PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing first 24 hours

Tayrum
03-15-2005, 07:05 PM
I picked up my new X3 last night and since then I have experienced the following problems which I have to say has left me not too impressed.

1. One of the keys does not work at all and both need to be reprogrammed. When one did not work at the dealership they just said it was from city interference and would work fine later.
2. After putting in a cd into the stereo, halfway through the third song it began to click and then the sound stopped. Tried to eject it and re-insert. It ejected fine but wouldn't insert. Tried two different cd's and neither worked.
3. Sunroof rattles with the visor open! Was working fine at pick up but after a few outings I could hear the rattle above the radio.

So, back to the dealership. Hopefully this is the last of the problems.

Has anyone else had similar difficulties.

ICEBERG
03-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear that tayrum. Is your's the 3.0i or the 2.5? What options did you get. I am little worried now with mine. Mine has not come in yet but when it does i am going for a long test drive before i bring it home from the dealer.

LeucX3
03-15-2005, 10:46 PM
No problems here and i have 12k miles.

As for your problem #1, that's just a lame dealer who didnt' want to program your keys.

Tayrum
03-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Sorry to hear that tayrum. Is your's the 3.0i or the 2.5? What options did you get. I am little worried now with mine. Mine has not come in yet but when it does i am going for a long test drive before i bring it home from the dealer.

Mine is a 2.5 with sunroof, ski passthru, zenon headlights and heated steering wheel (which is fantastic here in Toronto right now!). I would definitely recommend you go for a spin with the sales rep. For the price of this car I didn't think that it would be necessary but now I would recommend it.
I will say that I did bring it in this morning and the service experience thus far has been superior to anything I have had in the past with other manufacturers. The key problem was fixed in about 30 seconds and the other issues are being taken care of now. I understand problems can occur with any product but it is how they are dealt with which makes a company shine.

Good luck with your new X3 Iceberg!

Tayrum
03-16-2005, 08:33 AM
I agree - took the service technician about 30 seconds to fix!

jdeday
03-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Tayrum,

My X3 has been trouble free, and the dealer has been great! I think you will get things worked out and you will not be disappointed. I have 1,500 miles on mine and I have had it for 5 weeks.