PDA

View Full Version : X3 Costs in Europe - Britain

JG
03-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Just out of curiosity - I went online at BMW Britain and configured my vehicle (X3 3.0i with some modest options - panorama - PDC - heated steering).

The price in Canadian dollars was around $50k give or take. The same vehicle in Britain came out after exchange rate, at around $80,000 Canadian or over 60% or $30,000 more?

The only good part on the Brit site - was all paint colours cost the same. Standard items on the Canadian X3 3.0i were for the most part options.

For the $30,000 extra being paid in Britain - I could get a Mazda 3 thrown into the deal here (or on a 36 month lease BMW would owe me money).

Why on earth is there that much of a difference. It's like BMW are discounting north american sales - and over inflating European sales. Most likely the North American prices should be $15k or so more - and the European $15k or so less.

If I lived in England - I wouldn't even remotely consider paying this much.

Aaron325iT
03-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Just out of curiosity - I went online at BMW Britain and configured my vehicle (X3 3.0i with some modest options - panorama - PDC - heated steering).

The price in Canadian dollars was around $50k give or take. The same vehicle in Britain came out after exchange rate, at around $80,000 Canadian or over 60% or $30,000 more?

The only good part on the Brit site - was all paint colours cost the same. Standard items on the Canadian X3 3.0i were for the most part options.

For the $30,000 extra being paid in Britain - I could get a Mazda 3 thrown into the deal here (or on a 36 month lease BMW would owe me money).

Why on earth is there that much of a difference. It's like BMW are discounting north american sales - and over inflating European sales. Most likely the North American prices should be $15k or so more - and the European $15k or so less.

If I lived in England - I wouldn't even remotely consider paying this much.

Well in the UK prices include 17.5% VAT...our prices in Canada are exclusive of GST/PST so that makes up for some of the difference. I agree that prices in Europe are higher than here when you compare exchange rates, even after taking into account sales taxes.