PDA

View Full Version : Toyo Tires Media Release for Bimmerfest

Jon Shafer
04-21-2005, 03:36 PM
CYPRESS, <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:STATE w:st="on">CALIFORNIA</ST1:STATE> -- Toyo Tires® announces the introduction of their new Proxes T1R? ultra-high performance tire designed exclusively for high-end sport sedans and coupes. The Proxes T1R? delivers outstanding performance, taking handling to a new level.

The Proxes T1R? has an Ultra High Molecular Polymer, High Silica Compound to minimize heat build-up during high-speed operation and high-cornering loads. The result is superior traction and performance combined with even greater wear resistance. Other benefits of Ultra High Molecular Polymer include a tougher tread surface with increased stability for improved handling on dry surfaces. The new Silica Compound reinforces the molecules in the tire?s rubber to increase performance in wet conditions.

Toyo?s Proxes T1R? combines a unidirectional v-shaped center tread for water channeling with rigid shoulders for high-cornering grip. The center tread directs water away from the contact surface of the tire for an exceptional resistance to aquaplaning. This center tread design utilizes a computer-generated Half Pitch Optimization Pattern. Combined with a Single Pitch Optimization Pattern on the shoulders of the tire, tread noise is significantly reduced throughout the overall life of the tire.

Extreme cornering forces and a quick transitional response are accomplished by the broad, rigid shoulders of the Proxes T1R?. The shoulders have a Circumferential Rib-Band for superior handling both laterally and while stopping to reduce braking distance. Hidden below the surface of the Proxes T1R? is a Spiral Wound Edge and Cap Ply with Jointless Construction for precise uniformity and high-speed durability. A High Modulus Bead Apex Rubber also contributes to an improvement in overall handling.

The new Proxes T1R? will be available in a broad variety of sizes to fit wheels from 14- to 21-inches in size. For more information on the new Proxes T1R?, log onto toyo.com. During 2005, Toyo Group celebrates its 60<SUP>th</SUP> Anniversary. Toyo manufactures and distributes a complete line of high performance and original equipment replacement tires for passenger car, light truck, commercial truck, bus, off-road and construction applications.

Kaz
04-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Damn, I ran out of tires a month too early! These are the ones I really wanted.

I REALLY want to win these on Saturday.

SergioK
04-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Hmmm... I wonder how these compare to the R1R. :dunno:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40888

LordGop
04-21-2005, 11:08 PM
dang I like the tread pattern...

doeboy
04-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Hmmm... I wonder how these compare to the R1R. :dunno:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40888

It may sound like it's R-compound but it is not. T1R is the replacement for the T1S.

doeboy
04-21-2005, 11:29 PM

Me too... I need tires... my Yoko ES100s are beginnnig to wear....

Keith
04-22-2005, 04:28 AM

Oh knock it off Kaz, I know what you're doing! :p