PDA

View Full Version : 05 530i Suspension question?

netdoc
04-08-2005, 10:12 PM
What is the SPORT suspension on the 530i which comes with SPORTS Package?

How is it different from the one without the SPORT Package? Is it just lowered? if so how much lowered?

Thanks

jvr826
04-09-2005, 08:32 AM
What is the SPORT suspension on the 530i which comes with SPORTS Package?

How is it different from the one without the SPORT Package? Is it just lowered? if so how much lowered?

Thanks

I have no experience with the E60 530i with Sport, but I spent a day driving one without. If you are at all interested in crisp handling, do not get the car without the sport pkg. My E39 530i has sport pkg and the suspension on my car is orders of magnitude better than the non-sport version of the E60. I was very unimpressed with that car.

netdoc
04-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Do you know how exactly is the Suspension in the Sports Package is tuned? lowered by an inch or so? I have a E60 530i without the SPORT Pkg. So, I need to do something, either replace the springs and lower, which might give me better handling. right now, it is very floaty feeling.

jvr826
04-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Do you know how exactly is the Suspension in the Sports Package is tuned? lowered by an inch or so? I have a E60 530i without the SPORT Pkg. So, I need to do something, either replace the springs and lower, which might give me better handling. right now, it is very floaty feeling.

Floaty is a good way to describe it alright, more of a freeway cruiser kinda feel to it, but still confidence inspiring and comfy at high speeds. Not much of a canyon carver though.

If you're looking to improve the handling, I would probably look into an aftermarket setup. I'm not sure how much is available for the E60 just yet, but I'm sure all of the tuners will have something out eventually. You could probably go with the factory setup from your dealer as well - that would be easy to figure out if you like it by taking a test drive in a car that has it.

I can tell you that either way you go, spings, shocks/struts, and anti-roll bars will be what you get. I'm sure that there will be some drop to the ride height, inch to inch and a half is typical.

Dinan - nothing listed for E60 530i for chassis tuning

Eibach - nothing listed for E60 530i

H&R - Tire Rack lists a spring set and sway bars, springs lower 1.4" up front. 1.3" in rear. But you'll probably need to do the shocks/struts and sways to get the total package.

You may want to try one of the board sponsors... give them a call and ask some questions, tell them what you want out of your suspension upgrade and how you use your car mostly. I'm sure they can recommend something for you. Not many folks modding their E60 here, yet.

netdoc
04-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks