PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for Bimmerfest?

bmwtransport
04-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Well Today I officially started to prepare my car for Bimmerfest. Cleaning all the door jams, rims, chrome trim, etc. Its not dirty but I want to be perfect. My interior is always flawless so no need to worry about that. I still have to detail the engine compartment and clay/wax the paint.

Uh, can't wait!

BoostedE21
04-13-2005, 08:31 AM
OOHH YEAH! i cant wait, it still have ALOT of detailing to do.

bmwtransport
04-13-2005, 09:06 AM
OOHH YEAH! i cant wait, it still have ALOT of detailing to do.

You better hurry! Its coming up. :thumbup:

KrisL
04-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Well Today I officially started to prepare my car for Bimmerfest. Cleaning all the door jams, rims, chrome trim, etc. Its not dirty but I want to be perfect. My interior is always flawless so no need to worry about that. I still have to detail the engine compartment and clay/wax the paint.

Uh, can't wait!

Right now I'm more concerned about the autocross this Sunday. Making sure my cordless torque wrench is charged, air tank full of air, supply box full, race tires not flat, etc :). I'll worry about Bimmerfest next week.

bmwtransport
04-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Right now I'm more concerned about the autocross this Sunday. Making sure my cordless torque wrench is charged, air tank full of air, supply box full, race tires not flat, etc :). I'll worry about Bimmerfest next week.

Good luck with the race.

BLitZeD310
04-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Ive been preparing for the last 2 weeks non stop. It'll be worth it :thumbup:

Misha_S
04-15-2005, 12:15 AM
just did the first wash today. full slay bar and wax and detail this weekend.

lowering springs going on next week and one last wash friday and leave it at work so i dont even have to drive it there in the morning.

i cant wait.

misha

OG Skooler
04-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Well as bmwtransport knows ;)

Mine is in the shop having ICE installed as we speak. I'll have her back by Saturday and then off to the shop for performance parts to be installed early next week and appointment with detailer's on Wednesday.

Gotta show your best for the 'fest! :thumbup:

bmwtransport
04-15-2005, 03:28 AM
Well as bmwtransport knows ;)

Mine is in the shop having ICE installed as we speak. I'll have her back by Saturday and then off to the shop for performance parts to be installed early next week and appointment with detailer's on Wednesday.

Gotta show your best for the 'fest! :thumbup:

:thumbup:

bmwtransport
04-15-2005, 03:30 AM
I just spend 6 hours cleaning and polishing the dor jams today. It wasn't very dirty because the 7 series doors are completely sealed, but 7 years I bet nobody cleaned it. It was mostly light dust and the front had scuffs from shoes. All that is gone. I sure will try to take pictures and post them. It looks like brand new. :thumbup:

RKT BMR
04-19-2005, 12:06 PM
I just spend 6 hours cleaning and polishing the dor jams today. It wasn't very dirty because the 7 series doors are completely sealed, but 7 years I bet nobody cleaned it. It was mostly light dust and the front had scuffs from shoes. All that is gone. I sure will try to take pictures and post them. It looks like brand new. :thumbup:Whew! Yesterday I spent nine hours polishing the roundel on the hood. I expect to finish most of the rest of the car by friday working round the clock.

:D

LordGop
04-19-2005, 12:47 PM
I usually give my car the complete Zymol run down which takes about 6 or so hours with other things here and there....But since I'm flying in late friday afternoon for the weekend, looks like I'm going to just have my borther take my car to get detailed by a good guy I know.

car_for_mom
04-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Once again, the evil spectre of work looms over my attending Bimmerfest 2005. :mad:

Managers in Information Technology are simply sadistic; I told them over a month ago that I had plans to attend Bimmerfest 2005, and what happens? They've scheduled two, count 'em, two database refreshes :yikes: and a server swap from HP V-Class servers to HP RP-7420 servers! :yikes:

Translation for non-DBA's: A database refresh is where you copy one database to another, usually a production database to a development/test environment. The database in question is one-half terabyte (more than 500GB) in size; this process takes about 60-72 hours :cry:

The UNIX SysAdmin is the one who does the server swap, but as the Oracle Database Administrator, I have to make sure that the Oracle production databases, database replication and other applications come up on the new servers lest there be wailing and gnashing of teeth in executive suites :eeps:

We'll see what happens...stay tuned!

LordGop
04-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Once again, the evil spectre of work looms over my attending Bimmerfest 2005. :mad:

Managers in Information Technology are simply sadistic; I told them over a month ago that I had plans to attend Bimmerfest 2005, and what happens? They've scheduled two, count 'em, two database refreshes :yikes: and a server swap from HP V-Class servers to HP RP-7420 servers! :yikes:

Translation for non-DBA's: A database refresh is where you copy one database to another, usually a production database to a development/test environment. The database in question is one-half terabyte (more than 500GB) in size; this process takes about 60-72 hours :cry:

The UNIX SysAdmin is the one who does the server swap, but as the Oracle Database Administrator, I have to make sure that the Oracle production databases, database replication and other applications come up on the new servers lest there be wailing and gnashing of teeth in executive suites :eeps:

I feel your pain hehe.

JAWJr
04-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Man am I getting excited! Today after work I finished off the interior and topped off the tires. Like a lot of people here I have to work late friday, so I'll be washing her directly after I get home, followed by a Sonus QD and an AIO for the wheels. I'll be taking my detail bag with me for a post-drive detail. This'll be my first so I don't know what to expect, but I'm having fun already! See y'all there :thumbup:

~Jon

Bob Clevenger
04-21-2005, 11:20 PM
I fear I may well have the dirtiest car at Bimmerfest --- I just got it back from the body shop yesterday and they said not to wash it for a week. Trying to keep her in the garage as much as possible. Mea culpa!

30yrMbr
04-21-2005, 11:59 PM

Man I do feel your pain, being an Unix Oracle DBA myself. Here's my sad story, I was all set to attend my first Bimmerfest, had drivers lined up for the 96 318Ti M-Technic (many mods), my wife was going to bring her TechoViolet 98 M3 convertible (mostly stock) and I was driving our 02 M3 coupe (many, many mods and has been shown at both the Peterson and the Blackhawk museums). Now the 318Ti drivers going to a funeral on Sat. the wife is in hosptial for emergency surgery and I can't come to the party. Major Bummerfest if you ask me. Looking forward to next year, if I have to get a divorce, quit my job and hire three drivers to make it to Bimmerfest. You'all enjoy - Very envious and so much goodies, and no tickets for me
:dunno: :mad:

Darkstar M3
04-22-2005, 12:57 AM
I washed/waxed my car on Sunday.
Steamed the engine, and detailed it today...
Will probobly wipe it down tomorrow morning...
wash/clean it Friday afternoon,
and then another go again Saturday morning.
My girlfriend said, "Why dont you just wash it Saturday morning? All this cleaning, and it's just going to get dirty anyways." She's right... but she doesn't understand the method to my madness. :confused:

alpinewhite325i
04-22-2005, 02:59 AM
I washed/waxed my car on Sunday.
Steamed the engine, and detailed it today...
Will probobly wipe it down tomorrow morning...
wash/clean it Friday afternoon,
and then another go again Saturday morning.
My girlfriend said, "Why dont you just wash it Saturday morning? All this cleaning, and it's just going to get dirty anyways." She's right... but she doesn't understand the method to my madness. :confused:
Nice lookin' M

car_for_mom
04-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Man I do feel your pain, being an Unix Oracle DBA myself. Here's my sad story, I was all set to attend my first Bimmerfest, had drivers lined up for the 96 318Ti M-Technic (many mods), my wife was going to bring her TechoViolet 98 M3 convertible (mostly stock) and I was driving our 02 M3 coupe (many, many mods and has been shown at both the Peterson and the Blackhawk museums). Now the 318Ti drivers going to a funeral on Sat. the wife is in hosptial for emergency surgery and I can't come to the party. Major Bummerfest if you ask me. Looking forward to next year, if I have to get a divorce, quit my job and hire three drivers to make it to Bimmerfest. You'all enjoy - Very envious and so much goodies, and no tickets for me
:dunno: :mad:

That's terrible!, 30yrMbr! I hope your wife will be okay, and I'm sorry to hear that one of your drivers has to attend a funeral.

It looks like I've dodged a bullet (so far)...one of the database refreshes was cancelled, because "I canna change the laws of physics, Captain, I can't work in production and development at the same time, hello!", and the server swap takes place on Sunday :sabrina: I made sure that my manager knows I'm going to be in Santa Barbara (Lord willing) on Saturday :thumbup:

SB_328SP
04-22-2005, 08:29 AM
I too will be joining the Friday afternoon wash/detail club, but I know it is all for naught. The weather forcast in SB as of this morning is "Showers Likely". Of course I think there is something cool looking about a freshly detailed black car with fresh rain drops on it. Keep your fingers crossed, but bring your rain jackets & umbrellas just in case. ;)

Vroomer
04-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Going to duck out of work early to wash and prep 'Baby'. Had the boss' boss here all week. :p

~Vroomer

LordGop
04-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Going to duck out of work early to wash and prep 'Baby'. Had the boss' boss here all week. :p

~Vroomer

Uummmmm yeeeeaaaa, Peter I'm gonna need you to come in on uhhh yeeeeaaa Saturday, yea. Oh also Sunday mmmm'k.

Vroomer
04-22-2005, 06:35 PM
not yet. gotta wash 'Baby' now.

~Vroomer

Vroomer
04-22-2005, 09:39 PM
'Baby' is now clean!!

~Vroomer

JAWJr
04-23-2005, 12:47 AM
All clean, packed, ready to go... But I can't sleep! I keep turning on my radio to 5-0 in hopes some SD people are awake and talking... Geez and I need to get up in four hours!

~Jon :eeps:

Slvr e39
04-23-2005, 01:01 AM
im in SB at Best western. Cant wait for tomorrow.