PDA

View Full Version : Seat Damage

Laosk
04-10-2005, 04:18 PM
:cry:

One of these days our car will not be scheduled to go into the dealership and we can just live happily ever after with the car we have bought and love. That's how this BMW fairy tale is supposed to go, right?
:p

We took our X3 in on Friday to get it programmed as when we picked it up, it was not done. Nor when we brought it back in to have somethings added (bluetooth, iPod adapter) was the programming done.
So the programming finally gets done and we jet off to enjoy our complete and fully functional Ultimate Driving Machine.

Fast forward to today when we took it to get vacuumed out. Peering down into the footwell of the drivers side we noticed some damage to the front seat as I was vacuuming. It almost appears that it was burned or something rubbed up against it to the point of the friction causing the vinyl to melt away.
Not good.
We have emailed our CA with a picture to see what they have to say.
I pointed out that there has been nothing in our car that could have damaged it like this and it is beyond normal wear and tear. The only thing I can think is that it was damaged somehow when they were doing the reprogramming. I notcied a large yellow like "box" that was in and out of the car as they were doing the programming and I also noticed that there was not cover placed over the seat as techs/porters were getting in and out of the vehicle.
Unfortunately it looks like for something this small, the only option would be to replace the whole seat.
Comments?

Edit: Hmmm where are the pics? Lets try this again....

tromar1
05-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Stick to your guns and demand that it be replaced. Don't forget you are a valued customer, and if the damage was not done by you, but by them as you suspect...then they should replace the seat.

I notice a small rip in my head liner and after work was done on my sun roof and I pointed it out to my dealership many days later. I told them that when their tech was working on that area he must've done it, as there would be no logical way it could have been done otherwise. They replaced it.

Good luck.