PDA

View Full Version : euro clear plus painted housing

MPoWeRMAN
03-25-2005, 09:50 AM
got euro clear corners on ebay, had angel eyes installed, and had the black housing painted to match the car!! you can see pics on my sig

Woody
03-25-2005, 09:56 AM
SWEEEEETTTTTTTTT!!! :bigpimp: I want that too! You rule! Can I copy you?

What brand? I don't have Xenons though. :cry:

MPoWeRMAN
03-25-2005, 10:11 AM
the angel eyes were installed by UMNITZA.COM, and they can install them weather you have xenons or not, the plastic cover needs to be baked off to install angel eyes and the black housing can be removed, by the way, for those of you without xenons, I am selling my original stock xenon assemblys, i am going to put them on ebay soon, they are brand new, only driven about 500 miles until i got the euro clears

Woody
03-25-2005, 12:19 PM
the angel eyes were installed by UMNITZA.COM, and they can install them weather you have xenons or not, the plastic cover needs to be baked off to install angel eyes and the black housing can be removed, by the way, for those of you without xenons, I am selling my original stock xenon assemblys, i am going to put them on ebay soon, they are brand new, only driven about 500 miles until i got the euro clears

So, you bought euro headlight assy.'s & sent them to Umnitza & they installed the angel eyes & painted the inside housings?

MPoWeRMAN
03-25-2005, 12:38 PM
yep, they sent the housing to a local body shop for painting, they did an excellent job!

toetoe
03-25-2005, 01:13 PM
yep, they sent the housing to a local body shop for painting, they did an excellent job!

MPoWeRMAN,
your x3 looks very nice! i have a question about the aero kit....so you have the option to just install the front portion? how much did that cost? and how much did painting the rest of the bumpers cost? does the paint go well with the rest of the car (meaning does it look almost the same compared to installing the complete aero kit?) I think the complete kit is a bit expensive...and looks like painting some would be one way to save cost? please advise.

Thanks in advance!

MPoWeRMAN
03-25-2005, 01:49 PM
yes, you can buy the front bumper only for the aero kit (part number 51-11-0-306-061) list price on that is $732, my dealer gave it to me for $482, then you need the fog lights (part number 63-17-6-910-791 and 63-17-6-910-792) my dealer gave them to me for $64 each, and brackets (part number 51-11-0-305-015 and 51-11-0-305-016) for $8 each. A body shop painted, and installed the bumper, painted the side trim, rear bumper, and trim around the outside mirrors for $1250 total, which included some body work on the bumper, I have the cold package and decided at the last minute to eliminate the headlight washers (I only got the cold package for the heated seats and ski bag) so they covered up the holes on the aero kit bumper. If you dont have the cold package, your bumper might be a different part number. It looks great, and in my opinion, the sides and back look better than the aero kit if you paint them. Make sure your body shop prepps the bumpers really good so the paint will adhere good. They also need to use a flex additive in the paint. Good luck!!!!

Laosk
03-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Wow! :thumbup:
That is a sweet looking X3.

You should post some more full size photos when you get the chance. Would love to see some more of larger ones from all around the car.
Do you have your windshield tinted?
What percent for your tints?
Can I ask anymore questions?
Is it beer :30 yet?

:)

Woody
03-25-2005, 05:47 PM

So If I was interested in buying your Xenon assy.'s I could send them out to have angel eyes put in them & could Umnitza just remove the amber reflector? I wonder how it would look without a reflector? Would your Xenons just plug into my car & then I would have to get them coded at the dealer?

MPoWeRMAN
03-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Wow! :thumbup:
That is a sweet looking X3.

You should post some more full size photos when you get the chance. Would love to see some more of larger ones from all around the car.
Do you have your windshield tinted?
What percent for your tints?
Can I ask anymore questions?
Is it beer :30 yet?

:)
I have the darkest tint (Limo) on all windows, plus privacy glass, windsheild is not tinted, its harder to see out at night, but u get used to it, I'll post some more pics soon!!!

MPoWeRMAN
03-25-2005, 07:38 PM
So If I was interested in buying your Xenon assy.'s I could send them out to have angel eyes put in them & could Umnitza just remove the amber reflector? I wonder how it would look without a reflector? Would your Xenons just plug into my <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.************.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=car%20amp" ***********="window.status='car &'; return true;" **********="window.status=''; return true;">car &</a>; then I would have to get them coded at the dealer?

Woody, almost, first, the reflector, I found that the euro clears are the same assembly, just a shiny silver reflector instead of the amber one, I would assume that if you find someone in europe that would be willing to buy the shiny silver reflector and ship it to you, (that part cannot be ordered here in the states, but people from europe post here often) it can be swapped out, and you're done. If you remove the reflector, you can see wires and stuff behind it, I checked. Another option would be painting the reflector silver, but I'm not sure how that would look. As for the Xenons, from what I understand, they are not completly plug and play, but it is not difficult to make them work, I think you need a wire adaptor. You would also need to buy the ignitor, one for each side, $80 a piece. I'm gonna put the headlight assemblys up on e-bay probably tomorrow.

Woody
03-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the response! I am not in the position to purchase just yet.

MPoWeRMAN
03-26-2005, 09:14 AM
No problem, they are now on ebay if anyone is interested!!