PDA

View Full Version : After Bimmerfest excitement?

Riot Racing
03-16-2005, 09:19 PM
I know Santa barbara is a very happening area for the college students, especially the women :D . I also know State street is the place to be, but i have a few concerns.
Is there much to do for the people under 21? clubs? What do the party animals do after bimmerfest if you are too young to go the 21+ clubs/bars?

I'm thinking some good ole frat parties.

Good time!

Jon Shafer
03-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Isla Vista can get pretty wild. The Fast and Furious crowd tends to hang out at In-N-Out Burger.

But check this out (an added value for Bimmerfest weekend):

http://www.sbfairandexpo.com/

LordGop
03-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Someone should start some kind of thread about this. I've just gone home after the last two fests, but hey if there is something to do let us know what and where. :thumbup:

e36bmw328
03-17-2005, 06:56 PM
that sounds good, i just got a hotel with a few of my friends until sunday, might go to Galeta where all the college crowd like myself will be

BMWgrl75
03-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Oh that would be Goleta, for the locals :p
Ojai native here, now in Northern Washington. Guess there won't be any driving from here :thumbdwn:

Kurt Martin
03-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh that would be Goleta, for the locals :p
Ojai native here, now in Northern Washington. Guess there won't be any driving from here :thumbdwn:
Actually, the NorCal caravan will be joined by a significant number of Bimmers from Washington State. :thumbup:

BMWgrl75
03-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Actually, the NorCal caravan will be joined by a significant number of Bimmers from Washington State. :thumbup:

I will probably take a flight, visit the family. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

persiandude
03-23-2005, 04:48 PM
you can party in IV (UCSB surrounding area) but usually IV is pretty dead on Saturday nights.. Most people tend to head downtown to state st.

as far as that goes:
Q's is big and crowded
Wildcat is small and crowded (good place but small)
634 is more the college frat boy scene (filled with the girls who go for that type) and it is big
Indochine is small and for the older crowd 27+
Koony's (hahaha) is the newest place just off state and is probably the best place in town as of now
Velvet jones usually has live music on the weekends.. seems to be crowded often
then there are many many smaller bars, including Joe's which makes the second strongest drinks in town

most places have a cover ranging anywhere from $5-10 on saturday nights

for those who are younger than 21 Zelo's is downtown and always an option, or Zodo's in goleta can be fun if you have a big group (its a bowling alley but its open 24hrs and has a big bar)

I hope this info helped some

Jon Shafer
03-23-2005, 05:19 PM
The past couple of years (post-'Fest) we have ended up at Sharkeez (formerly "The Tank"). They still have a girl in a mermaid suit dancing in an aquarium I believe.) :eeps:

Riot Racing
04-05-2005, 03:02 PM
you can party in IV (UCSB surrounding area) but usually IV is pretty dead on Saturday nights.. Most people tend to head downtown to state st.

as far as that goes:
Q's is big and crowded
Wildcat is small and crowded (good place but small)
634 is more the college frat boy scene (filled with the girls who go for that type) and it is big
Koony's (hahaha) is the newest place just off state and is probably the best place in town as of now
Velvet jones usually has live music on the weekends.. seems to be crowded often
then there are many many smaller bars, including Joe's which makes the second strongest drinks in town

most places have a cover ranging anywhere from $5-10 on saturday nights

for those who are younger than 21 Zelo's is downtown and always an option, or Zodo's in goleta can be fun if you have a big group (its a bowling alley but its open 24hrs and has a big bar)

Can my friends that are under 21 get into any of these places? Which ones exactly?

persiandude
04-05-2005, 03:59 PM
zelo's should still allow people under 21... I would call to make sure, but they have pretty much always been that way.. that is the only place downtown they could get into... Zodo's is the only other place i can think of, but that is out towards the university...

Zelo's:http://www.zelo.net/Nightclub_Schedule/nightclub_schedule.html

Bmwcat
04-05-2005, 06:15 PM

Guess at 51 I'm SOL!!! I'll just get the senior menu at Denny's... :ouch: See you there.

ezracerx
04-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Can my friends that are under 21 get into any of these places? Which ones exactly?

Mary, Lisa, Kathy, Laura & Jennifer

Riot Racing
04-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Mary, Lisa, Kathy, Laura & Jennifer

I don't get it but OK :thumbup:

Riot Racing
04-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Dude check out the hotel we are staying at. http://www.harborviewinnsb.com
pimpin! Anyone else staying here?

kindof pricey but very nice, and right by the beach. best of all 5 miles from the event.

Anyone know of any good surfing spots in the area?

Jon Shafer
04-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Anyone know of any good surfing spots in the area?The SB Breakwater is across the street from the Harbor View Inn.
Last year the day after Bimmerfest there was a 6' - 8' swell.
I surfed Rincon. It was radical. Let's pray for another day like that...

Below are some random breakwater shots. The place is totally hollow.
You just might see Curren or Bobby Martinez out there.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48000

328bimma
04-07-2005, 02:49 AM
zelo is the only club that will accept 21 and younger. anywhere else you go will be tough.

Riot Racing
04-14-2005, 09:58 AM
The SB Breakwater is across the street from the Harbor View Inn.
Last year the day after Bimmerfest there was a 6' - 8' swell.
I surfed Rincon. It was radical. Let's pray for another day like that...

Below are some random breakwater shots. The place is totally hollow.
You just might see Curren or Bobby Martinez out there.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48000

Hey Jon, any good palces to long board?