PDA

View Full Version : Does the X3 Cost Less in the U.S than Canada?

ICEBERG
03-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Hi guy's

My 2.5i X3 came to $53K Canadian. I configured one on the BMWUSA site and was almost $38K U.S. That's like $45K canadian. Any reason for the $8K price difference?

calgaryx3
03-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that we get more options as standard than our US brethren?

That said, I did some mental arithmetic, and came to the same conclusion; the car is a tad more expensive here than in the US. The same can be said for my last vehicle; a 2001 Honda S2000 which I paid $49,000 CAD for. The same car at the time was priced at only $32K USD. :tsk:

Asif

LDV330i
03-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that we get more options as standard than our US brethren?

That said, I did some mental arithmetic, and came to the same conclusion; the car is a tad more expensive here than in the US. The same can be said for my last vehicle; a 2001 Honda S2000 which I paid $49,000 CAD for. The same car at the time was priced at only $32K USD. :tsk:

Asif
Do Canadian prices include GST?:dunno:

Actually I though Canadian versions were decontented to be able offer lower base prices that here in the States, hence you get models lke 320i. I know that when I bought my 318ti, I noticed that the rear wiper and 10 speaker audio system standard in the US were optional in CDN.

I noticed that in the 330i the HK system is a $950CDN option. :rolleyes: I also saw that free maintenance is limited to 36 months. :yikes:

calgaryx3
03-30-2005, 06:36 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong ICEBERG, but I believe the prices quoted are *plus* GST, or at least they were in my calculations, making the vehicle that much more.

As for options, the Xs here come with more options than comparable models in the US. For instance, my 3.0L came with heated/electric seats, Xenon lights, chrome grill garnish and privacy glass as standard, options which I believe are add-ons in the good 'ol
US of A :)

Asif

JPinTO
03-30-2005, 07:31 AM
You are using a current 1.2 exchange rate. Perhaps the prices were nailed when the exchange was closer to 1.5

Aaron325iT
03-31-2005, 08:57 PM
wow how did your 2.5i come to 53k?

the 3.0i i just ordered only came to 53k before discount. Admittedly mine is a base 3.0i with only sunroof, PDC and heated wheel but still. I'm in Toronto if that helps.

the dealer tried to flog me a 2.5i with premium and activity for ~50k but i thought i would rather have the 3 litre engine (and the 14l/100km consumption!).

ICEBERG
03-31-2005, 09:44 PM
wow how did your 2.5i come to 53k?

the 3.0i i just ordered only came to 53k before discount. Admittedly mine is a base 3.0i with only sunroof, PDC and heated wheel but still. I'm in Toronto if that helps.

the dealer tried to flog me a 2.5i with premium and activity for ~50k but i thought i would rather have the 3 litre engine (and the 14l/100km consumption!).

Price one out on BMW.ca with the options in my sig. and you will see. :) The 3.0i i wanted came to $62K and a 3 month wait. The $9000K difference did not justify the 40HP difference. The 2.5i has enough get up and go for our family.

Besides i have an 12 sec. 1/4 car for the track. ;)

Aaron325iT
04-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Price one out on BMW.ca with the options in my sig. and you will see. :) The 3.0i i wanted came to $62K and a 3 month wait. The $9000K difference did not justify the 40HP difference. The 2.5i has enough get up and go for our family.

Besides i have an 12 sec. 1/4 car for the track. ;)

Like the sound of that other car you have Iceberg!

I didn't mean to knock your choice, it's just that I liked the sound of the 3.0i pakage better. I'm probably missing a few of the toys you have :( Judging by the price does yours have the Sport package? Also, do you have the DSP or standard stereo?

My buyer's remorse is starting and I'm wondering what I'm missing out on!

ICEBERG
04-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Like the sound of that other car you have Iceberg!

I didn't mean to knock your choice, it's just that I liked the sound of the 3.0i pakage better. I'm probably missing a few of the toys you have :( Judging by the price does yours have the Sport package? Also, do you have the DSP or standard stereo?

My buyer's remorse is starting and I'm wondering what I'm missing out on!

3.0i definitly has more power, specially with the 6spd. I opted not to have the sport package because of the ride quality. But if you can get a 3.0i for a good price go for it. good luck.

P.S My 12 sec car is a 99 mustang GT Supercharged with lot of extras. :bigpimp: