PDA

View Full Version : M3 exhaust

AZM3
04-18-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm new to the link and I can see that I'm dealing with experts. I got lucky and grabbed a 2005 M3 (SMG) that is in production. Hope to have end of May or first of June. :dunno: , jet black with cinnamon interior, 19's premium package and such. I have heard mixed reviews about the stock exhaust on the M3? Some same change the exhaust and others are saying that it's perfect. haven't heard the exhaust in person? Keep it or change it once I break the car in.

16hr Day
04-18-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm new to the link and I can see that I'm dealing with experts. I got lucky and grabbed a 2005 M3 (SMG) that is in production. Hope to have end of May or first of June. :dunno: , jet black with cinnamon interior, 19's premium package and such. I have heard mixed reviews about the stock exhaust on the M3? Some same change the exhaust and others are saying that it's perfect. haven't heard the exhaust in person? Keep it or change it once I break the car in.

Save your money for gas. At almost $3.00 a gallon you are going to need it. I if you want better sound that's about the only reason to upgrade. I doubt you will ever fell the difference.

budmanm3
04-19-2005, 12:03 AM
check out www.klangford.com for all your exhausts for M3's.. there are some stock videos on there somewhere if you want to compare..

AZM3
04-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Save your money for gas. At almost $3.00 a gallon you are going to need it. I if you want better sound that's about the only reason to upgrade. I doubt you will ever fell the difference.

16hr day: Thank's for the reply. If other M3 drivers are content, then there is no reason to change unless I wanted to be unique!

AZM3
04-19-2005, 08:17 AM
check out www.klangford.com for all your exhausts for M3's.. there are some stock videos on there somewhere if you want to compare..

That was some sick driving. Thank's for the link and demo. 4 more weeks until she arrives in my garage.

Cowboy Bebop
04-19-2005, 09:03 AM
No such thing as "Unique" anymore in terms of exhaust, but like anything else I would say that you should experience the sound and the rasp personally for a while before you make any decision.
you may love it, or hate it... there seems to be little middle ground on this one.
if you hate the rasp, there are also at least 3 makers of a "Rasp Elimination" Pipe for the cars that is just attached inline and used with any exhaust you chose.
so No reason to swap the exhaust unless you are going Ti to save weight, or just don't like the way it sounds.

AZM3
04-19-2005, 01:12 PM
No such thing as "Unique" anymore in terms of exhaust, but like anything else I would say that you should experience the sound and the rasp personally for a while before you make any decision.
you may love it, or hate it... there seems to be little middle ground on this one.
if you hate the rasp, there are also at least 3 makers of a "Rasp Elimination" Pipe for the cars that is just attached inline and used with any exhaust you chose.
so No reason to swap the exhaust unless you are going Ti to save weight, or just don't like the way it sounds.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll see you out on the streets sometime..

jetstream23
06-02-2005, 09:28 PM

My bet is that you will love the sound of the stock exhaust.

AZM3
06-02-2005, 09:32 PM
I followed one into work yesterday. Key word followed... I have to agree and what the heck, I'll get a closer look and sound of the exhaust next week when the car arrives. Can't wait to drive it out of their "New Car" bay... over at No. Scottsdale BMW

jetstream23
06-03-2005, 10:36 PM
I followed one into work yesterday. Key word followed... I have to agree and what the heck, I'll get a closer look and sound of the exhaust next week when the car arrives. Can't wait to drive it out of their "New Car" bay... over at No. Scottsdale BMW

Ahhh....the new car bay ! You'll be walking...errrr....driving in my tire prints. Enjoy! Delivery day is something to be cherished....and photographed.

jetstream23
06-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Oh, and don't forget to take a picture of the ody.....it will never be that low again!

jetstream23
06-07-2005, 11:37 AM

AZM3, Did you take delivery yet?