PDA

View Full Version : New baby on the way

farleywilbur
03-22-2005, 05:29 AM
Thanks to everyone for the great information here! I have signed a lease for a new 2005 X3 3.0 with Luxury and auto. Silver grey with terra cotta leather. It's on it's way to the dealership and expected delivery is a week today!

I drove several verhicles before deciding on an X3. Some were more luxurious (RX330), some had better cargo capacity (SRX), but none drove like the X3. My dealer has been fantastic. They gave me an X3 for a weekend test drive which definitely sealed the deal. I drove it through some crazy snow and ice covered backroads and was actually laughing out loud at how incredible the X-Drive and stability control works! I took my wife for a drive in the country and went up a road that is closed for the winter and only used by serious 4x4 vehicles due to very steep hills and the X3 went up those hills like they were dry pavement!

I am trading in a 2002 Acura TL Type S. It has been a great car, problem free, powerful and an excellent highway machine but I have no doubts that the X3 will exceed it in almost every way (maybe not passing power or off the line acceleration).

The dealer is giving me another loaner this weekend so the wait until next weekend won't be too painful!

Cheers! :rofl:

farleywilbur
03-24-2005, 05:35 AM
Gee that's great about your new X3! Welcome to the board! :dunno:

I think I'll go back to my Canadian Forums where people are polite and welcoming.

BahnBaum
03-24-2005, 05:41 AM
That's 'cause it's an auto. :tsk:

:D :thumbup:

Welcome, and congrats on the new purchase.

Alex

MMME30W
03-24-2005, 05:51 AM
Thanks to everyone for the great information here! I have signed a lease for a new 2005 X3 3.0 with Luxury and auto. Silver grey with terra cotta leather. It's on it's way to the dealership and expected delivery is a week today!

I drove several verhicles before deciding on an X3. Some were more luxurious (RX330), some had better cargo capacity (SRX), but none drove like the X3. My dealer has been fantastic. They gave me an X3 for a weekend test drive which definitely sealed the deal. I drove it through some crazy snow and ice covered backroads and was actually laughing out loud at how incredible the X-Drive and stability control works! I took my wife for a drive in the country and went up a road that is closed for the winter and only used by serious 4x4 vehicles due to very steep hills and the X3 went up those hills like they were dry pavement!

I am trading in a 2002 Acura TL Type S. It has been a great car, problem free, powerful and an excellent highway machine but I have no doubts that the X3 will exceed it in almost every way (maybe not passing power or off the line acceleration).

The dealer is giving me another loaner this weekend so the wait until next weekend won't be too painful!

Cheers! :rofl:

Sounds great...welcome to the 'fest...