PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum - Few questions for 05 530i

netdoc
04-07-2005, 10:17 AM
I just bought the 05 530i with iDrive

Few questions:

1. Is there a way to shut off Seat belt warning alarm?

2. Is there an AUX for iPod?

3. If I replace the wheels to 18" staggerged setup from 545i Sport, will the car increase in height? Do I need to lower suspension?

Thanks

Ågent99
04-07-2005, 10:39 AM

Few questions:

3. If I replace the wheels to 18" staggerged setup from 545i Sport, will the car increase in height? Do I need to lower suspension?

Thanks
Now I only had 5 (glorious) days in my car in Europe before turning it back in to be shipped here but let me tell you what I know:

You cannot turn off the seat belt gong unless you are "in" good with your dealer and he might do you a favor and attempt to turn it off. This is similar to the "lawyer-ese" we get at the boot up of the NAV when you have to click "confirm" to the annoying message.

You have to get an AUX port installed for the iPod. I think the dealer can help there.

If you go to the exact same staggered setup that exists on the 545i, you shouldn't change the ride height one bit. The reason is that while going to a larger rim/wheel, your side profile of the tire is nearly similarly decreased so the net effect is no change.

lcc014
04-08-2005, 11:26 AM

Few questions:

Thanks

Seat belt warning alarm cannot be disable.

You can ask dealer to install the Aux input but iDrive integration is not avaliable yet. Not like 3-series or X-series.

Ching-Ho Cheng

netdoc
04-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Thanks

Few questions:

Thanks