PDA

View Full Version : '05 Washer fluid capacity

rrinker
03-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Silly? Yes. According to the manual, WITHOUT headlamp washers, the capacity is supposed to be 3.2 US Quarts. WITH headlamp washers, 6.9 US quarts.

Well, when the wife came home tonight, she said the washer fluid light was on. So I checked it out. Almost empty. Opened up a fresh gallon jug and - IT TOOK THE WHOLE THING and is still not fiilled to the top. And I do NOT have headlamp washers. Someone screw up at the factory and put the bigger container in my X3? I have the build sheet, I know a LITTLE German but I can't figure out if any of those items actually refers to the washer fluid reservoir.

No big deal - so I have larger capacity, just means fewer fillups. Just wondering if the manual is a misprint, or someone either grabbed the wrong part at the factory or they were short of the smaller ones so they kept production going by using the big one.

--Randy

alpinewhite325i
03-22-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure what the capacity of mine is (e46 with no headlamp washers), but it takes over a gallon as well.

indianboy821
04-11-2005, 08:55 PM
I have an x3 with headlamp washers and it eats wiper fluid! I get about three squirts of the wiper fluid per tank. It needs a bigger tank or an option to turn the headlamp washers off!

x3man
04-12-2005, 04:24 AM
I have an x3 with headlamp washers and it eats wiper fluid! I get about three squirts of the wiper fluid per tank. It needs a bigger tank or an option to turn the headlamp washers off!

It drinks it like a fish does water. I like headlamp washers but I don't like automatic headlamp washers that you have no control over. I would prefer a separate switch to turn them on and off as needed.