PDA

View Full Version : From order to delivery date

x39339
03-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the BMW world. I've been driving Honda/Acura all my life and yesterday decided to order the 05 X3 3.0. I opt for the Navi package, so the sales person says it will need to order from Germany, that's fine. Before I signed the deal, the sales says she can still put it through March production. Since that's a corporate store in Canada, so I thought they could really make a last minute change for me. However, after I've signed the deal, the next day she says she couldn't! and put me in April production and delay delivery till mid May. Other dealers says Special order only deliver at the end of the month. So, I want to find out if that's true? if so, that's prove the sales lie to me again coz she says she could deliver in mid May. Does anyone know where i can find the official production schedule and delivery schedule for X3? Is this kind of stuff always happen to BMW buyer ? If so, how you guys deal with that. Please advice.

Thanks.

iChick
03-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Mine took approximately two months from the time of the order until I took delivery. You're fine.

JG
03-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone,

Is this kind of stuff always happen to BMW buyer ? If so, how you guys deal with that. Please advice.

Thanks.

I oredered an X3 last week and we found one in Halifax with the options I wanted.

It will still take a week and a half to get here (Toronto) area.

I was told last week I may or may not hit the March deadline if I ordered form Germany/Austria. So I don't think there is any fooling around going on. An order last week was going to be iffy - and likely would be April production.

stevenw66
03-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the BMW world. I've been driving Honda/Acura all my life and yesterday decided to order the 05 X3 3.0. I opt for the Navi package, so the sales person says it will need to order from Germany, that's fine. Before I signed the deal, the sales says she can still put it through March production. Since that's a corporate store in Canada, so I thought they could really make a last minute change for me. However, after I've signed the deal, the next day she says she couldn't! and put me in April production and delay delivery till mid May. Other dealers says Special order only deliver at the end of the month. So, I want to find out if that's true? if so, that's prove the sales lie to me again coz she says she could deliver in mid May. Does anyone know where i can find the official production schedule and delivery schedule for X3? Is this kind of stuff always happen to BMW buyer ? If so, how you guys deal with that. Please advice.

Thanks.

Me too, 8 weeks. Do you know how to track production via BMWUSA.COM?

tonymey
03-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I live here in Germany, right down the street from Austria and it took 2 and 1/2 months to get mine delivered. It's all about the numbers :dunno:

x39339
03-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Thank you everyone for their respone, now I just need to be patient. Since I've only been driving japanese cars and only takes days to deliver, so this kind of stuff is new to me. But I guess it worth it since I'm really impressed with the car when I test drove it. Rock Solid car! I can't wait to drive my first BMW!

So, does anyone know where I can get production info via web? Just curious.

ICEBERG
03-12-2005, 10:52 AM
I oredered an X3 last week and we found one in Halifax with the options I wanted.

It will still take a week and a half to get here (Toronto) area.

I was told last week I may or may not hit the March deadline if I ordered form Germany/Austria. So I don't think there is any fooling around going on. An order last week was going to be iffy - and likely would be April production.

That's funny because i also found the car we where looking for in Halifax. We ordered from Calgary and the delivery date was 4-6 weeks. I wonder if they get shipped from Austria to Halifax first?

JG
03-12-2005, 08:26 PM
That's funny because i also found the car we where looking for in Halifax. We ordered from Calgary and the delivery date was 4-6 weeks. I wonder if they get shipped from Austria to Halifax first?

I assume shipping from Graz/Austria to Canada lands all vehicles at Halifax. Maybe they get an initial prep in Halifax? Possibly cancelled orders sit there until, a dealer arranges to purchase?

They might also sit in a compound until enough vehicles are ready for a train or truck to deliver. There is only one dealer in Halifax - so I guess it's possible they had the vehicle you and/or I ordered (I doubt it).

So if it is 2 weeks from Halifax to Toronto - and 4-6 weeks from Halifax to Calgary - then they must be using horses to pull a chuckwagon train of vehicles across country!

I see you ordered the heated steering wheel. I would never have thought of that option until I test drove several X3's with that option.

MJTSUB
03-13-2005, 09:04 PM
We ordered are X3 in August and it showed up at the end of September. It took approximately 7 weeks. Unless the car order # is already in production you can schedule changes up to that point. You track your cars status at www.bmwusa.com and then go to owners cirlce. You have to have the production/order number from the dealer. Just a note that the website is about 4-7 days behind actual stats. We picked up our car and the order still said in transit to dealer.