PDA

View Full Version : Paint color that best matches plastic bumper trim

ses4me
03-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi, I am ordering an X3 3.0 tomorrow and I can't figure out which color best matches the massive plastic bumper trim. Sapphire black, jet black or silver grey? I like the blue also, but am afraid it will make the fugly bumper plastic stand out even more. Any tips as to color selection are greatly appreciated.

dherzfeld
03-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi, I am ordering an X3 3.0 tomorrow and I can't figure out which color best matches the massive plastic bumper trim. Sapphire black, jet black or silver grey? I like the blue also, but am afraid it will make the fugly bumper plastic stand out even more. Any tips as to color selection are greatly appreciated.

The darker the color the better. Mystic Blue doesn't look bad at all. Highlander Green looks good also. White, Titanium Silver, and Silver Gray all leave something to be desired. I don't have an opinion on the red. Of course the black colors are not an issue.

mkh
03-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Only 3 colors can match closely to the plastic bumper. I've compared all three of them side by side, and the verdict is (in the order beginning with the best match):

1. Highland Green
2. Sapphire Black
3. Jet Black

ICEBERG
03-21-2005, 04:06 PM
I have the sapphire black and matches really nice with the bumper trim. I also looked at the mystic blue which is very sharp also. Good luck with your choice.

x39339
03-21-2005, 04:12 PM
silver grey!
I think that's looks the best with the black bumper. That's what I've ordered.

iChick
03-21-2005, 04:20 PM
I went with the Sapphire Black and I really like it. I don't even notice the bumpers.

dherzfeld
03-21-2005, 04:47 PM
I noticed the other day that the Volvo XC90 also has black bumpers; though maybe a lower profile, and not as noticable.

jdeday
03-21-2005, 07:12 PM
To help you decide I have attached a photo of my Mystic Blue.