PDA

View Full Version : Radio Intermittently not holding presets

keep off median
04-21-2005, 06:21 PM
From time to time, I get in our 2004 X3 and all of the radio presets are gone. I reported the problem to the dealer and since he couldn't replicate it, it's evidently not a problem. Another intermittent problem is the climate control. When you start up the car, it isn't always set to the same temp that you left it. We have shut off the car with the temp set to 67 and start the car in the morning and it's at 80.

Anyone else experience these types of electronic gremlins?

judybe83
04-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Judybe83 is feeding our new granddaughter

Both of these are related to “key specific programming”

See pg 64 of the owner’s manual for the AC

See your car/key programming form ( pg 4 ) for

Audio/Video

Key-specif, set. of Audio/Video
Active

= Not Active

FMA will search for the strongest stations every time you start the car if you leave the radio on FMA

Hope this helps
ab

Tayrum
04-25-2005, 07:02 PM
From time to time, I get in our 2004 X3 and all of the radio presets are gone. I reported the problem to the dealer and since he couldn't replicate it, it's evidently not a problem. Another intermittent problem is the climate control. When you start up the car, it isn't always set to the same temp that you left it. We have shut off the car with the temp set to 67 and start the car in the morning and it's at 80.

Anyone else experience these types of electronic gremlins?
Yes it happened to me today when I parked outside of a hospital. When I tried to lock the car, the keyless remote would not work so I manually locked it. When I came back and left all my radio pre-sets were gone. Needless to say I was not impressed and have no idea why this happened figuring it was due to the keyless not working tripping the stereo somehow.

Tayrum
04-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Yes it happened to me today when I parked outside of a hospital. When I tried to lock the car, the keyless remote would not work so I manually locked it. When I came back and left all my radio pre-sets were gone. Needless to say I was not impressed and have no idea why this happened figuring it was due to the keyless not working tripping the stereo somehow.

Gremlins definitely at work here. Today my keyless remote didn't work again so I got into the car manually and held the key up to the rear view mirror and hit the unlock button twice which fixed the remote. The really weird thing now is all the presets on my radio went back to the way they were before they were wiped out the first time! Too weird - not even going to look for an explanation to this one. Just thought I'd share. Maybe I got the first possessed X3 out there.....