PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Net for X3

fill007
03-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Anyone install the Cargo Net after their purchase. I wanted this feature but was not available on the one I bought from dealer inventory. Looking into this because of the dog factor. She jumps over the back seat when place there after walks.

Folding down the seats won't help me because after a walk at the park the paws are muddying up my interior.

It looks like the installation involves sometype of hook installation on the ceiling but wold like some more in.

Thanks

pipo
03-16-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't know if you can get the cargo net as a dealer option. The factory option cargo net, which I have, deploys from the same casing as the cargo cover and attaches to recessed anchor points on the ceiling. Replacing your casing (cargo cover only) with the casing that contains both the cargo cover and the cargo net shouldn't be a problem, but you probably don't have the recessed anchor points on your ceiling (two behind the back seat and two behind the front seat, the latter available for use when the rear seat is folded down). I don't know how much work and expense would be required to retrofit your vehicle with the anchor points.

If it turns out to be too expensive or too much trouble, why not just get an aftermarket barrier that wedges into place between the floor and the ceiling?

fill007
03-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the info, what you have is exactly what I was looking for. After Market parts do not looks as fitted as the one from the factory. But if anyone has a after market one that they use, please share.

M-PIRE
03-16-2005, 05:43 PM
I got a quote for $425 for that bloody cargo net (parts only). You have to replace the entire rear cargo cover module. You also need to cut holes in the headliner to insert the receivers for the net when extended. I decided not to pursue this upgrade. If anyone finds a good alternative, please post to this thread.

JG
03-16-2005, 05:52 PM
I got a quote for $425 for that bloody cargo net (parts only). You have to replace the entire rear cargo cover module. You also need to cut holes in the headliner to insert the receivers for the net when extended. I decided not to pursue this upgrade. If anyone finds a good alternative, please post to this thread.

You could always use a good quality dog crate like a Vari-kennel. The dog is probably safer in the crate as well in the case of an accident.

pipo
03-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Some of the photographs on this site are priceless! But more importantly, for $69.99, you can pick up the utilitarian and ugly pet barrier I used to own. Don't know anything about the merchant, only the product. :bigpimp:
http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/product444_0.htm (http://)