PDA

View Full Version : Clock Setting and MP3s

Kattie89
04-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Hi...

K, you guys know that the X3 comes with about 12 different user manuals...I can't figure out how to set the clock! If I had the sophisticated system, I would be able to turn it from 12 hour time to 24 hour time...But I can't find where they tell you how to simply set the clock!

Also, there was a discussion on MP3 CD's, and most people said they work fine.

My radio says "Business CD" on it, I don't know if that's the same system most people have, but when I play CDs that I've burned myself, Track #4 usually produces some sort of error that stops the CD and turns the radio on. It happens w/ other tracks, but consistently w/ track #4, and only on burned CDs....

Any ideas???

This is the first auto clock that I haven't been able to figure out how to set...I'm usually the person who gets in someone's car and fixes the clock!!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

keep off median
04-05-2005, 01:29 PM
You set the clock via the onboard computer above the steering column. I have a 2004 X3 which does not play mp3's. I do have the IPod adapter which works excellent!

Rob V
04-05-2005, 01:30 PM
I can't comment on the clock as I don't have my X3 yet but I'm very surprised by the comment on Track#4 of burned CDs. My current Freelander does the very same thing! I have some burned CDs that will stop playing if I try to play track#4. That's very strange. :eek: Once thing that I've done to get around that problem it to Fast Forward from the end of track #3 until you get into Track#4. It's no solution by any means but it works on my player.

Kattie89
04-05-2005, 01:43 PM
That's funny, that's what I've been doing too!

But I was reading that other people aren't having any trouble...So what's wrong w/ my bimmer!!!

Thanks for the info on the clock! I can't wait to change it...One of my pet peeves is wrong clocks!

Tayrum
04-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi...

K, you guys know that the X3 comes with about 12 different user manuals...I can't figure out how to set the clock! If I had the sophisticated system, I would be able to turn it from 12 hour time to 24 hour time...But I can't find where they tell you how to simply set the clock!

Also, there was a discussion on MP3 CD's, and most people said they work fine.

My radio says "Business CD" on it, I don't know if that's the same system most people have, but when I play CDs that I've burned myself, Track #4 usually produces some sort of error that stops the CD and turns the radio on. It happens w/ other tracks, but consistently w/ track #4, and only on burned CDs....

Any ideas???

This is the first auto clock that I haven't been able to figure out how to set...I'm usually the person who gets in someone's car and fixes the clock!!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

To change the clock use the two buttons on your dash. You press the little button that shows the clock for a few seconds, the time will start to flash and you then press the button on the left until you get the hour you want.

Hope this helps. I agree, the instruction books are a pain. Why they could not put all information in one is beyond me!

jdeday
04-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Is your Track #4 problem with every CD you have burned? Did you place the songs into folders, if so, does it happein with every track #4 song?

My radio plays track #4 fine.

Are you using CD-R's for CD-RW's?

I'm using CD-R's.

Jeff

x3man
04-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Also, don't use multi-session when you burn the cd.

Jalli
04-05-2005, 04:39 PM
switch to a different burning software