PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this t-shirt styling for the event?

Jon Shafer
03-22-2005, 05:05 PM
http://www.hostdub.com/albums/Quinrado/bimmrfest.sized.jpg

operknockity
03-22-2005, 05:30 PM
: puke:

AB
03-22-2005, 05:31 PM
If you want honesty, I don't like it at all. Is the misspelling intentional?

alpinewhite325i
03-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Is it discounted due to the spelling error?

operknockity
03-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Not sure the state will let you get away with this, but...

Use the proper month and year stickers for the event (Apr 2005)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46915&stc=1

AB
03-22-2005, 05:48 PM

Now THAT is a great idea/look! :thumbup:

Mr. The Edge
03-22-2005, 05:55 PM
yuck

operknockity
03-22-2005, 06:40 PM
yuck To which idea?

Mr. The Edge
03-22-2005, 06:52 PM
To which idea?
the original

Dr. Phil
03-22-2005, 06:57 PM

If you do that one, someone better ship one to me in PA :thumbup:

johnlew
03-22-2005, 07:08 PM
#1, no. #2, yes

doeboy
03-22-2005, 08:11 PM
:dunno:

doeboy
03-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Or this? but with the actual date of Bimmerfest in the red section? :dunno:

Cliff
03-22-2005, 08:16 PM

:thumbup:

BMW MotorSport
03-22-2005, 08:24 PM
How's it going guys. Sorry this is off topic but last year everyone had a BimmerFest Sign on their cars with the year, make, model with a Mods list. Does anyone know how to get this for the 05' BimmerFest? Thanks

JetBlack330i
03-22-2005, 08:34 PM
No chance for a long sleeves? :dunno:

operknockity
03-22-2005, 08:46 PM
How's it going guys. Sorry this is off topic but last year everyone had a BimmerFest Sign on their cars with the year, make, model with a Mods list. Does anyone know how to get this for the 05' BimmerFest? Thanks Yes, it is off topic :slap: :rofl:

Someone else also asked about this a few days back... Watch for it in the event forum about a week before the event. Worse comes to worse, just make up something if the official one isn't available in time.

Dave 330i
03-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Will it be free?

Jon Shafer
03-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Will it be free?
Funny that you should ask Dave. That's the best part. The manufacturer is providing it to event staff for free.

They may be selling similar ones as well as hooded sweat shirts, track jackets...etc.

http://www.oseapparel.com/

EDIT: Other shirt offerings from another party are in the works too.
I do like some of your suggestions. The "other" shirt will fit more with
your guys' expectations...

JonathanIT
03-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Actually, I like the first one (and better than subsequent versions). Don't care for the CA one.

--J.

Wildkarde
03-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Yeah, i actually really like the first one. I don't really like the CA one, just dont think it would look right on a shirt...

Kaz
03-22-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm with the nays on the shirt.

Also, FWIW, I was surprised that I had to spend time looking around to find the registration page for the event. I naturally started at the main page and looked around and found nothing.

Jon Shafer
03-22-2005, 11:24 PM

Also, FWIW, I was surprised that I had to spend time looking around to find the registration page for the event. I naturally started at the main page and looked around and found nothing.Sorry Kaz,

The link is on every main forum page here (e.g., General, 3-Series, OT, Bimmerfest Event, etc.):

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46966

operknockity
03-22-2005, 11:26 PM
The link is one every main forum page here:
It would be really good to have it on the bimmerfest home page as well :thumbup:

Jon Shafer
03-22-2005, 11:29 PM
It would be really good to have it on the bimmerfest home page as well
My partners have decided to keep the general BMW content flowing on that page...

Thanks for the tip, though!

Kaz
03-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Sorry Kaz,

The link is on every main forum page here (e.g., General, 3-Series, OT, Bimmerfest Event, etc.):

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46966
Well, I figured there HAD to be at least a sticky at the top of this forum, so that's where I went next. I was just really confused when I didn't see anything on the main page, even though it knew enough to know that I was logged in and such.

Jon Shafer
03-22-2005, 11:34 PM
:confused:

It is the headline announcement above all other stickies.

Everyone who registered last year 950-something also received emails with direct links.

Sorry again for the confusion.

AsianImage
03-22-2005, 11:35 PM
I kinda like the GERMAN/Euro plate design as well. The first design.

but I am flexible...I will definitely purchase a BIMMERFEST shirt. I aint driving all the way up to SB for nutin!

Also...I would be interested in a placard that stated I was with bimmerfest, my board name and mods to my car. That way we can ID each other and our cars!

Jon Shafer
03-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Prefer something like this?

http://www.my330i.com/images/bf2005_both2.jpg

Kaz
03-22-2005, 11:42 PM
:confused:

It is the headline announcement above all other stickies.

Everyone who registered last year 950-something also received emails with direct links.

Sorry again for the confusion.

Stickies don't work for those using View New Posts.

Obviously I'm the only moron who had this problem, since there are sh1tloads of people already registered.

Jon Shafer
03-22-2005, 11:46 PM
In the study of perception they call it stimulus habituation.

I miss all kinds of stuff here too from looking at it so/too much...

:)

Kaz
03-22-2005, 11:57 PM
In the study of perception they call it stimulus habituation.

I miss all kinds of stuff here too from looking at it so/too much...

:)

No, it's called 'stickies are only sticky for some'

Jon Shafer
03-23-2005, 12:11 AM
I just added another sticky, so now we have that plus global announcements on every page.

Hope this helps!

Kaz
03-23-2005, 12:15 AM
I just added another sticky, so now we have that plus global announcements on every page.

Hope this helps!

I still don't see any stickies, but I've beaten this issue to death already tonight.

JetBlack330i
03-23-2005, 04:47 AM

Much better. Comments:
a) the logo on the back is too big. My preferend is for no logo at all, but if you must, about half that size would be better.
b) Long sleeves?!

Keith
03-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Much better. Comments:
a) the logo on the back is too big. My preferend is for no logo at all, but if you must, about half that size would be better.
b) Long sleeves?!

I like this one Jon, I'll take one in a T-shirt, hopefully in blue and one in a blue long sleeve, that is if your doing blue or long sleeve. :D
Oh yeah, X-large! :eek:

Jon Shafer
03-23-2005, 08:13 AM
I still don't see any stickies, but I've beaten this issue to death already tonight.

Take another look...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46977

AB
03-23-2005, 08:35 AM

That's very cool, Jon. I would love to buy a couple when available.

RKT BMR
03-23-2005, 08:55 AM
In the study of perception they call it stimulus habituation.I knew we'd all pay a price for you getting a psychology degree... the streams have now crossed. Watch out for the Staypuft MM :D

RKT BMR
03-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Much better. Comments:
b) Long sleeves?!Yes, and

c) Availability in that royal blue color that past shirts/caps have been available in.

Black is a challenging color on hot, sunny days.

LmtdSlip
03-23-2005, 09:11 AM

No style whatsoever :thumbdwn:

Looks like a list of sponsors. Its fine for event staff on the day of the event but I would never purchase a shirt that looks like that.

Take this with a grain of salt as I wont be attending. However, I would consider buying either of the first two exapmples as long as they were back prints. I almost never buy or wear T-shirts with large prints on the front.

doeboy
03-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Looks like a list of sponsors. Its fine for event staff on the day of the event but I would never purchase a shirt that looks like that.

I'd have to agree... I mean looks fine and all but it looks like free advertising. I wouldn't pay for that... people'd have to pay me to wear it... well um... ok I'd wear it for a free shirt... ;) :p :D

doeboy
03-23-2005, 09:53 AM
I knew we'd all pay a price for you getting a psychology degree... the streams have now crossed. Watch out for the Staypuft MM :D

:eeps: :eek:

Jon Shafer
03-23-2005, 09:58 AM
I knew we'd all pay a price for you getting a psychology degree... the streams have now crossed. Watch out for the Staypuft MM :D

LOL! My undergraduate degree was in Experimental (Research) Psychology. My M.A. is in
Clinical (Applied) Psychology.

Kaz
03-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Take another look...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46977

Nope, like I said, stickies don't work when using 'view new posts' (or any modified variant)

Jon Shafer
03-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Nope, like I said, stickies don't work when using 'view new posts' (or any modified variant)

Now I get it....

:(

Hopefully people aren't looking for the registration link by using the view

operknockity
03-23-2005, 12:35 PM
No style whatsoever :thumbdwn:

Looks like a list of sponsors. Its fine for event staff on the day of the event but I would never purchase a shirt that looks like that.:stupid:

Take this with a grain of salt as I wont be attending. However, I would consider buying either of the first two exapmples as long as they were back prints. I almost never buy or wear T-shirts with large prints on the front.While I have been known to buy/recieve t-shirts with big printage on the front, that is not my preference either. In this case, the big printage should be on the back with just a small logo on the upper left side of the shirt. The logo could be either the site logo ("Bringing the community together, yada, yada, yada) or just a simple "Bimmerfest 2005" as shown, but just a tad smaller.

marvelphx
03-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Jon: I *knew* you wouldn't be able to help yourself posting that shirt design here... lol!

Guys: That shirt design is something I threw together to get an idea of new layout that, for the first time, actually represents the sponsors & participants who make Bimmerfest very special. It would not be so if it weren't for them, so advertising their logos should be an honor. Only those companies providing swag for the charity raffle get on the shirt and we all know the benefits of participating in the raffle and the people it helps.

I haven't decided on a logo, but where the big bimmerfest 2005 on the back is, there will be some kind of design or car with bimmerfest 2005 superimposed smaller. Again, this was a rough draft to get an eye for the colors, etc. Most of the logos I stole from their websites and such and I am already collecting real hi-res logos for the actual shirt from vendors.

There WILL be a redesign...

More to come...

AsianImage
03-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Looks good to me....

I guess I just want to echo some comments...

will the shirt be in both S/S and L/S version?
how big are you going to have avail? I can fit a XL, but would prefer a XXL...you know more room for the lardage I call a tummy.

TiA!

again I am flexible, I am just happy to attend and have a cool shirt to remember it by!

marvelphx
03-23-2005, 09:44 PM
It would be sizes M, L, XL, and XXL at least and very likely in both long and short sleeve.

AsianImage
03-23-2005, 11:04 PM
It would be sizes M, L, XL, and XXL at least and very likely in both long and short sleeve.

Awesome....Thank you! I will definitely buying 1 of each!

pix335i
03-24-2005, 08:37 AM

Also, FWIW, I was surprised that I had to spend time looking around to find the registration page for the event. I naturally started at the main page and looked around and found nothing.
I had been looking for a way to make sure this was more evident on the site and finally found a way to get it accomplished today. It is now on the main page on the right side at the top. I would image there will be a feature story up there when we are even closer to the event to make sure everyone knows the latest and greatest about what the final details are.

I hope this helps the search for registration information...

operknockity
03-24-2005, 09:10 AM
I had been looking for a way to make sure this was more evident on the site and finally found a way to get it accomplished today. It is now on the main page on the right side at the top. I would image there will be a feature story up there when we are even closer to the event to make sure everyone knows the latest and greatest about what the final details are.

I hope the helps the search for registration information...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jon Shafer
03-24-2005, 09:21 AM

Thank you Mark!

You are awesome!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

<TABLE class=page cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center>*******><TR vAlign=top><TD width=15></TD><!-- / Spacer Cell --><TD vAlign=top width=175><!-- bimmerfest 2005 Block --><TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0>*******><TR><TD class=tcat> bimmerfest 2005 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Bimmerfest Online Registration Now Open!!

Registration for bimmerfest 2005 in Santa Barbara, CA is now open. You can register for the event by filling out this registration form (http://www.bimmerfest.com/event.php?action=insertregistration&EvId=4)!

Registration Numbers:
Cars: 493
Attendees: 1165

Last updated 3/25/2005 </TD></TR>********></TABLE></TD></TR>********></TABLE>

Kaz
03-24-2005, 10:57 AM

There. See, that was easy, wasn't it? :)

persiandude
03-24-2005, 11:36 AM
out of all three designs, I would really have to say the first one is the best.. its simple but everyone i have showed it to has liked it.. HIGH FIVE to the designer.. go europlate shirt!!

liuk3
03-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Just my 2 cents. I think that you gotta have the year in there somehow. It becomes a collector's item for each year as the event continunes to prosper. Just look at how bikers market/design their t-shirts for motorcycle rallies. You have different designs for every year as well to differentiate.

Gladius
03-26-2005, 08:21 AM
I like the Europlate design.

I dislike the second and third designs. I agree that you should give the sponsors props - but not on a shirt that people are going to pay for. The local BMWCCA here does events who always have sponsors, but the shirts (often embroidered) never have sponsor logos on them. I agree - if you were giving the shirts away, then it's free advertising, and I'd probably wear it around the house. The sponsors are already getting a ton of advertising by being sponsors - that's why they're doing it, not out of the goodness of their hearts.

Viv
03-26-2005, 07:03 PM

I like this one since it matches my plates :thumbup:

shragon
03-28-2005, 12:00 PM

that's cool. long sleeve will be nice. i wish i picked one up from 2003.

i don't like the first two that were posted.

operknockity
03-28-2005, 01:08 PM
I like this one since it matches my plates :thumbup: :lmao:

OG Skooler
03-28-2005, 01:31 PM

Yes, that's a cool design for the shirts.

Kurt Martin
03-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Any shirt that says Bimmerfest on it is cool by definition. I'll take one of each style in XL please :D

Viv
03-29-2005, 08:21 PM
:lmao:

In My Arrogant Opinion - oh, that wasn't nice. :tsk:

operknockity
03-29-2005, 11:00 PM
In My Arrogant Opinion - oh, that wasn't nice. :tsk:
Huh????? I was laughing WITH you, not AT you.

Viv
03-29-2005, 11:59 PM
Huh????? I was laughing WITH you, not AT you.

Oh, OK. BTW, how come I can't see that pretty blue car of yours in your signature? :dunno:

Kurt Martin
03-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Oh, OK. BTW, how come I can't see that pretty blue car of yours in your signature? :dunno:
Yeah operknockity, what's up with the red X? I've been wondering about your delinquent sig lately :mad:

doeboy
03-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Yeah operknockity, what's up with the red X? I've been wondering about your delinquent sig lately :mad:

typo in his sig...

opernockity.com instead of operknockity.com...

BMWenthusiast
03-30-2005, 01:45 AM
the german plate design is cool, and so is the one with bimmerfest on the back with teh sponsors, either would be cool

operknockity
03-30-2005, 05:15 AM
BTW, how come I can't see that pretty blue car of yours in your signature? :dunno:
Yeah operknockity, what's up with the red X? I've been wondering about your delinquent sig lately
typo in his sig... opernockity.com instead of operknockity.com...
Because I haven't had that picture of my car (and the LA Chapter logo and the B&M logo) in my signature for quite a while now.

However, I was experimenting with another picture in my sig about a week ago, but it wasn't quite working correctly. I thought I had removed it but apparently I forgot to save my sig one last time after removing it. And I didn't see anything wrong cause I don't see any red "x" in my browser.

The new picture was a small animated GIF, but while the animation works fine in a GIF viewer (IrfanView) and when displayed all by itself in a browser window, it would only cycle 2 times when used in my signature and then I would get an error about "invalid picture format" or some such like that. I was gonna try and figure out what was wrong later, but never got around to it.

marvelphx
03-30-2005, 04:52 PM
I am working on a much closer final design tonight, I got the go ahead to get these put to work. Unfortunately, the long sleeves aren't cost effective, so they will be short sleeves.

I will get the new one up tonight if I have time.

Spectre
03-30-2005, 10:37 PM
that's cool. long sleeve will be nice. i wish i picked one up from 2003.

i don't like the first two that were posted.I'm pretty sure the 2003 shirt is still available from BMW of Santa Barbara.

Brad323i
04-02-2005, 01:23 AM
Sorry is it was already said, but how much are these going to cost? I like the 2nd design best!

marvelphx
04-02-2005, 03:48 AM
The shirt design is finalized. I finished it tonight...

They will cost around $10... in sizes M, L, XL, XXL

OG Skooler
04-02-2005, 10:09 PM

Which design did you end up using?

BMWenthusiast
04-02-2005, 11:19 PM

cool, ill take 3 :D

scottn2retro
04-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Yes, and

c) Availability in that royal blue color that past shirts/caps have been available in.

There are some past models still available (shirts and hats) with the embroidered logo:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88720

Ty Vil
04-04-2005, 01:01 AM
you gotta get long sleeves too todd.

marvelphx
04-05-2005, 02:35 AM
Unfortunately, they are cost prohibitive and BMW Santa Barbara is fronting the costs, so it is short sleeves this year. You can't beat a $10 shirt and you'll like the final design... so :P