PDA

View Full Version : QD For Klasse AIO

MPossible
03-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey guys i am planning on doing a Klasse AIO, SG x (DUNNO), then p21s Carnauba Wax... i kno that sonus spritz is the best QD for bringing back the Klasse look but i was wondering if that is going to work b/c i am goin to have a pure wax on the top layer.. thanks in advance...

Alex Baumann
03-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Shouldn't cause trouble.

F1Crazy
03-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Yeah, it will be no problem, use any QD you like since you'll have a carnauba on top. People use Sonus as QD for Klasse because it contains acrylic, like Klasse, and it will extend Klasse's life. IMO using it on top of carnauba is a waste, you're better off with carnauba based QD like Pinnacle Crystal Mist, Griot's Speedshine or Sonus Carnauba Spritz.

Alex Baumann
03-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah, it will be no problem, use any QD you like since you'll have a carnauba on top. People use Sonus as QD for Klasse because it contains acrylic, like Klasse, and it will extend Klasse's life. IMO using it on top of carnauba is a waste, you're better off with carnauba based QD like Pinnacle Crystal Mist, Griot's Speedshine or Sonus Carnauba Spritz.

I'm using Meguiar's Quik Detailer (the one containing wax) on top of Pinnacle, I'm very happy with the results.

MPossible
03-13-2005, 11:11 AM
thanks guys i appreciate your quick response... i had one more quick ?.. for shampoo do you think p21s is a good way to go? and do you think i should do the "perfect shine" now since i just got my car or wait> thanks lmk and sorry for this dumb ? since im a newbie what is IMO hahha :dunno: sry

F1Crazy
03-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Detail your car ASAP, it's easier to keep it looking good than try to restore lost luster.

There are so many shampoos available locally and you use it so much that I don't see a reason to buy it online and pay the shipping. I like Meguiar's NXT or Gold Class.

MPossible
03-13-2005, 01:21 PM
alrite and how many foam applicators should i need for applying klasse aio and then how many for terry applicators for sg. and for p21s carnauba wax how many of (insert type of applicator b/c i dunno) should i need and will a buffing towel be sufficient for taking it off. also are these applicators all washable? thanks a ton! o and is it recommended that i buy a orbital buffer..? i have a ryobi orbital buffer(rb100) but it only has one speed..i dunno if this will work well enough to prevent swirls.. and if anyone could clarify to me if i need to do a clay to my car or anything previous to applying Klasse AIO, SG, and then p21s.. the car is brand new only a week old.. i wanna get everything put on though so i can make it easier.. oh and btw its black sappharaire metallic... tahnks guys sry for all these ?s :thumbup:

F1Crazy
03-13-2005, 01:48 PM
You know that there is a search button here, right? :D

I use foam applicators for everything, SG, Zaino, P21S. AIO is best applied with PC orbital buffer but you'll be fine doing it by hand on new car. Definitely clay before AIO.
Go to properautocare.com for very detailed application instructions for Klasse.

MPossible
03-17-2005, 05:22 AM
hey guys this is kinda off the topic of this thread but yesterday i cleaned my car for the first time since i got it a few days ago and it looks to me like there is a pretty good amount of wax on there... :dunno: dealer detailed it :dunno: but also i read somewhere that it isnt good on a new paint to apply wax for several months.. my question is can i apply klasse,sg,p21s and not have any problems or should i wait a while since there is already a protection on there. also will i need to use a clay bar since the surface is pretty smooth? thanks guys :thumbup:

Artslinger
03-17-2005, 06:05 AM
hey guys this is kinda off the topic of this thread but yesterday i cleaned my car for the first time since i got it a few days ago and it looks to me like there is a pretty good amount of wax on there... :dunno: dealer detailed it :dunno: but also i read somewhere that it isnt good on a new paint to apply wax for several months.. my question is can i apply klasse,sg,p21s and not have any problems or should i wait a while since there is already a protection on there. also will i need to use a clay bar since the surface is pretty smooth? thanks guys :thumbup:

You can detail a factory car immediately unlike a car that has been repainted at a auto body shop then you must follow their recommended waiting period. I would guess that the majority of new BMWs have been detailed before delivery.

You can use something like Dawn to strip the old wax and it never hurts to clay a car before applying waxes, polishes or a sealant. When claying follow the directions or read up on the proper way to clay bar because you could scratch the surface. Probably the most important thing to remember is to keep contaminants (dirt) off the paint, towels and applicators to prevent swirls.

MPossible
03-17-2005, 06:44 AM
hey thanks for that info... would you recommend me doin the klasse aio,sg, and p21s rite now or should i wait for the current wax to wear off a lil ... lmk thanks :thumbup:

Artslinger
03-17-2005, 06:57 AM
hey thanks for that info... would you recommend me doin the klasse aio,sg, and p21s rite now or should i wait for the current wax to wear off a lil ... lmk thanks :thumbup:

The Klasse AIO/SG, and P21s is probably a much better detailing than what the dealer did.

I say go for it.

Just plan on spending one or two days to do all that especially if you apply the SG,
and buy plenty of MF towels. :)

Artslinger
03-17-2005, 07:01 AM
Carnauba waxes like the P21s will only last a month. The AIO and SG should last three months or more.

Artslinger
03-17-2005, 07:03 AM
Applying Klasse by Hand.

http://www.properautocare.com/apklasbyhan.html

jetstream23
03-21-2005, 01:40 AM
:thumbup: Klasse AIO and SG.

I washed with Meguiar's Gold Class, did an AIO application by hand and then 2 coats of SG two weeks after I took delivery in January.....best decision I ever made. You don't even really need to strip the wax with Dawn unless your car is really covered in wax. I had a very thin coating of some dealer wax that the AIO removed.

The best thing about Klasse (for me) is that you only need to do the full routine once every 6 to 8 months (depending upon your conditions...rain, snow, garage-parked, etc.). I wash about once every two weeks and then Sonus Acrylic Spritz QD. In between washes I use the California Duster and occassionally will QD it as well.

Haven't done the Pinnacle Souveran yet but its on my list. I'll probably switch to my Meguair's QD spray (carauba-based) after I apply Souveran as the Sonus is really meant for use on top of AIO, SG.

Do a lot of reading here and at Autopia before you embark on your first Klasse treatment. You'll learn why its important to use only a small (dime or nickel sized) amount of SG when doing a section and that you need to wait atleast 18-24 hours between coats of SG to allow it to set....otherwise you could end up with haze.

Good luck.