PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Bug Shield or Chrome Grill guard?

DeanQ
03-30-2005, 09:14 PM
I can't find anyone on any of the other BMW forums boards that own either the bug shield or the Chrome Stainless Grille Guard. Anyone here bought either one and has pics and their thoughts on it?

I want to see it on a users car vs the catalog.

http://i19.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/eb/ac/37_1.JPG

http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/2d/fc/6b_1.JPG

fill007
03-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Looking for the same thing my self. Want to invest but I have not seen actual X3's with them on.

Was quoted $555 at the local dealer, wonder how hard it would be to DIY.

14U2NV
03-31-2005, 10:59 AM
I saw the grille guard in the showroom at BMW of Bayside (NY) last saturday, on a Jet Black 3.0. Though I have never been one for add-ons and bling bling, I have to admit that it did look good. I tried to search for it to find its price. Before I came across it at www.membrane.com, I found a similar one at 4x4x4.com. I was taken aback when I saw the photo because it looked totaly different than the one I had seen at the dealer few hours before and it looked UGLY like a sin: it is not as wide as the one that is available by the dealer. The wider (original?) part looks much better. I just placed my order yesterday for an X3 3.0 and locked in the rates. Yet I am already thinking to order the part. I have a friend with a shop so I will installed it there myself with his help. The dealer had it as a $995.95 dealer installed accessory. I believe I saw it at a different site for BMW parts at $444. However, I have surfed so much in researching this car in the past few weeks that I have lost track. I will try to look for it again tonight and post it but I cannot promise that I will find it.
Though this type of an accessory is of personal preference and with high WAF dependency (Wife Approval Factor :angel: ), I recommend it. It is powerful, yet not very loud looking. And if you do not like it there is always ebay...

ICEBERG
03-31-2005, 11:22 AM
If anyone can find the bug shield let us know. I am looking for one also.

calgaryx3
03-31-2005, 12:13 PM
ICEBERG,

Ron Roberts (sales) at BMW Gallery in Crowfoot told me a bug shield was available here. I declined, since I didn't like it's appearance, from the pictures at least.

Asif

adc
03-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Since the car's original weight distribution is 49.5% front, 50.5% rear - the grille guard may actually improve this to a perfect 50-50.

Otherwise I think it's the most useless way to spend $500 on the X3...

Just my opinion.

adc
03 330 ZHP

DeanQ
03-31-2005, 01:07 PM
If anyone can find the bug shield let us know. I am looking for one also.

You can find that on ebay for $55. There is a BMW dealer that sells a bunch of BMW stuff including the X3.

Also try www.circlebmw.com or www.pacificbmw.com these are the 2 most known dealers to sell the cheapest BMW parts vs the local stealer.

I saw the grille guard in the showroom at BMW of Bayside (NY) last saturday, on a Jet Black 3.0. Though I have never been one for add-ons and bling bling, I have to admit that it did look good. I tried to search for it to find its price. Before I came across it at www.membrane.com, I found a similar one at 4x4x4.com. I was taken aback when I saw the photo because it looked totaly different than the one I had seen at the dealer few hours before and it looked UGLY like a sin: it is not as wide as the one that is available by the dealer. The wider (original?) part looks much better. I just placed my order yesterday for an X3 3.0 and locked in the rates. Yet I am already thinking to order the part. I have a friend with a shop so I will installed it there myself with his help. The dealer had it as a $995.95 dealer installed accessory. I believe I saw it at a different site for BMW parts at $444. However, I have surfed so much in researching this car in the past few weeks that I have lost track. I will try to look for it again tonight and post it but I cannot promise that I will find it.
Though this type of an accessory is of personal preference and with high WAF dependency (Wife Approval Factor :angel: ), I recommend it. It is powerful, yet not very loud looking. And if you do not like it there is always ebay...

www.circlebmw.com or www.pacificbmw.com these are the 2 most known dealers to sell the cheapest BMW parts vs the local stealer. They had it for about $444 at one of those 2 sites above. I saw it for $416 on ebay from a BMW dealership.

fill007
03-31-2005, 01:42 PM
I'm in San Francisco CA, Pacific BMW works out great for me. I may just do a road trip for this part at Gledale Ca.

Just to let you guys know that most dealers I called about this part, they won't deliver cause its freight only.

14U2NV
03-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Pls post your opinion and if you go for it, a photo or two. I am expecting X3 delivery in mid-May, so I want to time the grille delivery.
Thx
:p

Veinard
04-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Hi, everyone! I just bought a set of Chrome grilles on Ebay for $134.90 w/shipping. It seems too good to be true, but the seller has an excellente reputation. By the way I'm new to this forum. I plan to pick up my X3 end of May. I will post a picture as soon as I get them installed! ;)

14U2NV
04-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi, everyone! I just bought a set of Chrome grilles on Ebay for $134.90 w/shipping. It seems too good to be true, but the seller has an excellente reputation. By the way I'm new to this forum. I plan to pick up my X3 end of May. I will post a picture as soon as I get them installed! ;)
What is the seller's info? Are they supposed to be original parts? There seem to be more than one variation out there and not all look the same. Can you post a link / photos of the ones you bought?
PS. I am also expecting delivery mid-end of May. I ordered Blk Saphire/step auto/gray leather/cold weather/premium/privacy glass/heated steering/xenons/sat prep. I am curious to see if the Bluetooth will pair with a Treo 650 which I have been waiting to get my hands on since January of 04 but posponed b/c of the threads I read here. For the moment I will stick with my T610 that is in the approved list. :tsk:

Veinard
04-01-2005, 03:30 PM
RoverActive (http://stores.ebay.com/RoverActive_BMW-X3-X5-Accessories_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm) What is the seller's info? Are they supposed to be original parts? There seem to be more than one variation out there and not all look the same. Can you post a link / photos of the ones you bought?
PS. I am also expecting delivery mid-end of May. I ordered Blk Saphire/step auto/gray leather/cold weather/premium/privacy glass/heated steering/xenons/sat prep. I am curious to see if the Bluetooth will pair with a Treo 650 which I have been waiting to get my hands on since January of 04 but posponed b/c of the threads I read here. For the moment I will stick with my T610 that is in the approved list. :tsk:

I don't have pictures yet, but here are the seller's infos on EBay: RoverActive (http://stores.ebay.com/RoverActive_BMW-X3-X5-Accessories_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm)

ICEBERG
04-01-2005, 03:55 PM
ICEBERG,

Ron Roberts (sales) at BMW Gallery in Crowfoot told me a bug shield was available here. I declined, since I didn't like it's appearance, from the pictures at least.

Asif

Thank's Asif. I won't buy it if i don't like it. I figured it might look good on the Sapphire black. Will let you guy's know if i decide to go with it.

14U2NV
04-01-2005, 04:41 PM
RoverActive (http://stores.ebay.com/RoverActive_BMW-X3-X5-Accessories_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm)

I don't have pictures yet, but here are the seller's infos on EBay: RoverActive (http://stores.ebay.com/RoverActive_BMW-X3-X5-Accessories_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm)
I think we are talking about different things. I believe you mean the kidney grilles. The thread talks about the bumper grille guard. Like the photo on the 1st post of this thread (which also shows the kidney grilles)