PDA

View Full Version : Went out and done did it... ordered a 3.0 X3.

adc
03-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Well almost... we signed up for late June Euro Delivery on a 2005 3.0 X3 for my wife. We ordered a somewhat unusual color combo - Highland Green with Terracotta, but we both liked it very much. We also got Premium, Sport, Heated seats, Xenons, Stick, light wood.

We also looked at a Jet Black car (out initial color choice) sitting next to a Highland Green and decided for the latter. The green showed dirt to a far lesser extent that the black, yet it blended very well with the black bumpers. A very interesting color for sure - although I suspect not to everyone's liking.

As far as the other debated option - sport - my wife actually would not consider the car without it. She said it made her feel safer, more connected - and more like her current 98 A4 Sport. :p

We decided to get the Premium because we wanted leather and Bluetooth integration - :dunno: - and are indifferent to the lumbar support, but after adding up the options a la carte it seemed to make sense.

So now it's on to an agonizing wait until we can drive that baby up and down the Alps...

Does anybody have any experience with the BMW bike carriers? I would favor one of the 2 rear carriers as being more convenient to operate, but would appreciate any real world experiences with any carrier.

adc
03 330 ZHP

tonymey
03-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Congrats on becoming a member of the X3 family. I currently live here in germany (US Military)and I guaratee you will have a blast up and down those Alps and on the speed unlimited german autobahn. If you have the opportunity visit the resort of Garmish-Partenkirchen, Germany. it's right on the border of Austria/Germany just 60 miles south of Munich. While you are there take the cable cart up to the higest point in Germany (zugspitz) and have a beer at the highest Bier Garden in Germany :beerchug: from 10000 feet and see the beauty.
http://www.garmisch-partenkirchen.de

:thumbup:

adc
03-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Congrats on becoming a member of the X3 family. I currently live here in germany (US Military)and I guaratee you will have a blast up and down those Alps and on the speed unlimited german autobahn. If you have the opportunity visit the resort of Garmish-Partenkirchen, Germany. it's right on the border of Austria/Germany just 60 miles south of Munich. While you are there take the cable cart up to the higest point in Germany (zugspitz) and have a beer at the highest Bier Garden in Germany :beerchug: from 10000 feet and see the beauty.
http://www.garmisch-partenkirchen.de

:thumbup:

Thank you, I was planning to :).

Our itinerary may also include Prague, Vienna and Salzburg...

adc