PDA

View Full Version : Motion sensor

vern
04-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Do you check the motion sensor by lowering the windows,setting the alarm and then passing your arm through the open window?If so my alarm doesn't go off.What could be wromg?Software again? TIA
vern

Ågent99
04-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah, that works quite well on my E39 and I imagine it should work on the E60 as well.

Just to be sure, you can also turn off the motion sensor after you normally arm the car by pressing the roundel for about 2 seconds. You'll see the big red nose hold steady for a second and then go back to blinking. This is your indication that you just turned off the motion sensor.

Now, open a window, arm the car as usual. Now wait a few minutes and toss a tennis ball inside or put your arm through the window. You should trip the motion sensor.

If not, I would wait a bit longer and try again...you get 3 tennis balls per can! :)

Otherwise, I would guess you are correct and the s/w is suspect or it could be a h/w problem...dealer time as you surmise....

vern
04-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah, that works quite well on my E39 and I imagine it should work on the E60 as well.

Just to be sure, you can also turn off the motion sensor after you normally arm the car by pressing the roundel for about 2 seconds. You'll see the big red nose hold steady for a second and then go back to blinking. This is your indication that you just turned off the motion sensor.

Now, open a window, arm the car as usual. Now wait a few minutes and toss a tennis ball inside or put your arm through the window. You should trip the motion sensor.

If not, I would wait a bit longer and try again...you get 3 tennis balls per can! :)

Otherwise, I would guess you are correct and the s/w is suspect or it could be a h/w problem...dealer time as you surmise....I tried your suggestion and every thing worked fine.I guess I didn't wait long enough,( a few minutes),Before passing my arm through the open window.THANKS
vern

Ågent99
04-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Excellent...glad you are a-okay!

:smokin:

TGray5
04-18-2005, 04:26 PM
I tried your suggestion and every thing worked fine.I guess I didn't wait long enough,( a few minutes),Before passing my arm through the open window.THANKS
vern

Yes, there is a delay before it arms itself....30 seconds or so I believe.