PDA

View Full Version : X3 shipping info

jshod
04-09-2005, 08:52 AM
We have a new X3 awaiting transport. My question is where is it shipped from and what dock will it be unloaded to. I live in southern Indiana. About how much longer will it take to get to my dealer?? I have the VIN and have been tracking it through the owners circle.

JG
04-09-2005, 05:42 PM
We have a new X3 awaiting transport. My question is where is it shipped from and what dock will it be unloaded to. I live in southern Indiana. About how much longer will it take to get to my dealer?? I have the VIN and have been tracking it through the owners circle.

This should work for X3's

Go to this site:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

"Customer Centre " menu on top - select 'Cargo tracking'

Then select 'Auto Cargo'

Just put in your VIN number and it will show you:

Booked date
Received at Terminal date
Loaded on vessel date
Discharged date
Delivered from date.

BTW you can enter this information for an older or current vehicle, and it will provide the same information history.

climrgrl
04-09-2005, 07:23 PM
This should work for X3's

Go to this site:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

"Customer Centre " menu on top - select 'Cargo tracking'

Then select 'Auto Cargo'

Just put in your VIN number and it will show you:

Booked date
Received at Terminal date
Loaded on vessel date
Discharged date
Delivered from date.

BTW you can enter this information for an older or current vehicle, and it will provide the same information history.
Thank you for the info, but this didn't work for me. :cry: On the BMW site, the status is "En Route", but when I entered my VIN on the 2wglobal site, it said, "No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered." :bawling: It has only been "En Route" for a couple of days, so is it just too early or is BMW using a different company?

x39339
04-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Thank you for the info, but this didn't work for me. :cry: On the BMW site, the status is "En Route", but when I entered my VIN on the 2wglobal site, it said, "No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered." :bawling: It has only been "En Route" for a couple of days, so is it just too early or is BMW using a different company?

Just curious, your car was in March production?

climrgrl
04-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Just curious, your car was in March production?

I placed the order March 7 and it was built by March 22. It has been "Awaiting Transport" for the past several weeks, and just this week went to "En Route" status. 8 full weeks from the time I placed the order will be May 3. And since I'm on the west coast, maybe it will take the full 8 weeks. Sigh.

obmd1
04-10-2005, 12:06 AM

For a 330CI that has just arrived, tracking info on the site most have referred to here has not been available. There was someone who noted that another company was used sometimes, but no link was offered.

Laosk
04-10-2005, 02:14 AM
It has only been "En Route" for a couple of days, so is it just too early or is BMW using a different company?

They may be using a different company.
While I was doing all the research as to how I could track mine, people also mentioned that NYK is also shipping BMW's.
Here is their website:
http://www.nyk.com
Unfortunately, it does not offer the tracking options like Wallenius Wilhelmsen.

iChick
04-10-2005, 09:22 AM
I placed the order March 7 and it was built by March 22. It has been "Awaiting Transport" for the past several weeks, and just this week went to "En Route" status. 8 full weeks from the time I placed the order will be May 3. And since I'm on the west coast, maybe it will take the full 8 weeks. Sigh.

I'm on the West coast, too, and it took the full 8 weeks. It actually arrived at the dealership and was prepped and ready for pickup before the website updated the status. You are a little closer to the port than I am, so maybe that will cut off one more day on the wait...... I know - it seems like FOREVER!

x39339
04-10-2005, 09:48 PM

You are lucky. I placed my order on March 9th and didn't make the March production. As of today, my car still hasn't built yet and probably need to wait till end of May. I'm living on the east coast and they said shipping will take 4 weeks (from factory to dealer). I hate the wait!!!

HGX3.0
04-11-2005, 01:24 PM
It took exactly 2 months from the day I placed order to delivery at local dealer ...

climrgrl
04-11-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, x39339. I hate the wait, too!

But I did manage to find some information....after much digging on NYK Line's website (thanks for the link!), I found their west coast route and schedule. They have a ship that left Bremerhaven on Apr. 5th, and gets to Los Angeles (not Port Hueneme like the WW line) on Apr. 24th. Since the owner's circle tracking updated to "En Route" early last week, I think that may be the one mine is on! Hopefully it won't take too long to go through the processing center, and maybe I'll have it by the 26th or 27th. I'm so excited, I can't wait! :clap: