PDA

View Full Version : Bimmerfest. What is the Criteria for parking where?????

WilliamsKR
04-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Jon,
I'm a bit confused. Last year I was bone stock (2001 330I) This year I've donne a few mods 19' Hammans (H2's), M-Technic Front end, AC Shcnitzer Side Mirrors, Alpine Flip Screen (DVD) JL Amps and Speakers etc.... It definitely does not compare to the M-3's parked on the grass last year or Show car material, but I thought I would be able to progress a little. What is the down and dirty??? Where do I get to park???? Please advise.

Jon Shafer
04-19-2005, 02:36 PM
The criteria is by no means concrete. What we are hoping to define are vehicles that one would reasonably expect to find on display at a car show (e.g., "classic" BMW's, rare BMW's, or highly modified cars/cars of special interest). I haven't seen your car, but it sounds very nice. What you and other attendees should ask yourselves in answering this question is, "Is this a car that I would be excited to see or would expect to find at a car show?" If the answer is "no", then you would probably be doing a favor to the other enthusiasts coming by not taking up a space on the lot. Space is limited. Please keep this in mind. As proud as we all are of our BMWs, not all of them qualify as cars that others would be so excited to see. Sorry if anyone finds this position upsetting. Because the event has grown to the point that it has now at the 6th annual Bimmerfest, we all have to be mindful of what's best and most interesting to the greater majority of attendees.

Hope this helps,
--Jon

scottn2retro
04-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Jon,
I'm a bit confused. Last year I was bone stock (2001 330I) This year I've donne a few mods 19' Hammans (H2's), M-Technic Front end, AC Shcnitzer Side Mirrors, Alpine Flip Screen (DVD) JL Amps and Speakers etc.... It definitely does not compare to the M-3's parked on the grass last year or Show car material, but I thought I would be able to progress a little. What is the down and dirty??? Where do I get to park???? Please advise.

Your car sounds modified/customized to me.

Dare I call out any models? Like Emission said in the other thread, his bone stock X5 3.0 with a slushie qualifies as somebody that should defer to the other cars. Maybe bone stock e46 325 sedans with an automatic (gee, BMW didn't sell many of them :) ).

Think bone stock very recent/current models, especially if they are the lowest model in the series (lowest model 3 series, lowest model 5 series, etc.)

Vroomer
04-19-2005, 03:14 PM
What about a car with a story?

My car's been around the world (almost). South Carolina to Germany to Inchon, Korea (Registered) to Oakland, California (Registered). September 2005, she will have made the trek around the world.

~Vroomer

bimmerguy2006
04-19-2005, 03:32 PM
No one has gotten back to me whether some semi-stock vehicles from LMUAE could represent if we took the farthest out spots and had our banner our - should be 2 or 3 cars.

Vroomer
04-19-2005, 03:45 PM
I will have a stack of these tickets to hand out to all those wanna be people.

http://www.cloudinthewind.com/~mystratus/media/files/ricecitation.jpg

If you find one under your window wiper, you'll know I was there. No appeals. Guilty is guilty. Go back to living in the fast and the furrious.

~Vroomer

scottn2retro
04-19-2005, 09:58 PM
What about a car with a story?

My car's been around the world (almost). South Carolina to Germany to Inchon, Korea (Registered) to Oakland, California (Registered). September 2005, she will have made the trek around the world.

~Vroomer

Hehe, roadsters are automatically cool enthusiasts cars. :)

scottn2retro
04-19-2005, 10:02 PM
No one has gotten back to me whether some semi-stock vehicles from LMUAE could represent if we took the farthest out spots and had our banner our - should be 2 or 3 cars.

Are you coming with the big SoCal caravan on Sat. morning?

bimmerguy2006
04-20-2005, 10:27 AM
I will be in SB friday night for the pre-meet and arriving early on sat morning so that the 2 cars that hopefully show up all park together, assuming we can park in the lot for the purpose of promotion.