PDA

View Full Version : Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires

JG
03-28-2005, 07:25 PM
My Canadian (eh) version X3 3.0i (non sport) comes with Michelin HX MXM4 tires.

I just picked up the vehicle this week and I am extremely impressed and (frankly stunned) with the handling, fit and finish of the vehicle. :rofl:

However after doing some Google searches on the stock tires - the reviews seem to indicate this tire was not very impressive.

I think a recent BF thread referred to Pirreli Scorpions being standard on US models.

Anyone with a season or two experience with the Michelins have any comments - especially in winter conditions?

It sounds like a performance summer tire - with a few extra treads thrown in to rate it as all-season. The Tire-com whatever site gave good marks for dry handling but so-so for wet, and poor for light snow.

My plan is to get winter tires and rims anyway - but I would be interested in others experiences with this tire.

iChick
03-28-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm in California and I have the Michelins on my X3. I took it to the snow last week and it was impressive in its handling.

operknockity
03-28-2005, 08:52 PM
The HX MXM4s are summer grand touring tires. The ratings for this tire on Tire Rack's web site are kinda midling... Not great at anything, but not terrible either. They were fine for me on my 3er, though they tramlined quite a bit (but not anywhere near what my new ES100's are doing :( ), but I never took them beyound the normal weather conditions in SoCal. I don't think I'd want to take them in to the snow, especially not without all wheel drive.