PDA

View Full Version : 87 325 es

irysam
03-12-2005, 07:36 PM
I seen a 325e on a car lot that need some major work which will be good for a restoration project. The dealer said he did not had the key and the title for the car but he say the car runs. He said he wanted 200 dollars for the car. I was looking for a 325is model to restore. The dashboard has a few cracks in it which I dont know if it is fixable or what it will cause to replace it. What is the difference between the 325e and the 325 is. Is this car a great buy for 200 dollars and spend the money to do a restoration or should I buy a 325is. Thanks

Sam

BimmerBoy73
04-10-2005, 02:53 AM
Come on now! The 325is has 168hp the eta has 124hp. Ive owned both and I only wished to have an is when I owned the e model. Now I have it and its something else entirely when it come to power due to the wide power band of an 325is and red lining at 6400 + 500 with chip compared to 4250. Yes the eta has some major torque considering the hp. But, there is no comparison. You want to feel that motor wind up to redline on the 325is not the eta. And finally, where are the keys and better yet, no title? For all you know it could be a salvaged title due major damage that exceeds the wholesale value of the car. Could be stolen or have stolen parts. No paper trail no buy, no eta anyway. Hope that helped sway your decision unless you have already purchased it buy now, well best of luck

9x16
04-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah,I had an "e" before and the it was in the red line annoyingly fast.My current car is an 89 325i,and the difference is huge.But,it all depends what you gonna use it for.If you want a economical car to drive around,the eta will do it.But if you like some power on the pedal,get the "i".Restoring?Get something rare,like an IS,or an M3.

Gennaro
05-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Hey all,

I have a 1987 325 IS (RED) - back leather interior - ALL ORIGINAL - this thing is in showroom condition. I only drive it in Summer and it only has 117,000 KM on it. It breaks my heart to let it go, but I must - what do you figure I can get for this beauty - it is a collector's dream come true!

Baurer2tc
05-08-2005, 08:54 PM
I seen a 325e on a car lot that need some major work which will be good for a restoration project. The dealer said he did not had the key and the title for the car but he say the car runs. He said he wanted 200 dollars for the car. I was looking for a 325is model to restore. The dashboard has a few cracks in it which I dont know if it is fixable or what it will cause to replace it. What is the difference between the 325e and the 325 is. Is this car a great buy for 200 dollars and spend the money to do a restoration or should I buy a 325is. Thanks

Sam
I would I can get the red 325is with the beautiful front spoiler together with 4 head light round and fog light......it such a nice to design until now huh???

THE 325IS NEVER FAIL TO FLY