PDA

View Full Version : Pick up my X3 Tommorrow

B r i a n
03-28-2005, 09:02 PM
After six weeks from dropping off my X3 in Zurich on European delivery, my X3 has arrived! :drive: I pick her up tomorrow.
I have enjoyed reading the forums and now will finally be able to contribute.

X3 3.0i
Silver Gray
Gray Leather
Light wood
Premium Package
Nav
Xenon
Heated Seats
Premium Sound
Aux
Sat Prep
[IMG]

JG
03-28-2005, 10:27 PM
I picked mine up in the last few days - and it is quite a thrill to finally be driving this machine.

Good luck and enjoy..................

JonathanIT
03-28-2005, 11:26 PM
After six weeks from dropping off my X3 in Zurich on European delivery, my X3 has arrived! :drive: I pick her up tomorrow.
I have enjoyed reading the forums and now will finally be able to contribute.

X3 3.0i
Silver Gray
Gray Leather
Light wood
Premium Package
Nav
Xenon
Heated Seats
Premium Sound
Aux
Sat Prep
[IMG]
:hi: Hi and welcome to the 'fest!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: and congrats on finally getting your Bimmer stateside!! Looks great, but you MUST post more pics after you take delivery.

Enjoy in good health!

--J.

newdad
03-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Hey, nice looking X3 :thumbup: -- I have an exact same one, exterier-wise :D .
Welcome to the fest and see you on I-66! ;)

ICEBERG
03-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Congrats, Enjoy. :thumbup:

jdeday
03-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Congratulations!

Woody
03-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Brian,

Let us know how it went after you pick her up today!

B r i a n
03-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks for everyones enthusiasum, It took only about 30 minutes to pick up the X3, much quicker then a thought. It is great to have the X3 again - I was driving a '93 F-150 for the last three months, so the X3 felt more of a spots car then my old '91 Miata (Which the X3 replaced). The X3 is driving great, no squeaks, rattles or odd noises, MPG has been 18.5 in bad Washington Traffic - which seems good to me.

The dealer did not have a complete set of owner/warrenty manuals or a case for the owner manual. When I pick up the X3 in Germany they just gave me a white paper sleve with a generic X3 owners manual (no year indicated) and couple of books on what to d if I get in a accident in Europe. Luckily I did not need to use them. The dealer said he would check with European delivery and whould get back to me on them - hasn't yet.

I asked the dealer about programing the car for the different key and operation functions (i.e. automatic locking doors when above 5 mph, opening of all windows and sunroof with the key). He mentioned I need to read through the manual and make a list for them and bring it back to them to program. I expected to see a table or list in the manual, but in the manual I have it is scattered throught. I will have to take some time to make a list, and then decide what I like.

Lastly, after I brought the car home I noticed that the dealer forgot to install the Aux Adapter in the glove box. I called him back and mentioned it to him, He aploigized - he forgot. I asked if he would give me a BMW credit, instead of bringing the X3 back to be installed. He told me he would ask and get back to me - hasn't yet.

I expected the dealer to go through a check list or through a very orderly process. It was not at all just a "do you have any questions".

I had a feeling after I left that he thought Eurpoean Delivery took car of the whole process.

I am interested in ICE link Plus for my IPOD (placed in the armrest). I took apart the arm rest (yes first day I have the X3 I take apart the armrest - something felt wierd about that) to see what cales I have - no coax cables but my sticker does indicate I have DSP, attached is a picture of the cables - I e-mailed the picture to densionusa to ask them what I should order.

The X3 is awsome, it handles much better the most sedans. I understand why BMW does not call it a SUV - it realy is a very Sporty 4 door Hatchback with very good ground clearance, and good size backseats. It is one of those vehicals you need to drive for a day or two to understand.
Needless to say I am very Happy with the X3.cool:

Woody
03-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi Brian, & Congrats!

See this link:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=972912#post972912

You don't have coax cables (normal) just 2 plugs that will plug into an Icelink or Blitzsafe.