PDA

View Full Version : Does Sport Package have runflats?

adc
03-15-2005, 02:15 PM
I cannot tell from BMW's brochure or from the web car builder if the Sport Pack has runflats or regular tires.

We are in the final stages of deciding options and would like to know...

At least with runflats you can usually get a better ride if you switch to regular tires. :dunno:

Thanks,

adc
03 330 ZHP

M-PIRE
03-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Yes, the Sports Package comes with the run-flat tires. Because of the reinforced sidewalls on the run-flat tires, the ride is a bit harder than some like. The nice thing is that you can replace the tires and smooth the ride out. I've got an additional set of 17" rims with all-weather tires on them and you can feel the difference.

Hope that helps.

M-PIRE
2005 X3 3.0 in Titanium Silver
Black Montana Leather
Privacy Glass, tinted over
Sports & Premium packages
Steptronic
BMW Assist
Adaptive Xenon's
Sat Radio & Aux Input Kit
Glovebox Hatch release
Bluetooth with SE T608
BMW Alarm
...and more mods to follow...

JG
03-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Yes, the Sports Package comes with the run-flat tires. Because of the reinforced sidewalls on the run-flat tires, the ride is a bit harder than some like. The nice thing is that you can replace the tires and smooth the ride out. I've got an additional set of 17" rims with all-weather tires on them and you can feel the difference.

Hope that helps.

M-PIRE
Black Montana Leather
Steptronic
BMW Assist
Adaptive Xenon's
Glovebox Hatch release
Bluetooth with SE T608
BMW Alarm
...and more mods to follow...

M-PIRE - are there any options you missed getting on your vehicle?

:thumbup: Talk about loaded! I am surprised you did't get some kind of upgrade 18" tire/rim combo - or the custom colour coded body kit................

Did they at least throw in floor matts with that order?

M-PIRE
03-16-2005, 07:01 PM
He he he. I did not opt for the cold weather package. :p

My sales guy did toss in about $100 of accessories for me...including floormats.

I installed the alarm, trunk release, chrome tips, sat radio and aux kit myself after I got it home. Next on the list is to tear out the interior and find the bloody amp for the stereo and replace it. Is it just me or does the non-premium sound suck? :thumbdwn:

Oooh... Let's not forget the new smoked tailights. That is on the list to be done too. $400, but it will look sooooo nice. Part #63 210 392 913 for anyone who is interested.

The part number for the trunk release is 61 310 394 831, it's about $50 and is fairly easy to install. I think the dealers charge a half hour labor to put it in. I did mine in about 45 min.

Let's see...while we are at it, there is the HID upgrade for the foglights and the Xenon interior bulb kit from bimmian.com. Those are nice things to put on your list. Of course aluminum pedals would be nice too. :thumbup:

I will probably stop with the customization after I paint the bumpers this summer. That should hold me for a couple of years. By then the tires will be bald and I'll upgrade to 20" rims with some nice rubber. ;)

I know what your thinking...yes, it's a disease.... :tsk:

adc
03-16-2005, 09:16 PM
He he he. I did not opt for the cold weather package. :p

My sales guy did toss in about $100 of accessories for me...including floormats.

I installed the alarm, trunk release, chrome tips, sat radio and aux kit myself after I got it home. Next on the list is to tear out the interior and find the bloody amp for the stereo and replace it. Is it just me or does the non-premium sound suck? :thumbdwn:

Oooh... Let's not forget the new smoked tailights. That is on the list to be done too. $400, but it will look sooooo nice. Part #63 210 392 913 for anyone who is interested.

The part number for the trunk release is 61 310 394 831, it's about $50 and is fairly easy to install. I think the dealers charge a half hour labor to put it in. I did mine in about 45 min.

Let's see...while we are at it, there is the HID upgrade for the foglights and the Xenon interior bulb kit from bimmian.com. Those are nice things to put on your list. Of course aluminum pedals would be nice too. :thumbup:

I will probably stop with the customization after I paint the bumpers this summer. That should hold me for a couple of years. By then the tires will be bald and I'll upgrade to 20" rims with some nice rubber. ;)

I know what your thinking...yes, it's a disease.... :tsk:

I was actually thinking to start off with a supercharger... :dunno:

Does anybody have that yet?

adc
03 330 ZHP

ffchun
03-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I have the Pirelli Scorpio tires that came with the car. Can you recommend a more smoother tire. This one carries a "harsh" ride. Also what did the 17" run you in dineros ?

Hope that helps.

M-PIRE
Black Montana Leather
Steptronic
BMW Assist
Adaptive Xenon's
Glovebox Hatch release
Bluetooth with SE T608