PDA

View Full Version : Ugly yellow, airbag warning sticker on the center dash

jk330i
03-21-2005, 12:18 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but how many of you have the ugly yellow air bag sticker affixed to the dashboard?

Any suggestions on how to remove it without leaving the sticky residue? :mad:

mecklaiz
03-21-2005, 12:20 PM
I just peeled it off with no residue to speak off.

jk330i
03-21-2005, 12:31 PM
I just peeled it off with no residue to speak off.

I worry too much! it worked, thank you! :thumbup:

gojira-san
03-21-2005, 01:06 PM
When I bought my 330, my sales rep was doing the final inspection on the car with me. The last thing he did was ask if I wanted the airbag sticker left on. When I said nope, he took it off for me. I've always thought of them like those mattress tags ("Do not remove except by buyer") :)

jliu34740
03-21-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but how many of you have the ugly yellow air bag sticker affixed to the dashboard?

Any suggestions on how to remove it without leaving the sticky residue? :mad:

LOL, I took it off exactly 1 min after I drove it home.

mecklaiz
03-22-2005, 09:15 AM
I worry too much! it worked, thank you! :thumbup:

Good for you! Looks much nicer now doesn't it without the big ugly yellow sticker :)

jk330i
03-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Good for you! Looks much nicer now doesn't it without the big ugly yellow sticker :)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better! :thumbup:

Now what about the window sticker on the top left corner of driver view wondow?
I tried to peel it off but it left a very very stiky residue on the window?

What to use?

climrgrl
03-22-2005, 06:20 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better! :thumbup:

Now what about the window sticker on the top left corner of driver view wondow?
I tried to peel it off but it left a very very stiky residue on the window?

What to use?

Acetone is best, but it's pretty nasty. It can melt some plastics, so I wouldn't want to chance dripping some in the car! Isopropyl alcohol works well and isn't too caustic. It's readily available at drug stores. Get the highest percentage you can -- the stuff that's only 70% isn't as good.

M-PIRE
03-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Believe it or not, WD-40 is the best at removing residue from things like this. I find a little on a rag works pefectly.

As for my sticker, I'm into week 3 and still have it on. Scientific studies have shown that the "new car smell" starts to wear off as soon as th airbag sticker is removed.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: