PDA

View Full Version : Blinking Lights when remote locking?

spoonace
04-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi, I'm new to the board, one question - Is it possible to have the dealer program the external lights or turn signals to flash when the X3 is locked via the remote? It'd be nice, as it's not that easy to verify the X3 is locked properly as I walk away...

I've learned a lot on this board... BTW we recently bought a new 2004 X3 2.5 with automatic, premium, xenons, leather, etc for 34k (6k under MSRP). I realized there are a lot of little differences with the 2005s, but this deal was too good to pass up.

Thanks!

b-y
04-04-2005, 02:36 PM
It is possible to have the dealer do this. You can find the programming options checklist here or get one from the dealer. Some dealers only do this if the optional alarm is installed, others will do it for any X3. And, sometimes the programming just doesn't want to work without the alrm, even if the dealer is willing.

echelon153
04-04-2005, 03:15 PM
mine was already as such when i picked it up from the dealer and i have no alarm installed.

iChick
04-04-2005, 03:17 PM
mine was already as such when i picked it up from the dealer and i have no alarm installed.

Mine was too.

bill92
04-04-2005, 06:19 PM

Mine was too...

JG
04-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Mine was too.

Ditto......

ffchun
04-04-2005, 09:21 PM
I like the option of not hearing the alarm, everytime I activate the car :rofl:

DeanQ
04-04-2005, 09:32 PM
I have no alarm on my X3. I had to get the dealer to turn on the flashing lights when you lock/unlock the car, they turned on the feature to where when you lock the car the seats and mirrors adjust to the specific key and they turned on the auto door lock feature when you drive past 4mph. I'm going back later this week to get the auto sunroof open and window rolldown feature activated by holding the unlock key for 2 secs.

Whatever you do, do not pay the stealer for activating these features. Mine tried to charge me. Freakin' Stealers.

x3man
04-05-2005, 07:46 AM
A friend in MA said the dealer tried to charge him $80 for enabling each feature!!! He found out after they did the work so he refused and they disabled them. CROOKS!

x3man
04-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Anyone know how the dealer enables the options? Can we do it ourselves????

ICEBERG
04-05-2005, 09:49 AM
I also have the blinking lights. I think your dealer has to program it for you.

spoonace
04-05-2005, 02:38 PM
thanks for all the quick replies - i'll have to add that to the dealer wish-list, along with door-lock at 10mph.

Laosk
04-05-2005, 04:12 PM
A friend in MA said the dealer tried to charge him $80 for enabling each feature!!! He found out after they did the work so he refused and they disabled them. CROOKS!

:yikes: That is outrageous!
I have heard of dealers doing the first program for free and charging for the next, but the charge was only like $60-$80 for the WHOLE process. Not for each feature.

I think I would be talking to the manager at that place and/or heading to another dealer.

Anyone know how the dealer enables the options? Can we do it ourselves????

I'll see if I can find out when I take mine in to get it reprogrammed this week.