so will gather info then. Thanks & Have Fun Today

Thanks! I sure did enjoy the day. I arrived at the dealer and it was sitting out front with a nice big SOLD sign on it. I've heard everyone talk about how great the M3 is, but you never truly appreciate how great it is until you drive it. It is extremely quick and wow, it is soooo easy to go fast in this car. I have no doubt you'll feel the same when you pick up your car. I know the wait can be torturous, but it is well worth it as everyone has said.

Was the dealer able to confirm the ship your car is on?

BarrowJon
05-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks! I sure did enjoy the day. I arrived at the dealer and it was sitting out front with a nice big SOLD sign on it. I've heard everyone talk about how great the M3 is, but you never truly appreciate how great it is until you drive it. It is extremely quick and wow, it is soooo easy to go fast in this car. I have no doubt you'll feel the same when you pick up your car. I know the wait can be torturous, but it is well worth it as everyone has said.

Am sure it was quite a rush just seeing the car for first time, let alone getting behind the wheel to drive off, now it's yours to enjoy. You probably didn't sleep last night, anxiously awaiting more of the same today.

When dealer tried checking yesterday, the server was down, so will check for confirmation tomorrow. Keep having fun, enjoy every moment.

BarrowJon
05-09-2005, 07:27 PM

Well I finally found my car, it was shipped on 4/29 through K-Line on the Baltic Highway going to Port Charleston, a 17 day journey. Is due to port on 5/16 with an estimated arrival at Processing Center on 5/19. So looks like it might hit dealer somewhere around 5/25+. Checking the K-Line site, they have no provision for tracking autos, just containers. Am sure that each day is filled with excitment, as you drive off in your new set of wheels.

M3JB
05-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Well I finally found my car, it was shipped on 4/29 through K-Line on the Baltic Highway going to Port Charleston, a 17 day journey. Is due to port on 5/16 with an estimated arrival at Processing Center on 5/19. So looks like it might hit dealer somewhere around 5/25+. Checking the K-Line site, they have no provision for tracking autos, just containers. Am sure that each day is filled with excitment, as you drive off in your new set of wheels.

I had a feeling it might have been shipped on K-Line when you couldn't find it on the WW site. I've heard the tracking is not as good on the K-Line site, but it looks like you won't need to track it much longer. Hopefully it gets to the dealer a little sooner. My car arrived in port on the 3rd and was at the dealer on the 4th or 5th. My dealer is located close to the port though.

The car is running great. I'm enjoying every minute of it and I love the SMG. From all that I read I thought it would take a little while to learn, but I honestly had no trouble with it at all. It's a fantastic technology and I'm looking forward to really testing it out once the break-in procedure is complete.

Good luck with your car, it won't be much longer now! Hopefully you will get lucky and take delivery next weekend.

BarrowJon
05-15-2005, 07:48 AM
I had a feeling it might have been shipped on K-Line when you couldn't find it on the WW site. I've heard the tracking is not as good on the K-Line site, but it looks like you won't need to track it much longer. Hopefully it gets to the dealer a little sooner. My car arrived in port on the 3rd and was at the dealer on the 4th or 5th. My dealer is located close to the port though.

The car is running great. I'm enjoying every minute of it and I love the SMG. From all that I read I thought it would take a little while to learn, but I honestly had no trouble with it at all. It's a fantastic technology and I'm looking forward to really testing it out once the break-in procedure is complete.

Good luck with your car, it won't be much longer now! Hopefully you will get lucky and take delivery next weekend.

Yea, tracking via K-Line doesn't seem possible. Even fired off an email to them, to obtain verfication and voyage status, never received a response.

Good to hear you're enjoying the new car and glad to learn that SMG doesn't take much operator break-in, as I've build some of the same concern.

Hope you're right about next weekend, but believe that to be a bit of stretch. Keep having fun with that new car of yours, you'll be beyond "break-in" before you know it.

Indy330Ci
05-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Well I finally found my car, it was shipped on 4/29 through K-Line on the Baltic Highway going to Port Charleston, a 17 day journey. Is due to port on 5/16 with an estimated arrival at Processing Center on 5/19.

How were you able to find this information? My vehicle was supposedly shipped on the 11th, and since it's not on Wallenius' tracker yet, I'm assuming it's on a different line.

BarrowJon
05-17-2005, 07:59 PM
How were you able to find this information? My vehicle was supposedly shipped on the 11th, and since it's not on Wallenius' tracker yet, I'm assuming it's on a different line.

Upon learning that my car was shipped, I started checking the WW site. After several days of getting VIN not found, I contacted dealer to get shipping status from their vehicle inquiry process. This is how I picked up the K-Line information, unfortunately tracking through K-Line web site only provides for container tracking and not vehicle tracking.

Interesting thing happen this evening when I checked status through 1-800, as ship was due into Port Charleston yesterday, was told that my car was still at Bremerhaven Port awaiting vessel assignment. If this is case, my priority "1" customer order has been sitting at port past three weeks. Needless to say have fired off a priority email to BMW and email to my dealer, I will not be a happy BMW customer if in fact this car is still at Bremerhaven.

Indy330Ci
05-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Upon learning that my car was shipped, I started checking the WW site. After several days of getting VIN not found, I contacted dealer to get shipping status from their vehicle inquiry process. This is how I picked up the K-Line information, unfortunately tracking through K-Line web site only provides for container tracking and not vehicle tracking.

Interesting thing happen this evening when I checked status through 1-800, as ship was due into Port Charleston yesterday, was told that my car was still at Bremerhaven Port awaiting vessel assignment. If this is case, my priority "1" customer order has been sitting at port past three weeks. Needless to say have fired off a priority email to BMW and email to my dealer, I will not be a happy BMW customer if in fact this car is still at Bremerhaven.

The sheer amount of disinformation one gets from BMW during the production/shipping process is mind-numbing. I could call the 800 number three times in three minutes, and get completely different information from each call. It's so bad at times that I wonder if the representatives are even looking at the same screens as one another. If your situation turns out to be true, I feel for you. It's one thing to be held up at port for a few weeks; quite another thing to be told such after the vehicle is supposedly already at a US port.

M3JB
05-18-2005, 08:05 AM

Did it say your vessel was at the port awaiting a shipping vessel? I would still check with the dealer, but don't get too concerned. After my car was delivered to the port in NY, the status message said the same thing: at port awaiting shipping vessel. I never did receive a status message informing me it was at the VPC, but that could be because it was sent to my dealer so quickly. I hope this is the same case with your car and it is now at a US port.

Indy330Ci
05-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Did it say your vessel was at the port awaiting a shipping vessel? I would still check with the dealer, but don't get too concerned. After my car was delivered to the port in NY, the status message said the same thing: at port awaiting shipping vessel. I never did receive a status message informing me it was at the VPC, but that could be because it was sent to my dealer so quickly. I hope this is the same case with your car and it is now at a US port.

Mine actually showed up for the first time this morning on Wallenius' tracker as being on the TAKASAGO, which sailed over a week ago. And I agree on the notification changes--quite a few times in the past I've heard of vehicles regressing in status according to the automated system--BarrowJon, I wouldn't let that get you too bothered until it's verified.

TeeKay
05-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Don't live or die by the 1-800 number or Owner's Circle status page.

A day after I already picked up my car, I decided to check these sources for fun. The OC webpage still indicated that my car was at the VPC. Worse yet, the 1-800 number still said that my car was still at the port awaiting shipment. :confused:

FYI, the car was shipped to the west coast via a non-WW line in about 25 days or so. Arrived in Long Beach on 5/6. I picked it up from dealership in Bay Area on morning of 5/10.

Happy waiting. :bigpimp:

BarrowJon
05-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Don't live or die by the 1-800 number or Owner's Circle status page.

A day after I already picked up my car, I decided to check these sources for fun. The OC webpage still indicated that my car was at the VPC. Worse yet, the 1-800 number still said that my car was still at the port awaiting shipment. :confused:

FYI, the car was shipped to the west coast via a non-WW line in about 25 days or so. Arrived in Long Beach on 5/6. I picked it up from dealership in Bay Area on morning of 5/10.

Happy waiting. :bigpimp:

I did get response back from BMW indicating dealer would be contacting me to provide status update and dealer did call me today to inform me that car would be arriving at dealership this Saturday and they would have ready for delivery on Monday.

Owner's Circle still shows as "en route" and 1-800 still claims that my car has regressed to"at port awaiting vessel assignment - with no shipping information available." So one might ask, of what value are these order delivery/tracking services.

Indy330Ci
05-18-2005, 04:58 PM
So one might ask, of what value are these order delivery/tracking services.

Very little.

Congrats on the car!

:thumbup:

RaceTripper
05-18-2005, 06:20 PM
...So one might ask, of what value are these order delivery/tracking services.
Little value. Dealer always has best and most up to date info. When I was waiting for my M3, my dealer would bring up the latest tracking info and estimates anytime I asked.

BarrowJon
05-19-2005, 06:16 PM
Little value. Dealer always has best and most up to date info. When I was waiting for my M3, my dealer would bring up the latest tracking info and estimates anytime I asked.

Another lesson learned, next time will rely on dealer for updates. Now one would think same source for updating dealer could be used for OC and 1-800, guess that would be to easy. For what it is worth, think I will fire off note to BMW.

BarrowJon
05-21-2005, 07:07 AM
Car is due to arrive at dealership today, should be ready for delivery late Monday or Tuesday.

Quick summary: order placed 2/22, completed production 4/22, loaded on ship 4/29, arrived Port Charleston 5/16, at dealership 5/21, s/b delivered 5/23 or 5/24

Did send message to BMW asking what prevents them from using same information/data source that feeds the Dealer's "Vehicle Inquiry" process to update order tracking via Owner's Circle and 1-800 number. Will be interesting to see their response.

BarrowJon
05-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Here's note sent to BMW:

My latest order is due to arrive at dealership today, 5/21/2005.
Have used the 1-800 number, as well as this site, to track order status
for this vehicle and my previous car with same results. Owner's Circle
updates are not current, while the 1-800 number seems to be somewhat more
timely, it tends to be regressive at times in status reporting. Seems that
the information supplied to Dealer's through the "Vehicle Inquiry" is much
more timely, complete, accurate, and more detailed. Have discussed this
with many other clients, and all have experienced same findings. My
question is why can't the same information/data source used to update the
Dealer's "Vehicle Inquiry" be used to update "Owner's Circle" and the
1-800 number?

And here's the response:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding the Owners' Circle vehicle tracking feature. Regrettably, I cannot provide you with the information you are requesting from this location, as we [Customer Relations] are not trained in technical matters. Please accept my apologies for any frustration or inconvenience this situation may cause.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.

Krochelli
05-24-2005, 07:37 AM
The car gets there when it gets there. I highly doubt they "lose" cars. I know we are all excited by our M3s getting here, but in the end there is NOTHING we can do about it.

I think everyone is bent out of shape over nothing----i think bmw leads the way as far as order tracking goes versus its competition.

M3JB
05-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Quick summary: order placed 2/22, completed production 4/22, loaded on ship 4/29, arrived Port Charleston 5/16, at dealership 5/21, s/b delivered 5/23 or 5/24.

Have you picked up your car yet? Let us know what you think. I'm still amazed at my car everytime I drive it and I know I will enjoy it even more once the break-in procedure is done with. Not too much longer now :D

BarrowJon, I hope you're out enjoying your car right now. It's been a long wait, but I'm sure you'll agree it's worth it once you drive your new M!

BarrowJon
05-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Have you picked up your car yet? Let us know what you think. I'm still amazed at my car everytime I drive it and I know I will enjoy it even more once the break-in procedure is done with. Not too much longer now :D

BarrowJon, I hope you're out enjoying your car right now. It's been a long wait, but I'm sure you'll agree it's worth it once you drive your new M!

Yes, picked it up last evening - WOW. Has been well worth the wait, 3 months and 3 three days from order placement to vehicle delivery.

Am struggling a bit with SMG, as I traded a 2002 330Ci 5 speed for the M3. Keep looking for the clutch pedal. Requires a different set of coordination, but will catch on. So far got to say I love it, Alpine White with cinnamon, doesn't look bad.

M3JB - Glad to hear you're still getting peak pleasure from yours, can't believe you are almost past break-in, I'm just starting, I'll catch up.

BMWMONACO
05-29-2008, 11:38 AM
So I oredered a 335I Monacao with black dakota leather prem, sport may 10th and the website shows im awaiting a vessel . Does anyone know about how much time that is ? reason being is because Im in a lease right now that expires in a month and some of you have been saying 3 months from order to delivery. thanks guys !