PDA

View Full Version : Nalley BMW charged me new prices for a 10,000 mile tire

Presley348
04-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Before I go to the trouble, does anyone here know what is BMW NA Policy on Loaner, Courtesy BMWs? You know it is always something! This past week my new e60 was at Nalley BMW in Decatur GA having 1st year service work performed plus I purchased some new rims to have installed. They let me use a courtesy 2004 BMW 330i with 10,000 miles, which was nice, but on the way home, I had a flat tire that the side wall blew out...Today when I went back to turn my courtesy in they presented my with a bill for: $182.61 for a brand new tire, plus their labor charge of $35.00, valve 1.63, deposer fee of 4.00 total 223.24,, (CLICK ON BELOW), and the Nalley BMW employee (Cheryl) handling the case, said sir don't worry I rip you off! (Yea Right!)

Question forum: Do you feel this is fair what they did to me, making me pay for a new tire, even though theirs had 10,000 miles on it? We are all here BMW owners and their customers, and remember if they did it to me they can do it to you also, because now a precedent has now been established, and good news about a new way for BMW dealer to make an extra buck or two travels fast to other BMW dealers in other states, and good BMW money making news I bet travels fast from: east to west!

Also the did get me assist fixed but now my factory 6 disc cd player will not work. It was working great when I took it in last week, but now it will not give me a cd position menu on my iDrive

Well I am out some money and time, and I hope what happened to me does not happen to you.

Sincerely,

==================

STATUS UPDATE

Dear Forum members:

Mon 4-25-05 @ 11:58hrs, This post is about the outcome of me paying new tire fees and labor, for a flat tire on a 10,000 mile loaner BMW 330i.

I received a phone call from Mr. Clay Nalley the owner of Nalley BMW himself, shared with me how he had just read my letter I sent last Friday, and how he apologizes for any inconvenience it might had caused me and is sending me a refund of $223.24 today.

In conclusion: With Mr. Nalley doing this, restore what faith I had lost in Nalley BMW, and it still by my personal experience Nalley BMW is still the #1 BMW dealer here in the Atlanta GA area in my book, and my family and I will continue doing all our auto business with Nalley BMW. (formally aka Chris BMW)

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley

Ågent99
04-13-2005, 09:04 AM
There is no BMWNA policy on loaners. It is at the dealer's discretion whether or not they give you a loaner.

Unless the dealer can show you damaged the tire by doing something you shouldn't have, I don't see how you are liable to pay for a tire on a rental car. You need to read the rental agreement that you signed to get to the fine print. I wouldn't pay the bill.

BMW528i_Bilal
04-21-2005, 01:41 PM
The dealer should have covered that cost of the new tire. something should have been wrong with the tire, probably the dealer over inflated that tire that caused the tire to blow. I wouldn't pay one pennie to the dealer. They should have apologised, rather than stealing more money from you. I had the same problem where my loaner (320i) got a flat, and the dealer didn't charge me a cent, but give me a better loaner car (525i), and they apologised for flat. I WOULDN'T PAY ONE PENNIE ! :thumbdwn:

TGray5
04-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Why would you pay the bill if you didn't think it was right? You are in a much worse negotiating position now. The only way I can see a dealer asking you to pay for their tire is if you hit a curb or something causing the blowout or if you drove on a flat tire, thus ruining the tire. Are you sure there isn't more to the story?

MatWiz
04-22-2005, 09:28 PM
I hope you meant that you can dispute the charges with your credit card company, not with the dealer. Call your credit card company and dispute the charges with them. Ask them to reverse the charge. Go to small claim court if you need to. If the dealer told you that you have 60 days to dispute the charges with them, be careful, you might run out of time to dispute with the credit card company - they might delay and delay until it is too late for you to dispute.

If you run out of options with them, tell them you'd file a complain with the Better Business Bureau and with the Consumer Affair. Sometimes business recognize that they'd lose more potential customers if they'd have published complains about them.

Damn. You should not let them get away with shiit like that!

TGray5
04-23-2005, 12:35 AM
IMO, disputing with the credit card company is a last resort. You signed the bill at the dealer...go back there and dispute it with them. Complaining to the credit card company about a bill that you signed and agreed to pay for and didn't dispute with the vendor is chicken sheeit.

Presley348
04-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Dear Forum members:

Mon 4-25-05 @ 11:58hrs, This post is about the outcome of me paying new tire fees and labor, for a flat tire on a 10,000 mile loaner BMW 330i.

I received a phone call from Mr. Clay Nalley the owner of Nalley BMW himself, shared with me how he had just read my letter I sent last Friday, and how he apologizes for any inconvenience it might had caused me and is sending me a refund of $223.24 today.

In conclusion: With Mr. Nalley doing this, restore what faith I had lost in Nalley BMW, and it still by my personal experience Nalley BMW is still the #1 BMW dealer here in the Atlanta GA area in my book, and my family and I will continue doing all our auto business with Nalley BMW. (formally aka Chris Imports - BMW)

Sincerely,

Ågent99
04-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Excellent...always nice to have a good ending. It took some work on your end but all parties appear to be satisfied.

:)