BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Antenna fix

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cs1221 
#1 ·
I need to replace the seal on the power antenna. It is just a little piece of fubber that fits where it meets the body. This piece costs all of $1.50, but my mechanic said it takes about an hour 1/2 of work because you have to pull the whole thing out for some reason. My question is: Does anyone know what steps I would need to follow to accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 ·
look behind the interior trim in the trunk. you will see where the antenna mounts up. i can't remember for sure, i think it is two or three bolts. unsecure these bolts as well as the metal collar on the outside (the one that goes around the mast above the gasket). then it should just slide out, you might need unclip the wire harness as well.
do this with the antenna in the down position. should be super easy and about a half hour max.

#3 ·
Did mine not too long ago - pulled the interior carpet trim back and unbolted the antenna unit as described by pup. I didn't have to remove the metal collar as most of the old rubber gasket was brittle and broken. Popped in the new gasket from outside, lubricating the opening with a little Griot's Speed Shine and gently helping to push the gasket to place with a small screw driver, being very careful not to mar the paint by putting an old credit card between the screw driver and paint. Took all of about 10-15 minutes, if I recall. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.