PDA

View Full Version : What Do You LOVE Best About Your X3?

pipo
04-11-2005, 01:48 PM
OK, since there's been a bit too much whining and complaining lately (I plead guilty), it's time to shake the winter blues and sing the praises for our X3s. No negative comments permitted...

I LOVE:

Admiring my X3 parked in the driveway from the front or 3/4 front view, looking like it wants to move -- fast!

The way it moves -- fast!

How if you take a curve at 60mph that most "normal" cars would fail to negotiate, the X3 seems to say: "That was good, but let's do it faster next time. That was fun and that's what I'm made for!"

The rock solid and oh so responsive suspension! Gotta get some real summer performance tires to see what this baby can really do.

The list goes on...

calgaryx3
04-11-2005, 04:07 PM
I know everyone is going to rant about the superb handling of the X3, so I'll leave that dead horse unflogged :p

In addition to the handling, I think the X3 has by far, the best stock stereo system I've ever heard. Step aside Nissan's BOSE or Lexus', Mark Levinson systems, BMW has hit a home run with a powerful, multifunction headunit, notwithstanding strategic positioning of speakers/subwoofers about the interior.

Also worth mentioning are the HID headlights. With their "self adjusting" feature, and the xenon output of both low and high beams, they are far superior to other headlights I have had experiences with.

Good job BMW!

Asif

jliu34740
04-11-2005, 04:14 PM
The Panoramic Sunroof, yeeeeeah baby

JG
04-11-2005, 08:21 PM
A few minor qualms - but overall excellent.

Sunroof is superb.

Handling is excellent - there is no other SAV that comes close.

Safety - I took this thing into a 6" snow covered parking lot last week and couldn't put a foot wrong.

The crash test results will be interesting when they finally arrive. But what other vehicle can provide such handling enjoyment in good weather conditions - and be one of the last vehicles standing when winter conditions, rainstorms etc. put the white knuckle crowd to the limits?

I also found the stock stereo pumped up - with Los Lonely Boys = excellent. :yikes:

The way the Xenon lights show the road ahead, and adjust themselves at startup - nice.

The chrome grill and window strip on the Canadian 3.0i's..........

After using this thing functionally - loading up all kinds of crap at Home Depot - taking out the rear bench and piling up several dog crates. I appreciate the spartan but toughness of the sensetac and plastics interior.

The rear tie-downs and rails are very good for securing stuff that would otherwise float around - during high speed cornering.

Heated steering wheel and seats.

PDC - saves my neck from turning around when backing into my garage or a tight parking space.

Bottom line - the sound of a 3.0 litre BMW inline 6 entering redline territory!

Rob V
04-12-2005, 09:14 AM
My X3 is still on order but from test drives I think I like the exhaust note and the sunroof as my favorite features. I may have to add the self adjusting Xenons to this list later on. I've heard some nice comments on the radio but I thought it was a little lacking. My current Freelander has a much cleaner sounding stereo but lacks the base of the stock X3 stereo so well see. I'm sure it's still pretty kick @ss. :thumbup:

B r i a n
04-12-2005, 09:38 AM
:)
2005 X3 3.0i

jdeday
04-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Aside from the great handling and performance of the X3 I love the Panoramic Sun Roof and the Xenon Head Lamps!

Aaron325iT
04-12-2005, 11:22 AM
This thread is making the 2-3 weeks until my 3.0i arrives seem like 2-3 years! Looking forward to testing out the stock stereo. And I'm definitely looking forward to probably one of the biggest sunroofs available on any new car; judging by what I saw in the dealership it makes my 325i's look like a mail slot. Probably won't be needing the heated steering wheel until later this year...but having driven an X5 with one I know how great those are.

Last week of April can't come soon enough!!! :)

pipo
04-12-2005, 11:45 AM
My X3 is still on order but from test drives I think I like the exhaust note and the sunroof as my favorite features. I may have to add the self adjusting Xenons to this list later on. I've heard some nice comments on the radio but I thought it was a little lacking. My current Freelander has a much cleaner sounding stereo but lacks the base of the stock X3 stereo so well see. I'm sure it's still pretty kick @ss. :thumbup:

Stereo takes a while to break in. Probably has something to do with the speaker cones loosening up over time. Also, I like to set the fade control 2-3 notches to the rear on the premium system (I don't know about stock), which seems to make the sound more dynamic. And I like my tunes LOUD. :D

Rob V
04-12-2005, 12:49 PM
I guess I should re-phrase my statement about the stock stereo. I'm comparing it to my LR stereo which has nice"highs" but little "mids" and NO base. But I enjoy a crisp sound so I guess that's why I initially preferred the LR stereo over the BMW which has much better "lows" and "mids" but could use some help on the "highs." I'm sure over time I will grow to like the BMW stero better because EVERYTHING ELSE around the stereo is a hundred time better in the X3 than the LR. Man, I can't wait to drive it!!!

Aaron325iT
04-12-2005, 04:59 PM
On another note about the stereo, I think in Canada and the US we get the midrange stereo as standard. My guess is based on the fact that on the BMW UK website there are 2 optional stereos, HiFi (which I think we get standard, 8 speakers, incl. 2 subs) and HiFi DSP Prof., 10 speakers.

As an aside I optioned up my 3.0i over there in pounds: 37k in pounds sterling! That's $85k Canadian/70k US!!! My car only goes for about C$61-62 including tax over here! So many things that are standard here were optional it wasn't even funny...