PDA

View Full Version : Finally Ordered My X3!

Rob V
04-07-2005, 08:24 AM
I finally got everything finalized and ordered my X3 yesterday. Woohoo! :D I couldn't be happier. So what exactly happens now and approximately how long does it take? My sales rep was a pretty relaxed no-pressure guy which was good but also meant that he didn't give me enough detailed information. He said the car should be ready by about the middle or end of June but what happens in the mean time?

wheel-man
04-07-2005, 08:32 AM
A long wait... but, you can follow the birth of your baby and its journey across the ocean as it makes its way home to you.

Congrats on a great choice. Driving an '05 X3 loaner and am very impressed. My girlfriend is two steps away from being at the dealer to buy one she likes it so much.

What color combo did you order? 3.0 or 2.5? MT? Just curious...

Rob V
04-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Oh yeah, I guess I should give the specs huh. Duh! So here is what I ordered:

X3 3.0
Mystic Blue
Black Sensatec (more on this later)
Steptronic
Xenon
Heated Seats
Heated Sterring Wheel
Privacy Glass

My original wish list included just the Premium Package and Heated Seats but I figured that I could do withouth the BMW Assis, Bluetooth and Dimming Mirror. So I was basically paying $1,800 for the $1,450 leather option I really wanted. I could use that money towards more practical options. Also, I test drove a Sensatec model and I really like it. I know some people don't care for it much but I thought it was more than adequate and more practical considering that I have a couple of dogs. The cost savings from the leather and Prem Pack allowed me to get the Xenons and Privacy Glass that I really wanted and still get the price even lower than originally quoted. The heated seats is a must living in Colorado and the dealer was nice enough to discount the car a little to offset the cost of the heated steering wheel.

Overall I'm very happy with my choice and I can't wait to be driving that thing!!!

Rob V
04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Another quick note, I'm a llitle nervous about the Mystic Blue choice. I've seen plenty of pictures in Blue but they all have the Sport wheels which add to the overall look. I haven't ever seen one in person but I hear its one of the better color options on the X3 so I'm hoping I'm not dissapionted.

echelon153
04-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Congratulations Rob! We used to drive the LR Freelander as well until it was bought back by LR. The X3, IMO is a better vehicle overall. My wife wanted the Mystic Blue as well but they didn't have one in the lot w/ the options we wanted and did not want to wait so we settled for the SG.

climrgrl
04-07-2005, 09:56 AM
I ordered a mystic blue X3 too. I don't think you'll be disappointed, it really looks nice. Mine is now on its voyage across the Atlantic......you know about the Owner's Circle tracking, right? Just get your production number from the dealer and log in
https://oc.bmwusa.com/oemainlogin.asp
In the meantime, order your "free" copy of The Hire DVD and start the wait.....my dealer couldn't tell me any more information than what was available through the website tracking. I was surprised by how quickly the car was made -- I just wish transportation didn't take so long!

Rob V
04-07-2005, 10:18 AM
The Hire DVD huh? Does that have those BMW Films short movies? I've seen some of those online. Thanks for the link. I'll have to go register once I get my production number.

...We used to drive the LR Freelander as well until it was bought back by LR.

Wow, you had your Freelander bought back? How did you manage that and for what reasons? I have a laundry list of problems I've had with mine but none of them bad enough to have them buy it back.

ICEBERG
04-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Congrats on your purchase. How much did the dealer give you off your MSRP? What was the total price with options?

Enjoy.

Rob V
04-07-2005, 01:42 PM
The MSRP was $39,270 and the selling price was $38,032 with all options added. Of course they threw Bank and Document fees in there but the selling price was a still a little less then Edmunds.com TMV so I was happy with the deal. Maybe I could have gotten better but there is only 1 BMW dealership here in Colorado Springs (so they can be hard on the price) and the quotes I got from Denver weren't honoring the current .00100/61% lease promo. They said they hadn't even heard of the promo and they quoted me more than $60/mo more.

climrgrl
04-07-2005, 06:08 PM
The Hire DVD huh? Does that have those BMW Films short movies? I've seen some of those online.
Yep, it's the whole series of BMW short films. They're all pretty good plus have great BMW driving & stunts. You can download them all, too.
http://usa.bmwfilms.com/clap.asp?template=index&country=usa&film=&start=Y

jdeday
04-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Rob V,

I also have a Mystic Blue X3, I love the color. Attached are a few photos!

Jeff

Rob V
04-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Very Nice! Thanks for that jdeday. I think I'll like the Mystic Blue just fine. Quick question though....I thought all 2005 models has chrome kidney gills standard? I noticed yours are black. I also saw a document on this board that stated thesame thing. I asked the sales reps that I dealt with and they had not heard of this change. I don't know what to believe about this.

echelon153
04-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Wow, you had your Freelander bought back? How did you manage that and for what reasons? I have a laundry list of problems I've had with mine but none of them bad enough to have them buy it back.

Yes, and you'd never believe that the only thing wrong was the sunroof. It would not close at times and sometimes it closes with a small gap. They fixed it by replacing parts (i.e. tracks, motors, etc.) a couple of times and one time replaced the whole unit but to no avail. Mechanically there was nothing else wrong with the vehicle other than your usual TSB fixes and the dreaded sunroof. The dealership told me to just not use the sunroof---yeah, right! I hired Krohn and Moss, a Consumer Law Center. LR paid all my attny. fees and gave back almost all of what I paid for the vehicle minus $3K for usage. I put in 30K miles in 3 years and they still bought it back no questions. Although the process took 3 months. Worth the wait since now the X3 is here and it's far more fun to drive :thumbup:

jdeday
04-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Bobv

The kidney grilles are chrome but the vertical slats are black. There was a memo published by BMW that all 3.0 '05's where to get chrome kidney grilles and chrome window trim. It appears this was only slated for Canadian models; US models do not get this feature. There was a person that had the standard grille replaced with the chrome, check this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86312

Jeff

JG
04-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I finally got everything finalized and ordered my X3 yesterday. Woohoo! :D I couldn't be happier. So what exactly happens now and approximately how long does it take? My sales rep was a pretty relaxed no-pressure guy which was good but also meant that he didn't give me enough detailed information. He said the car should be ready by about the middle or end of June but what happens in the mean time?

Congratulations Rob V.

You will enjoy the car. The heated steering wheel is also a nice low cost option for cold climate areas.

I know it adds money - but the panorama roof is quite superb.

I have dogs also and the sensetac is good. It might be a bit of a pain to clean because of all the bubbling - but better than trying to repair nail scratches in leather.

If you want something to do during your wait you can download the manual in PDF format and learn about all the different operations.

Good luck.............

Rob V
04-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Yes, and you'd never believe that the only thing wrong was the sunroof. It would not close at times and sometimes it closes with a small gap. ....... I put in 30K miles in 3 years and they still bought it back no questions. Although the process took 3 months. Worth the wait since now the X3 is here and it's far more fun to drive :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing your experience on your Freelander. I think it's amazing that they bought your Freelander back for just the sunroof. That is actually just ONE of the long list of problems I had with mine. As a matter of fact, the sunroof had to be repaired for me twice as well but it is working fine now. I really do think the Freelander is great for it's intended purpose but the reliability and materials used are just terrible. If it wasn't for these problems I would not have even considered any other vehicle. It's a fun vehicle to drive and amazingly capable off road.

But I'm SO looking forward to driving my first "Bimmer." I never pictured myself ever driving one yet here I am awaiting the arrival of my X3. I realized this weekend that photos of the X3 don't do it any justice. Even standing still it looks kind of awkward but this weekend I finally saw a couple of them on the road and was impressed by how different it looks in motion. Almost like a different vehicle.