PDA

View Full Version : Wen't to pick up my chrome exhaust tips.

ICEBERG
04-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Well phoned the dealer today, asked them if they had chrome exhaust tips for my 2.5i. After the parts guy checked the inventory he said they had 4 in stock and would cost me $54.00 each(Canadian). So i agreed to pick them up tonight.

Well i go there and they said they don't have tips for 2.5i that i am looking for but they have S.S ones for $298.00 CND for the set. :yikes:

He showed me totally different exhaust tip kit that screws front of the exhaust which i never seen before. The parts manager told me that the tips i am looking for are no longer availiable because they don't stay on the exhaust tips properly.

Have you guy's ever heard of this? or is my Parts guy out to lunch? I wish i had the picture of it but i couln't find it anywhere.

JG
04-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Well phoned the dealer today, asked them if they had chrome exhaust tips for my 2.5i. After the parts guy checked the inventory he said they had 4 in stock and would cost me $54.00 each(Canadian). So i agreed to pick them up tonight.

Well i go there and they said they don't have tips for 2.5i that i am looking for but they have S.S ones for $298.00 CND for the set. :yikes:

He showed me totally different exhaust tip kit that screws front of the exhaust which i never seen before. The parts manager told me that the tips i am looking for are no longer availiable because they don't stay on the exhaust tips properly.

Have you guy's ever heard of this? or is my Parts guy out to lunch? I wish i had the picture of it but i couln't find it anywhere.

SS sounds more interesting than chrome?

I will be curious to see what has happened regarding the sudden change from chrome to SS, and the connection issue?

The BMW Canada web site still shows the chrome for $73.50 (I am not sure if that is for one or a pair).

dlflyboy
04-05-2005, 11:13 PM
I purchased mine from the dealer about two weeks ago. I got the ones that screw on. They work and look great! I've also seen them on ebay for about 10 dollars cheaper than what I paid.